NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Ray Lewis got into Canton after he murdered a guy...

True. I still don't like that he's in there. But when you used banned substances that should keep you out of a game, especially the Super Bowl, and the league looks the other way I expect him to get away with pretty much everything. Heck, he was even in the NFL's video game commercial this year. Yuck! The NFL pushing out Gruden but not Snyder proves they only worry about themselves and their "image". If people hadn't found out that they technically couldn't release their finding without getting approval from Snyder they still tried to keep the current investigation a joint affair until the pitchforks came out. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

42 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Vermeil getting in confirms Shanahan will see Canton soon. But I guess with coaches, it's like "who's next in line" instead of "who's more deserving"

Vermeil's entry to Canton also confirms a gold jacket for coaches with similar or better careers on the sidelines: George Seifert, Mike Holmgren, Jon Gruden, Ton Coughlin, Sean Payton.

Jon Gruden isn’t getting in after everything this past year. I know society is quick to forget things, but unless gruden can find a media gig that will taken him (which is extremely unlikely) he will be the one that’s forgotten. Sean Payton is getting in just due to longevity and the overhyping of being an “offensive genius” which is easy to look like when you have one of the best qb’s of all time, Adam Gase looked like an offensive genius too as the OC for Peyton.

8 minutes ago, dont care said:

George Seifert, Mike Holmgren, Jon Gruden, Ton Coughlin, Sean Payton

The gold jacket list among active coaches, using the 'Vermeil standard': Bill Belichick (obv), Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, Pete Carroll John Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy, Sean McVay

6uXNWAo.png

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

The likes of also 'very good 'coaches like Marty and Dan Reeves will never see the HOF because they never won it all. And then there's the case of Mike Shanahan. It's laughable he's not in Canton if they're opening the doors to Vermeil

Vermeil

1 Super Bowl win

120 wins

.524 win %

6 playoff wins (.545 %)

Shanahan 

2 Super Bowl wins

170 wins

.552 win %

8 playoff wins (.571 %)

Vermeil also managed a down-to-the-studs rebuild of the Rams defense in three years; taking an absolutely atrocious unit and turning it into a Super Bowl champion.  Fewer wins, but Denver wasn't nearly as bad a situation for Shanahan as the Rams or Eagles were when Vermeil stepped in.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

To be fair, he obstructed justice in a murder investigation.  I don't think he was ever actually investigated as a potential murderer or alleged to have done it.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/13/2022 at 11:40 PM, Cujo said:

It was a different time. Back then, you could commit a crime and as long as you were a good player, the NFL would look the other way...which now that I think about it is pretty much what the NFL still does today.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

18 hours ago, BBTV said:

To be fair, he obstructed justice in a murder investigation.  I don't think he was ever actually investigated as a potential murderer or alleged to have done it.

He was charged with murder, but got the murder charge dropped to plead guilty to the obstruction. To be fair, though, the other two guys he was with were found not guilty of the murder. 

On 2/13/2022 at 11:08 PM, Cujo said:

The gold jacket list among active coaches, using the 'Vermeil standard': Bill Belichick (obv), Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, Pete Carroll John Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy, Sean McVay

Belichick: Yes.  Reid: Yes. Tomlin: Yes if he continues to not have a losing season for the next 5 years.  Carroll: Yes.  Harbaugh: No.  McCarthy: No.  McVay: No.  Bruce Arians: No unless he wins another Super Bowl.

7 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Belichick: Yes.  Reid: Yes. Tomlin: Yes if he continues to not have a losing season for the next 5 years.  Carroll: Yes.  Harbaugh: No.  McCarthy: No.  McVay: No.  Bruce Arians: No unless he wins another Super Bowl.

Belichick, Reid, Tomlin: Yes.  Carroll - probably will, but I'd say NO.  Harbaugh: borderline, but no.  McCarthly: Lolololololol.  Arians: No.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

29 minutes ago, Cujo said:

If McCarthy gets Dallas to a Super Bowl, his resume immediately surpasses Vermeil's

You say that like it’s a possibility. Even if Tom Brady comes back, signs with them, creates another super team there and does voodoo magic they aren’t winning a super bowl with McCarthy as head coach.

Oh man, this will be an interesting offseason at the QB position, moreso than any other year, including 2020 in which we saw Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers switch teams.  Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garappolo and possibly others such as Gardner Minshew, Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan.

4 hours ago, heavybass said:

Bengals resign Coach Taylor to a new deal, now he needs to build a proper OL and them Bengals will be back to the Super Bowl in no time.

People were saying the same thing about the Bengals in 1988. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg