NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what this could mean for the Panthers, Rock Hill SC, David Tepper or public relations/perception, but this happened...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/panthers-practice-facility-dead-chapter-035555937.html

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not being taken in round one could be a good thing for Desmond Ridder, Malik Willis, Matt Corral and Sam Howell.  First, the Falcons, Titans, Panthers and Commanders don't have to play them right away and they can sit for a while.  Second, all four are in right situations for their NFL careers.  Out of the four, I think Ridder and Corral will get a few starts in 2022 because the QB's ahead of them (Marcus Mariota in Atlanta and Sam Darnold in Carolina) are terrible.  I can't see Howell playing at all as a rookie, despite the fact that Carson Wentz and Taylor Heineke are mediocre.  Ryan Tannehill is good, but if that playoff game against the Bengals is a sign of things to come, we might see Willis get a few starts in 2022, unless for some reason they play Logan Woodside. 

With the QB Class of 2023 reportedly very deep, the 2023 offseason at the QB position might be even more interesting than in 2022.   I don't see both TB12 and AR12 retiring, as I expect either one of them or both will continue playing.  No way that Rodgers retires in the same offseason Brady does, because I can't see Rodgers Hall of Fame induction being overshadowed by Brady.    Brady will be a free agent in 2023, but so are Baker Mayfield, Gardner Minshew and Jimmy G and most notably: Lamar Jackson.  There's not a chance I don't think the Ravens let Lamar leave.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, heavybass said:

The Denver Broncos are now nicknamed the Walmart Broncos... they have found the prefered buyer in Rob Walton and he'll be buying them for 4.5 billion dollars as reported by Forbes.

Stephen A Smith to go on an epic rant about no black owners in the NFL soon.

• WOAH 1
  • Yawn 1

13 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Stephen A Smith to go on an epic rant about no black owners in the NFL soon.

Is that a problem?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

46 minutes ago, heavybass said:

The Denver Broncos are now nicknamed the Walmart Broncos... they have found the prefered buyer in Rob Walton and he'll be buying them for 4.5 billion dollars as reported by Forbes.

I'll predict that this isn't entirely true, and that the final bid goes over $5B

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, heavybass said:

If that's true... can you imagine the next game between the Broncos and Rams? 

(EDIT: OMG! they play on Christmas day! LOL)

I saw, I came, I left.

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is that a problem?

Nope.  He should rant about it.  The other day he praised the NBA for having half of their head coaches being African American, although he wants more African Americans in the front office and ownership in the NBA.  

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

54 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Nope.  He should rant about it.  The other day he praised the NBA for having half of their head coaches being African American, although he wants more African Americans in the front office and ownership in the NBA.  

His ranting is focused at the wrong thing though. It’s not the NFL’s fault there are no black owners. It’s the world economy’s fault for having no black multi-billionaires out there who are really the only people who can afford an NFL team. Jordan and Lebron, and tiger woods are really the only outliers and they don’t have any desire to own an NFL team. 

34 minutes ago, dont care said:

His ranting is focused at the wrong thing though. It’s not the NFL’s fault there are no black owners. It’s the world economy’s fault for having no black multi-billionaires out there who are really the only people who can afford an NFL team. Jordan and Lebron, and tiger woods are really the only outliers and they don’t have any desire to own an NFL team. 

(https://www.ajc.com/life/celebrities/forbes-these-are-the-worlds-15-black-billionaires/PRWODTCBXNHZLLSQTZOHU5Y3B4/)

• Jay-Z
  • Rihanna
  • Tyler Perry
  • MJ
  • Kanye West
  • Oprah Winfrey
  • David Stewart (Verizon)

And those are in America.  The problem is the want, not the capability. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

(https://www.ajc.com/life/celebrities/forbes-these-are-the-worlds-15-black-billionaires/PRWODTCBXNHZLLSQTZOHU5Y3B4/)

• Jay-Z
  • Rihanna
  • Tyler Perry
  • MJ
  • Kanye West
  • Oprah Winfrey

Even still David Stewart has a net worth of 3.7 billion, the broncos which are about average in terms of worth are selling for 4.5 billion. They would need to be apart of an ownership group if they had any desire to own an NFL team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

• Jay-Z
  • Rihanna
  • Tyler Perry
  • MJ
  • Kanye West
  • Oprah Winfrey

There's also Robert Smith, but he's more focused on social justice than anything else.  However, these might be the names the NBA is pushing for if any of their teams are going to be for sale and MJ already owns the Hornets.  At one point Jay Z did own a part of the Nets.  The Trailblazers may not be the only NBA team for sale in the next few years (probably to Phil Knight and one of the Dodgers owners).  It will be interesting to see how much longer Gayle Benson owns the Saints and Pelicans,

• Like 2

I know all of the Browns’ failures over the last *checks watch* 23 years should make them a sympathetic figure, but handing a dude with a, shall we say, checkered past over 200 million smackaroos in guaranteed money basically takes any goodwill they had and burns it to a crisp. They alienated the first not-garbage QB they had in literally 2 decades for this. They deserve every bit of pain that’s coming their way over the next year plus. 

• Like 7

spacer.png