NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

27 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Never forget the amount of people who said before the season (and probably are still saying it) that Baker > Lamar. 

The Lamar slander then and thereafter has always been nonsense. People even discounted his MVP!

Lamar should have been #1, even with everything we knew then. Guy looked like Michael Vick at Louisville and has been terrific ever since.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Lamar slander then and thereafter has always been nonsense. People even discounted his MVP!

Lamar should have been #1, even with everything we knew then. Guy looked like Michael Vick at Louisville and has been terrific ever since.

God, that is so refreshing to hear. I forget when I spend too much time away from this place that 90% of the posters here are very reasonable and level-headed. Team subreddits and Instagram fan pages are cesspools. 

• Like 6

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake said:

Reminder that Baker Mayfield was so bad this season he convinced everyone Odell was washed, the same Odell who is the WR2 on a Super Bowl team whose WR1 just happens to be the best offensive player in the league this season. 

Never forget the amount of people who said before the season (and probably are still saying it) that Baker > Lamar. 

Baker and Lamar will start the same number of Super Bowls.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

With Harbaugh announcing he's staying with Michigan, it looks like my Panthers are stuck with Rhule for another year. It was a pipedream, but I really thought we had a shot at excising that cancer from our organization. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait a year. Sadly, this means we have virtually no shot at bringing Cam back and do have a realistic chance of running it back with Darnold. May as well just skip to 2023.

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

17 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Well. They should look further into this and see if there are e-mails from Stephen Ross stating this. Otherwise no matter how much I think it is true, it’s ultimately a he said/he said situation. Only way you’ll force change is if there is irrefutable evidence. 

Knowing how well the average Boomer/Silent Generation person does with technological security, I don’t anticipate this being hard to find. 

I don't disagree that having actual documented correspondence would be ideal, but if more coaches and ex-coaches begin to share similar stories, it'll become too big to ignore. You'e already got Hue Jackson and Brian Flores. It's easy to dismiss one as he said/he said, but if more stories like this comes out it'll only empower more to follow. Then the league has a real problem on its hands. 

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't disagree that having actual documented correspondence would be ideal, but if more coaches and ex-coaches begin to share similar stories, it'll become too big to ignore. You'e already got Hue Jackson and Brian Flores. It's easy to dismiss one as he said/he said, but if more stories like this comes out it'll only empower more to follow. Then the league has a real problem on its hands. 

Hue Jackson walked back and clarified his comments late yesterday to say he was paid to tank due to the construction of the roster and how winning wasn't to be expected until year three of the four year plan.

36 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Hue Jackson walked back and clarified his comments late yesterday to say he was paid to tank due to the construction of the roster and how winning wasn't to be expected until year three of the four year plan.

I just saw that. It wasn't so much that he walked back the comments, but when asked about them directly on a national platform it became clear that his circumstance was nothing at all like Brian Flores'.  

In other words, there's a difference between being paid to tank (Flores) and being paid to lead an intentionally weak roster (Jackson).

• Like 2

Disclaimer: I'm usually the first to point out racism when I see it, but..

Some of these allegations made by Brian Flores kinda just comes off as sour grapes. Let's start with the Broncos and them not taking an interview with Flores serious. John Elway and crew showing up disheveled, possibly hungover (if he actually was) isn't racism. In fact, Elway and the Broncos had just hired Vance Joseph two years prior. I'm sure Flores might've felt slighted by the whole ordeal, I'm not taking that away from him. But from what been put out there form both sides, this isn't clear-cut racism as he may view it.

Also, the allegations in regards to that dipsh1t owner in Miami, while alarming, also not screaming "racism" to me. Stephen Ross wanted to lose games for a better pick and allegedly offered a bonus to Flores if the team took Ls. Yea, it's a very :censored:ty situation to be placed. But would Ross have asked any other coach to tank under the same circumstances? My gut says "probably".

The Giants allegation is the only one with some merit in regards to racism. As we know, when a team targets one specific coach from the get-go, they still go thru the motions, bring in a number of candidates, and "get that Rooney Rule interview out of the way." Now if NY offered the job to Daboll, verbally or in writing, before they interviewed a black candidate, then they really slipped up. All teams have likely done this, but they do it in the correct order, interviewing a minority before making the hire. Why Flores still went to that interview when he knew Daboll is somewhat puzzling, but that's honestly besides the point.

All this being said, I think we can all agree the Rooney Rule is so incredibly flawed. I honestly don't know what the NFL will be able to do to 'fix this', short of forcing teams to hire minority head coaches. Hopefully this lawsuit opens some eyes and progress is made down the road. Unfortunately, Flores, outside of rejoining back to Belichick's staff, will likely be blackballed for speaking up, which also speaks to racism amongst league owners and brass.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

There's also the thought that Black coaches get the hook sooner than white coaches. I'm sure there's data to back that up, and if you think about Jackson and Flores being given rosters and instructions to tank, it makes it that much harder for them to find that next job.

Why would the Giants care about a Dolphins instruction to lose if they can't prove it was or wasn't Flores who was responsible?

I think Flores had multiple really frisky Dolphins teams in spite of QB drama and instructions to lose. He probably deserved another shot and now he's not going to get it. Is that racism? Or is the better question, can you say it isn't?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I do feel bad for Flores, it looked like he finally got things to click with the team in Miami. 

IDK how far he'll get with the lawsuit. It's going to be hard for him to prove any racist intent, especially when it could just be a bad coincidence (finding their guy before the rooney rule). 

It does bring a fair point though that there probably are a lot of teams that view the rule more as a chore to be checked off than a serious interview.  

• Like 4

On 12/15/2021 at 8:19 PM, BBTV said:

I just hope they can fire him for cause and not let him sit on his pathetic bully ass and live in paradise with $12M/year for doing nothing.  They should find some way to force him to resign, or a 'mutual parting of ways' that doesn't result in him getting another dime.

Guarantee Doug Pederson is their coach in 2022.  He's the ultimate "reset".

Called it.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/29/2022 at 2:59 PM, GDAWG said:

So....Brady. Roethlisberger and (if he also announces his retirement, which he hasn't yet) Larry Fitzgerald in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2027?

Possibly Adrian Peterson as well.

• Like 3

Why does it say "Miami Dolphins" three times?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Why does it say "Miami Dolphins" three times?

I'm even more bothered that the spacing between each of them is not even.

It appears the new fad in Sports Social Media Design is to throw a bunch of stuff together. It looks like it took less than three minutes, but someone probably spent at least an hour making sure this graphic looked "perfect"

• Like 1