NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

I wouldn’t necessarily endorse a black-out look for every team, but the Panthers are a team that is basically begging to have one, and I like how it turned out. It bugs me that the made the logo’s eyes and teeth blue for some reason, mismatching with the sleeve logo & the rest of the identity, but I can live with it. Of course, I would have loved to see a blue helmet, too, in which case I would drop silver from the identity entirely. I think the Panthers could use a little bit of a refresh overall, but this is a step in the right direction nonetheless.

As for the Giants, it’s fine, I guess. I think that uniform was better left in the past, personally, as I much prefer their 2000’s look with gray included. Make the away numbers blue & add the red Northwestern stripes on the blue jersey, and to me that’s the perfect Giants set. They wouldn’t really need anything beyond that, especially not these extra pants & throwback options.

• Like 1

That is... not Washington's alternate uniform. Unless they're just using the all-red instead of the black for some reason I guess, but this is a really strange group of uniforms. Two throwbacks this year, one home uniform this year, and throwback we haven't seen yet that doesn't come out til next year.

• Like 5

On 7/19/2022 at 3:47 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, sure, the idea of idea of an alternate helmet, as a basic concept, doesn't have to suck... I'm just of the opinion that the reality of it is that it will.  Take the NBA... having extra uniforms mixed in, if done carefully, with restraint and a firm eye on tradition, could be interesting. But the reality of it? Absolute nightmare.

Am I wrong, or is the NFL already not enforcing any rules about when you can wear an alt helmet? The Bengals' alt jersey is orange, and they've already stated they wearing an all white uniform.  The Panthers' alt is blue, and they're posting images of their alt helmet worn with the black.

As you say, teams will definitely screw this up. They're doing so already. The question is, will the one or two interesting new combinations be worth all the mess that will... hell, already is, coming with it. 

As for all those cool throwbacks. IMO, only the Patriots and the Buccaneers have throwbacks in the closet that are worth being alternate looks. Every other team that will take advantage of the alternate throwback helmet... Falcons, Eagles, Broncos... would be much better served by dropping the current crap looks and bringing versions of those helmets back permanently.

To be fair, it’s not just alternates they can be worn with and is also their color rush. It was never stated just alternate or throwback.

Just now, dont care said:

Daniel jones can actually see the field for more than 4 games a season

Saquon playing 1 quarter of football >>> Daniel Jones' entire career

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png

42 minutes ago, dont care said:

To be fair, it’s not just alternates they can be worn with and is also their color rush. It was never stated just alternate or throwback.

The Panther's all black isn't their colors rush.

spacer.png

And as for the Bengals, since the uniform change they haven't had an official color rush.  The all-white was just one of their normal road choices.

spacer.png

I’m shocked to see so many Giants fans favoring the throwback (80s 90s uniforms) over they’re currents. In my opinion they’re current helmets in particular are vastly superior in design and color. I mean hell the blue in the helmet doesn’t even match the jersey color. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Ehhhhh

The memo posted in this tweet has rules listed, and in it, they specify which jerseys are supposed to be worn with the alt helmets. But it’s looking like this original guidance may not be strictly enforced. 

We might a lot more unveils this week as all alt helmets have to be fitted during training camp at the same time as standard helmets. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

29 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

I’m shocked to see so many Giants fans favoring the throwback (80s 90s uniforms) over they’re currents. In my opinion they’re current helmets in particular are vastly superior in design and color. I mean hell the blue in the helmet doesn’t even match the jersey color. 

I think it’s a generational thing strong in nostalgia…if you grew up in the 80s with those Giants teams and remember the classic battles with the 49ers and Cowboys, and the number of MNF games with Frank, Al, and Dan, there’s probably a soft spot for these Giants unis. The mismatching helmets clearly aren’t a big deal to those that like this throwback. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

Colors are better but GIANTS > ny. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Never been a fan of the LT era Giants uniforms. With that said I hope we can see the "classic" white pants worn with the current helmet and blue jerseys.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

10 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I've always felt the Giants since 2005 pulled that off magnificently despite using the same helmet and pants for both sets.

Actually, they used two different sets of grey pants home & away (but did tend to wear the away grey pants with the home blue jersey whenever on the road at Dallas) up through the 2011 season, before ditching the home versions — which were essentially the same ones from during the 2000–2004 years (coincidentally worn both at home and on the road during said era).