Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

Well whoomp--there it is.

Breakdowns and analysis tonight @ 6.

• Like 10

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, Pharos04 said:

Does that say “DC FC” and “The People’s Team”??

I thought that's what I saw. 

Going soccer-style on us over there? I...kinda...love that???

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

1 minute ago, tBBP said:

I thought that's what I saw. 

Going soccer-style on us over there? I...kinda...love that???

Me too. Continuing the soccer tradition of WFT with DC FC. Nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Me too. Continuing the soccer tradition of WFT with DC FC. Nice.

I was wondering when we'd see a shift toward soccer-style branding with one of the big 4 pro leagues...figures the nameless one would be the one to do it (unless you count that whole "We Grow Basketball Here" thing the Indiana Pacers called themselves doing). I can guarantee we'll see more of this going forward--to what degree I don't know, but you can mark my words on this one. 

(The crazy thing is I was actually hoping it'd be the Cleveland Baseball Club to usher this style of branding into the Big 4. But hey, I'll roll with this for now.)

• Like 1

I'm fine with Commanders.  The W logo is okay too, but I can't help but see a folded piece of cardboard.

• Like 10
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, Froob said:

32s is awkward to even say.

I have no issue pronouncing it what so ever. Have to disagree on that one.

It's no Wocestershire sauce  

• Like 9

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 minute ago, Jer15 said:

I have no issue pronouncing it what so ever. Have to disagree on that one.

It's no Worchester sauce  

Worcestershire

23 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

A Reddit post where the COMMANDERS with the 2 lines matches a glimpse of the new jersey:

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/rydooq

spacer.png

That reddit post's second photo is this, which doesn't match the W in the roundel (substantially different W designs, actually):

r/washingtonNFL - Introducing your Washington Commanders. The name on the jersey is under/overlined just like the wordmark. The patch on the back of the jersey could be this emblem, and the W in the merch leak matches the emblem. Hard to believe Commanders isn’t the name IMO.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

Worcestershire

yeah i caught that about the same time as you posted this.....auto correct screwed up my joke

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)