NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

23 hours ago, Cujo said:

Yes. Plus, I'd imagine Von would take a 'hometown deal' if they had a Rodgers or Russ signed up

Von Miller returning to Denver is SO on the radar now. 🎯

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

10 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If Seattle ends up with Tom Brady? Sure, this was worth it.

Also, Seattle isn't going to end up with Tom Brady. And if they do, I'll eat my hat.

If Brady comes back, it will be Tampa as he's under contract with them, although somehow Mike Florio thinks he'll be in San Francisco if he returns.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

It's September, and Seattle calls Tampa: "So Jason Licht and Bruce Arians, what will it take for us to get Tommy and bring him out of retirement?"

Also:

Pain. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

28 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If Seattle ends up with Tom Brady? Sure, this was worth it.

Also, Seattle isn't going to end up with Tom Brady. And if they do, I'll eat my hat.

I know it's a figure of speech, but what kind of hat just in case this does happen?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BryanSmalls said:

I know it's a figure of speech, but what kind of hat just in case this does happen?

I have a handful of '47 brand Clean Up- style hats. Options include Hartford Whalers, Montreal Expos, LA Lakers, Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres.

You choose!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Two interesting tidbits from the ESPN article:

The Seahawks are scheduled to play a home game against the Broncos next season

and…

Wilson beat the Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII and will become the first quarterback to start for a team they beat in the Super Bowl, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2022 at 4:01 PM, DCarp1231 said:

NFL: Embraces sports betting sites

Also NFL when a player starts betting on games:

spacer.png

21 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Am I the only one that finds this a bit hypocritical on the NFL's part since they've gone so heavy promoting gambling sites like Draftkings? 

A year also seems a bit extreme since he wasn't even on the team. If he was actively playing, that would be a different story. 

I just don't think betting on your team should warrant a harsher punishment that...say...elbow dropping a player in the back of the head. 

The NFL also has beer & liquor partnerships, but that doesn't mean players are allowed to show up to practice hammered. If players are in Vegas playing the Raiders, they're allowed to play a few hands of blackjack, so it's not like they can never gamble.

Players not being allowed to bet on games is no different than insider trading being illegal. You still have to maintain integrity.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Apparently the Seahawks never intended to trade Wilson within the NFC.

Smart move on their part to trade into AFC

The NFC West is playing the AFC West this season, so they'll be seeing him again fairly soon.

• Like 3

Seattle did good inasmuch as they got more in return than what Russ is worth at this point imo, but they also just traded away the only thing keeping them relevant. The difference between a less-than-100% Russ and any other option was massive last year and will be even more massive this year, with Russ back to full health and a subpar (from what I understand) QB draft class. 

We’ve been saying the Broncos were a QB away for 2 years now. Time for them to back it up. 

• Like 4

spacer.png

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

How the :censored: are you this bad at drafting.... no wonder the Rams said :censored: them first round picks.

From what I remember, they often just traded down out of the first round. When they did keep their pick, it was on guys that weren't really 1st round caliber. An example would be when they drafted Rashaad Penny...  they had two other RBs that were playing the season beforehand relatively well (it was Thomas Rawls and Chris Carson, right?) and I just thought to myself, "What the hell?"

I forgot to mention... The only teams Wilson has never beaten are the Seahawks (of course) and the Chargers. That could change next season and put him in a legendary group of QBs (Favre, Manning, Brees, Brady) to accomplish this feat.

• Like 1

I'm fine with the Broncos just trying to bring in vets at QB to try and win immediately. Plus I don't trust them with drafting QB's after Tim Tebow, Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch and Drew Lock.

So Green Bay decides to stick with 4 more years of playoff futility (and making that Jordan Love pick all the more moronic). 

And Denver decides to trade for the QB the absolutely humiliated them in the Super Bowl. 

Can't really complain about either one. 

Time to see if the Broncos really are ready, but in a division with Mahomes, that's a tall order even with Wilson. 

• Like 1