NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

38 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Remember that time the league decided to put the Super Bowl outside at MetLife?

I think the NFL learned that unless the stadium is in Florida or California, there’s zero chance an outdoor Super Bowl happens.

Yup! Because God forbid they play in Cleveland. Though it would be nice to see Super Bowls played with actual fans in the stands instead of screenshots of whoever's new show follows the game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Remember that time the league decided to put the Super Bowl outside at MetLife?

I think the NFL learned that unless the stadium is in Florida or California, there’s zero chance an outdoor Super Bowl happens.

The weather for that game when the Seahawks beat the Broncos wasn't that cold.

When Buffalo gets their new stadium, whenever that is, the league has to be true to their words in awarding teams with a new stadium the big game.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 2:15 PM, throwuascenario said:

Still, that's so not worth building an indoor stadium for. Let alone the fact that they don't need a new stadium at all.

Setting aside the question of whether they even need a stadium, I don't think it's that outlandish for them to pursue an indoor venue. 

I'd venture a guess that Nashville, being the destination that it is, sees this venue as being one more arrow in its quiver to attract major conventions and other events to the city, not unlike what Lucas Oil Stadium is to Indianapolis. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gothedistance said:

When Buffalo gets their new stadium, whenever that is, the league has to be true to their words in awarding teams with a new stadium the big game.

We already know that's a lie since Foxboro has never hosted a Super Bowl.

On 4/25/2022 at 3:24 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Unless they move to the CFL model and pass the games around the whole league I can see Nashville getting a game every 8-10 years. Unless Kansas City also gets a dome, I can't see the NFL playing a game there any time soon.  Dallas, Miami, Los Angeles, Santa Clara, Minneapolis, Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Phoenix and Indianapolis are pretty much it for hosting the Super Bowl right now.  That stadium will be expected to last at least 25-35 years when it's complete. 

Pretty sure the league has said that the games will rotate between LA, Vegas, Miami, Arizona, and New Orleans for the most part. Once in a while they'll throw a bone to a team with a new stadium, but those will just be one-offs. Minneapolis got to host, but that's not happening again. Tennessee should be able to get one, but they're not going to be part of the regular rotation.

On 4/26/2022 at 2:56 AM, gothedistance said:

The weather for that game when the Seahawks beat the Broncos wasn't that cold.

There is 0 chance that they ever have an outdoor Super Bowl in Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Pretty sure the league has said that the games will rotate between LA, Vegas, Miami, Arizona, and New Orleans for the most part.

Rotating games between four owners doesn't tend to go over well when other stadiums are capable of coping.  The league likes showing off all the pretty stadiums when they come on line so I'd be surprised to see Nashville, Atlanta and Minneapolis not get more games. Cities have a say too and having to give up blocks of hotels and city space every other year gets old pretty quick. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Rotating games between four owners doesn't tend to go over well when other stadiums are capable of coping.  The league likes showing off all the pretty stadiums when they come on line so I'd be surprised to see Nashville, Atlanta and Minneapolis not get more games. Cities have a say too and having to give up blocks of hotels and city space every other year gets old pretty quick. 

I'm pretty sure the host team/owner don't get any of the revenue from the Super Bowl. Minneapolis went fine, but I don't think the sponsors/media members loved spending a February weekend in Minnesota instead of Florida/Arizona/California. Detroit got their Super Bowl at Ford Field, and I don't see that happening again.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, gosioux76 said:

Setting aside the question of whether they even need a stadium, I don't think it's that outlandish for them to pursue an indoor venue. 

I'd venture a guess that Nashville, being the destination that it is, sees this venue as being one more arrow in its quiver to attract major conventions and other events to the city, not unlike what Lucas Oil Stadium is to Indianapolis. 

I don't know much about Nashville, but I've been there once. It didn't seem to me that they had a convention center on the stadium side of the river. Indy has the stadium directly connected to the convention center and hotels through tunnels/skywalks , which I'd imagine is a big deal in the convention world.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

9 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

I don't know much about Nashville, but I've been there once. It didn't seem to me that they had a convention center on the stadium side of the river. Indy has the stadium directly connected to the convention center and hotels through tunnels/skywalks , which I'd imagine is a big deal in the convention world.

You're probably thinking of the former Hoosier Dome/RCA Dome...Lucas Oil isn't connected to anything (unless they've built a new skywalk inside the last calendar year or two I'm unaware of). 

Back to Nashville....by now it shouldn't be any big secret that for years it's been positioning itself as an (if not THE) entertainment mecca, between sports and music. This new stadium would only help that out; as some have said, the allure of a new football stadium (not that Bridgestone Arena couldn't accommodate this--but but big brand new shiny objects and such!) would also rope in other concerts, Final Fours, maybe some future Stadium Series games, and who knows what else. (Of course, it'd have to be enclosed for all that to really be a possibility.) 

And all that as several suitors in/from/living in the city are also in the midst of trying to draw major league baseball to town, in pretty much the same area as the current Nissan Stadium now--never mind the AAA Sounds team that just got a $60M new stadium built over by Germantown a few years back. Or NSC's soon-to-be new venue down toward Wedgewood...jus' sayin'.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

You're probably thinking of the former Hoosier Dome/RCA Dome...Lucas Oil isn't connected to anything (unless they've built a new skywalk inside the last calendar year or two I'm unaware of). 

Back to Nashville....by now it shouldn't be any big secret that for years it's been positioning itself as an (if not THE) entertainment mecca, between sports and music. This new stadium would only help that out; as some have said, the allure of a new football stadium (not that Bridgestone Arena couldn't accommodate this--but but big brand new shiny objects and such!) would also rope in other concerts, Final Fours, maybe some future Stadium Series games, and who knows what else. (Of course, it'd have to be enclosed for all that to really be a possibility.) 

And all that as several suitors in/from/living in the city are also in the midst of trying to draw major league baseball to town, in pretty much the same area as the current Nissan Stadium now--never mind the AAA Sounds team that just got a $60M new stadium built over by Germantown a few years back. Or NSC's soon-to-be new venue down toward Wedgewood...jus' sayin'.

Lucas Oil Stadium has had a tunnel connecting it to the convention center for about 10 years now. I know because I've been in it. It just isn't obvious from pictures because it's underground. Fun fact: if your house has a garage that you park in, you could go from your living room to your seats at a Colts game without ever stepping outside. The Circle Center mall has an underground parking garage that connects to the convention center through skywalks and then to the stadium through the aforementioned tunnel.

Also, wouldn't an indoor stadium be less likely to get a stadium series game? Doesn't that defeat the entire point?

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

3 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Lucas Oil Stadium has had a tunnel connecting it to the convention center for about 10 years now. I know because I've been in it. It just isn't obvious from pictures because it's underground. Fun fact: if your house has a garage that you park in, you could go from your living room to your seats at a Colts game without ever stepping outside. The Circle Center mall has an underground parking garage that connects to the convention center through skywalks and then to the stadium through the aforementioned tunnel.

Also, wouldn't an indoor stadium be less likely to get a stadium series game? Doesn't that defeat the entire point?

That explains it...in four years of living there I never bothered to go down there--then again, I never had a reason to, either...but I've probably walked/driven over it several dozen times in that time. 

As for the stadium series thing...I ain't the resident hockeyhead around here, so I don't know what they'd require 😆

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Jacksonville Jaguars, everybody!

What a terrible pick. 

None of these guys would be the top 3 picks in, like, any other draft. Not sure Walker should've gone first round, even. 

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

It's the Jags, it would be a shock if they made a good pick. 

Same can be said of the Lions. 

They aren't serious football teams. 

If you're drafted by one of those teams, you're best hope is that you play well enough to get traded to a serious team in a few years. 

Or take the Eli & Marino route and be arrogant enough  demand a trade to a better team when you're drafted.