NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

The Denver Broncos are up for sale.

I am not surprised about this news.  The Bowlen family never struck me as having a solid plan for moving on from patriarch Pat's death, so maybe the time has come to hand the keys to that franchise to an outsider ... and reap a possibly record-breaking purchase price in the process.

36 minutes ago, Walk-Off said:

The Denver Broncos are up for sale.

I am not surprised about this news.  The Bowlen family never struck me as having a solid plan for moving on from patriarch Pat's death, so maybe the time has come to hand the keys to that franchise to an outsider ... and reap a possibly record-breaking purchase price in the process.

Does Peyton Manning have enough money/people to pull this off??

(Side note; does dude do anything with/in/for Indianapolis anymore? I know he financed the building of a children's hospital when I lived there during his last few years, they got a [rather mundane looking] statue of him outside Lucas Oil, he and Reggie Miller basically made Indy into what it is now--and yet I never hear of/see him back there. Seems he's gotten quite cozy in Colorado--and I can't say I blame him, either.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 minutes ago, McCall said:

I've got $5. I'll double, nay, triple, my investment if we agree to move them to St. Louis.

I like the idea of moving the team,  but St. Louis had its chance twice now. I say we take a serious look at moving the Broncos to Hartford and naming them the Hartford Football Whalers Football Team and Canoe Club.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

Until Joe Montana gets jerked off by Mark Wahlberg and a teddy bear,  Tom > Joe.  I think that's a reasonable bar.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Until Joe Montana gets jerked off by Mark Wahlberg and a teddy bear,  Tom > Joe.  I think that's a reasonable bar.

While I do like the added wrinkle to the competition, I'd argue that Joe Montana not getting jerked off by Mark Wahlberg and a teddy bear makes Joe the clear winner here.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

What makes CCSLC great? Seeing these two posts in a row. Nobody does internettin' like we do, kids. 

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

4 minutes ago, tp49 said:
1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

I think Flores coaches again, just not in the NFL.  

If by not in the NFL you mean Pee Wee football then I'd agree.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

I think many knew that the "Rooney Rule" was flawed, but I honestly give props to Flores for being vocal about it. It'll probably cost him his coaching chances even though it shouldn't, but he's more qualified than most of the recent hires. I can see what that "power struggle" between him and Stephen Ross was about (paying the dude to throw games? lol). Not a good look for the Dolphins... and not a good look for the league as a whole.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Brady couldn't get past Nick Foles. We'll call it even.

Also, Hostetler had nothing to do with it. This is what Joe Montana couldn't get past.

1.  Harry Kalas 😥

2.  That's the music that WWE dubs over Sirius for old Ricky Steamboat matches.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Tom Brady did the honors just like in professional wrestling: he put his opponent over on the way out.

I hope Bret Hart was watching.

#BretScrewedBret