NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Does Peyton Manning have enough money/people to pull this off??

A: Did Peyton build up $4B in capital over his playing days?

Peyton will be bidding as a minority owner. He will also need pair up with Jeff Bezos if he wants a piece of the team. Nobody's outbidding Bezos if he's in on the Broncos.

6uXNWAo.png

36 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I'm not allowed to sell it, but if I lose it if I buy another team.

Dang. Well then count me in for buying the Broncos. 

First order of business is bringing back the Orange Crush uniforms full time.

14 minutes ago, Cujo said:

A: Did Peyton build up $4B in capital over his playing days?

Peyton will be bidding as a minority owner. He will also need pair up with Jeff Bezos if he wants a piece of the team. Nobody's outbidding Bezos if he's in on the Broncos.

spacer.png

• Like 4

spacer.png

Makes sense he’s staying in Big 10 14 country. Personally, I just don’t know what he’d bring to the table that Mike Zimmer didn’t but there’s plenty of opportunity for me to be proven wrong. Usually happens too, so I might as well wait and see. 

I thought the Browns were pretty clear about wanting to lose games for a season or two there. The problem is telling that out loud to Hue Jackson when he was perfectly able to put up 0-fers all on his own.

Also, laughing that all they got from that losing was Baker Mayfield.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

All the talk right now is about how Flores' lawsuit will bring new attention to the Rooney Rule, but I wonder whether all this talk of being compensated extra for losses might actually push the league to reform its draft structure. 

• Like 1

I think this may actually further expose long-embedded culture issues with the league itself.

Speaking of toxic cultures, the rumblin', bumblin', stumblin', fumblin' Jaguars are at it again:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/01/jaguars-interviewed-rick-spielman-for-front-office-job/

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

27 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

All the talk right now is about how Flores' lawsuit will bring new attention to the Rooney Rule, but I wonder whether all this talk of being compensated extra for losses might actually push the league to reform its draft structure. 

No the last thing we need is some convoluted version of a draft lottery. If a team wants to tank for a high draft pick let them. If they are stupid enough to tank they are stupid enough to draft a bust.

Holy :censored:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33200663/brian-flores-trust-was-lost-miami-dolphins-100k-per-loss-tanking-offer-owner-stephen-ross

Specifically pertaining to his time with the Dolphins, Flores, the team's former coach, said owner Stephen Ross explicitly offered him $100,000 for each loss the team suffered in 2019, in an attempt to strengthen the value of the Dolphins' NFL draft pick.

Flores was hired by Miami before the 2019 season, taking over a team that was expected to be one of the worst in the NFL that season. But he said Ross made an extraordinary effort to ensure that would be the case.

"That was a conversation about not doing as much as we needed to do in order to win football games," Flores said Wednesday in an interview with ESPN's Get Up. "Take a flight, go on vacation, I'll give you $100,000 per loss -- those were his exact words. I deal in truth, I tell the players this, as well. I'm gonna give you good news, bad news -- but it's going to be honest."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well. They should look further into this and see if there are e-mails from Stephen Ross stating this. Otherwise no matter how much I think it is true, it’s ultimately a he said/he said situation. Only way you’ll force change is if there is irrefutable evidence. 

Knowing how well the average Boomer/Silent Generation person does with technological security, I don’t anticipate this being hard to find. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I thought the Browns were pretty clear about wanting to lose games for a season or two there. The problem is telling that out loud to Hue Jackson when he was perfectly able to put up 0-fers all on his own.

Also, laughing that all they got from that losing was Baker Mayfield.

Reminder that Baker Mayfield was so bad this season he convinced everyone Odell was washed, the same Odell who is the WR2 on a Super Bowl team whose WR1 just happens to be the best offensive player in the league this season. 

Never forget the amount of people who said before the season (and probably are still saying it) that Baker > Lamar. 

• Like 2

spacer.png