NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

38 minutes ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

Actually, they used two different sets of grey pants home & away (but did tend to wear the away grey pants with the home blue jersey whenever on the road at Dallas) up through the 2011 season, before ditching the home versions — which were essentially the same ones from during the 2000–2004 years (coincidentally worn both at home and on the road during said era).

Yes I know, I paired it down for simplicity.

Also I just really like the 2005 away grey pants with the blue jerseys over the 2000-2004 pants.

15 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Put me in the camp that likes the ny Giants helmets. My problem lately is that they should always wear the grey pants. The white pants just don't look nearly as good.

Their grey facemask now looks soooo out of place without the gray pants.

To add, these road unis were easily the NY Giants' best set.

Shutterstock_398492i.jpg

• Like 16

6uXNWAo.png

10 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Shutterstock_398492i.jpg

Now that's a hell of a uniform matchup. We'll never see it again for what I would argue are very good reasons, but damn.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Out of all the games the Giants want to wear a throwback in, why did they pick the Commanders? Did the Giants forget that Washington changed it's name and uniforms? The Commanders are going to ruin the vibe.

It was a given that at least one of the 2 throwback games would be against an NFC East division rival. On paper Washington is the NFC East opponent they are most likely to beat. Winning in the throwbacks is far more important than how the other team's uniforms effects the vibe. 

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

With the reveal of the Giants throwback helmet, it begs the question-

Why couldn’t the Bengals have gone with a script throwback helmet instead of this poorly teased and absolutely horrendous white tiger helmet?

Because they didn’t have a throwback waiting to pair it with. The giants were going to come out with this uniform anyways just with the regular helmet if the 2 helmet rule didn’t come out. The bengals would have needed to start the process 2 years ago to get the approval to wear throwbacks this year which makes no sense because the 1 helmet rule was still in effect.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NH4 said:

Cowboys officially go traditional for thanksgiving 

It was only a matter of time, right? Wish they would've unveiled it sooner so it didn't seem like we were jumping on a trend, but I'm glad it's back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

Shutterstock_398492i.jpg

It looked even better with red socks IMO spacer.png

• Like 6

Watch Katt Williams: Woke Foke | Netflix Official Site

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

With the reveal of the Giants throwback helmet, it begs the question-

Why couldn’t the Bengals have gone with a script throwback helmet instead of this poorly teased and absolutely horrendous white tiger helmet?

The what?

Poorly teased, yes, but it looks great. And the script Bengals helmet is in fact bad.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, daniel75 said:

I’m shocked to see so many Giants fans favoring the throwback (80s 90s uniforms) over they’re currents. In my opinion they’re current helmets in particular are vastly superior in design and color. I mean hell the blue in the helmet doesn’t even match the jersey color. 

It's not supposed to. It's also when the Giants were one of the best teams in the league, that's why it's so well liked above the current uniform which is also a throwback set. 

14 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Colors are better but GIANTS > ny. 

Agreed

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, NH4 said:

Cowboys officially go traditional for thanksgiving 

Good use of a throwback! 

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

Shutterstock_398492i.jpg

Just throw the current stripes on the sleeve and you're all set.  I could also be cool with a blue-red-blue Northwestern stripe as well.

The good thing about the Giants is that they basically only have good uniforms to choose from. Even if it isn't your favorite look, they look good in either grey or white pants. They look good with red on the road, they look good with blue on the road. It really is a matter of preference above all else, they don't have abominations in their past. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Because they didn’t have a throwback waiting to pair it with. The giants were going to come out with this uniform anyways just with the regular helmet if the 2 helmet rule didn’t come out. The bengals would have needed to start the process 2 years ago to get the approval to wear throwbacks this year which makes no sense because the 1 helmet rule was still in effect.

Their helmet also doesn't use decals for the tiger stripes, so they'd still need permission for that BENGALS helmet prior to this year, and they weren't going to get it.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

…did I miss the Bengals giving a single indication that they actually want to throwback to the script helmets? They didnt win a single playoff game in the 13 years that they wore it, finally winning one the very year that they switched to the stripes (made it to the Super Bowl, just like when they finally switched away from their previous mess last year). And the uniform itself is literally just a boring Browns knockoff. There can’t be any actual hype or nostalgia surrounding that helmet or uniform.

• Like 6