NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

50 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I wouldn't say large gap. Wordmarks usually end up on helmets (front and rear bumpers) and then they're incredibly important for end zones (especially for the Super Bowl), though 30-40 years ago it really wasn't the case - a number of teams had end zones that had nothing to do with their wordmarks. 

that’s all true, so I guess “important” is subjective. I hardly notice the helmet bumpers, and I don’t really focus much on the end zones (except when they look terrible in the super bowl like the Eagles did a few years ago).  So you’re right that they’re still very visible, but just to me, not in a way that really affects the visual identity of the team too much. 

the Steelers, Patriots (the cursive style from the 90s-00s), Packers, and I guess now the 49ers have “important” word marks that would (or did) have a negative impact if/when changed. Maybe some other team that I’m missing. But I’m not sure how many others do. I’m sure I’m missing a couple. 

the Eagles 80s word mark would fall under that category, but it ain’t coming back so I just have to accept it. 

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Something that was perhaps missed in the Saints reveal that really really bothers me.

It's 2022 and the Saints STILL cannot, for the life of them, get their gold tones to match across the uniform.

I get it...metallics are difficult to match...but we have seen other colleges and pro teams match or get metallics to a decent matching level. 

• Like 6

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

2 hours ago, bowld said:

Saw on the Madden 23 beta that the Commanders have 4 pant options. 

Black, white, maroon and yellow

Adding gold pants would be a more than welcomed addition, even if it just amounts to lipstick on a pig.

• Like 5

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

13 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

They are trying to evoke the 80's wordmark with the wierd curves in the E's. The execution is horrible, but I see where they're coming from. 

4641.png

6w4MyPI.png

i don’t see any of the 80s version in the new one. If anything there was more of it in the previous one. 

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Um...

spacer.png

I'm assuming you posted this as some indication of the Rams going with a black uni, But I'm trying to figure out why the cap has LAC on it. Am I missing something? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm assuming you posted this as some indication of the Rams going with a black uni, But I'm trying to figure out why the cap has LAC on it. Am I missing something? 

LAC = LA Chargers

LAR = LA Rams

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Los Angeles, California I would guess. I imagine lots of sports fans minds go immediately to the Clippers, given they've centered their brand on the LAC acronym. 

• Like 6

No I posted it because of the LAC.  I immediately thought of Clippers.

Looks like a $15 liquor store hat.

I mean....all of the people this has to go through (manufacturing, photo, website, etc), nobody steps up and says "is this wrong?"  Maybe it isn't.

• Like 5

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

19 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Um...

spacer.png

These hats are on NFL Shop and the exact same colors and style are also offered for the Raiders, Niners, Dolphins, Buccaneers and Chargers.

Trying to sight a retail hat as evidence of a team introducing a black uniform is a stretch to say the very least.

There are all black hats for almost every team on NFL shop

2 minutes ago, canzman said:

These hats are on NFL Shop and the exact same colors and style are also offered for the Raiders, Niners, Dolphins, Buccaneers and Chargers.

Trying to sight a retail hat as evidence of a team introducing a black uniform is a stretch to say the very least.

There are all black hats for almost every team on NFL shop

I think the biggest question is why does the Rams hat say LAC...

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

There's also the other version of the now former wordmark that went out of vogue a good couple years back...

f728131df4d1838c1beed45f2518b48a.jpg

It'd take some doing, but I believe they could probably fashion a script mark out from this that even if ever so slightly evokes a bird at flight....

I think if they had just flattened this and removed the 3D shadowing thing they would have been fine.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Yes, I get that. But the question is why does it say LAC on a hat with the Rams logo. 

Odds are it was probably a incomplete photoshop job and whomever did it wasn't thinking that the C needed replaced when they replaced the bolt logo with the ram head.

15 hours ago, bowld said:

Saw on the Madden 23 beta that the Commanders have 4 pant options. 

Black, white, maroon and yellow

Yellow? Is that an Indigenous Persons throwback? Maybe a Football Team throwback? Or did they ever wear yellow pants as WFT? 

I suppose they could’ve added a yellow pant at the last minute after not including them in the reveal. That sounds like something a Snyder-owned outfit would do. 

21 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

Something that was perhaps missed in the Saints reveal that really really bothers me.

It's 2022 and the Saints STILL cannot, for the life of them, get their gold tones to match across the uniform.

I get it...metallics are difficult to match...but we have seen other colleges and pro teams match or get metallics to a decent matching level. 

I was really hoping that the Saints would finally fix all the mis matching golds, change the black jersey to Archie Manning era one and maybe a 1969 preseason black helmet. INSTEAD they might just be teasing us with a full blown NIKE reboot with this new louis vuitton helmet.  

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The Saints helmet is a pure debacle.  No way around it.  They've ruined one of the best Alternate uniforms in the league, and the team's best look.  Should be a fireable offense.

Eagles wordmark is boring & safe, but perhaps an upgrade over their dated 90's mark...but it doesn't make a lot of sense for this to be their sole update.   

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 12:28 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

They are trying to evoke the 80's wordmark with the wierd curves in the E's. The execution is horrible, but I see where they're coming from. 

4641.png

6w4MyPI.png

Other than both saying “EAGLES” and being the same color here I don’t see any similarity.

• Like 5

There’s two ways to look at the commanders possible yellow pants 1) using madden as a guide can be wrong. See bears orange pants. 2) they could be an add on like the browns orange pants…which happened to not be available for the reveal and probably had nothing to do with fan outcry 😂

• Like 2
KISSwall09.jpg