NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

23 minutes ago, TruColor said:

No helmet stripes on those Salute to Service helmets however...I'm wondering if these are legit.

Stripes are there on these first run prototypes (and before anyone says anything...throwback helmets shown are part of Riddell's throwback retail collection, with full size already being sold and minis coming in the next few months). 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This website direly needs a bold print disclaimer against posting pictures of helmets you found under the impression they could potentially be new/alternates for some NFL team without first checking to make sure it isn’t just some retail-only recolor model for putting on a shelf in your home office that all 31 other teams have a version of. I don’t believe that any helmet has ever leaked the way that some think they would through these found images of retail-only recolors.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Froob said:

There any real reason to believe there will be a Cards rebrand other than blind hope?

Personally, no. I think we would have heard by now about them rebranding. Last year the Bengals announced their rebrand during the playoffs. Same thing with Washington this offseason (who have even already implemented it.) I just think if we were getting it from the Cardinals this offseason, we'd already know. 

23 hours ago, darthjocan said:

Personally, no. I think we would have heard by now about them rebranding. Last year the Bengals announced their rebrand during the playoffs. Same thing with Washington this offseason (who have even already implemented it.) I just think if we were getting it from the Cardinals this offseason, we'd already know. 

True enough, and I'd tend to agree.  However, keep in mind the year before, when we had half a dozen changes, at least a few were still under wraps until mid March IIRC.

• Like 2

Never forget that it was Warren Sapp who broke the Bucs tragic redesign back in 14 or 15, and we had heard nothing about it till days before. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Never forget that it was Warren Sapp who broke the Bucs tragic redesign back in 14 or 15, and we had heard nothing about it till days before. 

EIGHT YEARS TO THE DAY.

😬

• Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

On 2/17/2022 at 5:57 PM, darthjocan said:

Sure some are, but then there are others like the buccaneers who we didn’t know about until Warren Sapp showed up NFL total access with a new helmet a week before the unveil.

Eagles changes. Just change the color to a "real" green instead of the greenish with hints of blue that they have now. 

Cardinals. Keep it simple and please stop with the mockups that try to make them either look like one step away from being the 49ers or the Bucs. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, selgy said:

Eagles changes. Just change the color to a "real" green instead of the greenish with hints of blue that they have now. 

Cardinals. Keep it simple and please stop with the mockups that try to make them either look like one step away from being the 49ers or the Bucs. 

What mock-ups have you seen that make them look like the 9ers or bucs? For one they don’t have gold or pewter in them, and 2 if you mean just having classic red dominant uniforms sure but there are plenty of ways to differentiate using minor details, but the main one being they don’t share any secondary colors. 

For those that can’t wait for the Cardinals to get an overhaul, be careful what you wish for. If/when they do, there is a 10% chance they just clean up the ugly striping and revert to a clean classic uniform, but a 90% chance they turn into a red, black, and gray/silver/chrome version of Oregon. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Fjm said:

For those that can’t wait for the Cardinals to get an overhaul, be careful what you wish for. If/when they do, there is a 10% chance they just clean up the ugly striping and revert to a clean classic uniform, but a 90% chance they turn into a red, black, and gray/silver/chrome version of Oregon. 

Nike is in a major down cycle too with the Commanders silliness, the inability to let go of COLOR RUSH!!!1!, their bad designs of late in soccer, and the downright terrible Olympic hockey jerseys.

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins