NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

11 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Or take the Eli & Marino route and be arrogant enough  demand a trade to a better team when you're drafted.  

I think you're confusing Marino with John Elway. He was drafted by the Colts and refused to play for 'em.

spacer.png

So Pat McAfee had Aaron Rodgers on his Draft show.  Aaron wasn't too upset at the Packers draft (the pick of Devonte Wyatt occurred during his interview) and he mentioned a lot of his favorite Wide Receivers were 2nd and 3rd round picks.  He said that he had hoped Devante Adams was going to stay, but said that he wishes Devante the best of luck with the Raiders.

Travis Kelce was in attendance on ABC's coverage and was more than thrilled at the two Chiefs draft pick and reacted live to George Karlaftis.  

8 hours ago, tBBP said:

That explains it...in four years of living there I never bothered to go down there--then again, I never had a reason to, either...but I've probably walked/driven over it several dozen times in that time. 

As for the stadium series thing...I ain't the resident hockeyhead around here, so I don't know what they'd require 😆

I've lived here for a couple years too and I made a specific point to find the tunnel once I heard about it just because they talk about a "secret tunnel from the stadium to the Ollidy Inn" in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (in reference to the Phillies stadium) so I now think any tunnel to any stadium is hilarious by association.

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

4 minutes ago, heavybass said:

5 members of Georgia's awesome defense gets drafted... most in the history of the draft defense side.

Should’ve been six*. Nakobe Dean falling to round two is crazy.

* well, five was probably right, but I can’t believe Travon Walker got called up before any other UGA defender, let alone every other player. But get that bag, fella. Go Dawgs. 

PJU85JF.png

1 hour ago, alxy8s said:

* well, five was probably right, but I can’t believe Travon Walker got called up before any other UGA defender, let alone every other player. But get that bag, fella. Go Dawgs. 

Could have been seven if Nakobe didn’t slide to the second round and if Jermaine Johnson didn’t transfer to FSU.

7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Commensurate with that...

Now I'm not sure how to feel about this one. On the one hand, AJB wanted his bag, and understandably so. (He wanted a long-term deal, as I understand it, and wasn't willing to do an extension.) From the business side, I suppose Tennessee wasn't willing to pony up what Philly did, so the business of replacing veteran talent with rookie replacements showed up and well, bye-bye AJ--who, might I add, was really the only consistent weapon Tennessee had on offense all year. (And even he missed some time due to injury.)

Well...perhaps Tennessee's defense may cns run it back, but we'll have to see how Treylon Burks develops. I saw some of him last year and he looks pretty good--but that's a gamble of a risk on incoming draftees versus proven veteran. My immediate thought is that Tennessee ain't getting back to the AFC title game anytime soon...but furthermore, what does all this mean for Derrick Henry going forward? I mean, that's a big boy...but they better he careful about running him into the ground while letting Burks develop. (That's another reason they should have kept D'Onta Foreman, to spell Henry for a while...but oh well.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So do Seattle, Carolina, Atlanta and maybe Detroit and New Orleans go for Malik Willis and Matt Corral tomorrow?  Or do they call Cleveland and ask for Baker Mayfield? 

I'd say it's likely that they go to Seattle and Carolina. Atlanta is probably betting on being so bad they can pick between Stroud and Young next year. 

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Commensurate with that...

Now I'm not sure how to feel about this one. On the one hand, AJB wanted his bag, and understandably so. (He wanted a long-term deal, as I understand it, and wasn't willing to do an extension.)

I think seeing that they could grab Burns from Arkansas, who is similar in size and would be way less expensive is what got them to move Brown. Brown has had injury problems too, so better to get someone in with less wear and tear and probably a bit more speed at this point too. 

9 hours ago, alxy8s said:

Is there something going on behind the scenes about him? I was surprised he's still on the board. 

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I would bet anything these "random" fan shots from the crowd at the draft are plants.  Way too many pretty young people in expensive fan gear.

9 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

This draft was seriously crazy, and not because of the players drafted. 

Is it me, or did the NFL decide they have to squeeze in every bit of nonsense into the draft this year? I'm fine with having fans and old team players making picks, but that Tony Gonzalez/Austin Ekeler intro for Amazon Prime Thursday nights, at the Raiders home stadium no less, was just annoying. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png