NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

52 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One more thing about the Bears uniform schedule. 

This photo shows the all blue as featuring the regular navy blue socks with white bottoms, not the color rush socks which are solid navy.

uotitjqi115hdbppmjx8.jpg

sports-1.jpg

In the three non-color rush games the Bears have worn navy over navy, they deployed their white road socks.
636406576531967663-USATSI-10271682.jpg

For the record, I would be ok with the Bears just wearing the solid color rush socks full time, even with white pants. I think we're well past the days of white bottom socks for football and at least this would maintain the all important triple stripe pattern and avoid the dreaded yoga pants look.

They would still look like yoga pants, just yoga pants with stripes at the bottom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Today’s Madden patch included some of the new alt helmets. Holy heck, the Panthers’ black helmets with black jerseys, gray pants and black socks is a tremendous look. That should be their default home set. 

The grey pants would just seem way out of place to me, and extremely top heavy. I’d need to see it for my mind to change

6 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Today’s Madden patch included some of the new alt helmets. Holy heck, the Panthers’ black helmets with black jerseys, gray pants and black socks is a tremendous look. That should be their default home set. 

I put the Saints alternate helmet with the all black and it looks way better. No idea why they couldn't do this if the Panthers were doing it.

spacer.png

Also, I am very sorry about doing this to the Bears but I just had to see it.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Hurl 3

bSLCtu2.png

Hopped on Madden last night to try these out, and they're all awful.  The Cowboys & Bucs throwback helmets will make sense and work, but these others just do not.  Even the Panthers, with Black Jerseys & Silver Pants, don't look quite right, because the Black/Blue logo on the helmet doesn't pop due to lack of White details or outline, the way that the Falcons helmet in the Deion-era did; there's not enough contrast on the helmet to compliment the jersey.  

I hope the NFL reels this in after a few years, as teams see that this just dilutes their brands.

EDIT:  The Giants helmet does look great, but again, it's because it's a throwback.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

By 2027, when they're locked into a soulless dome playing on field turf, I wouldn't be surprised to some "modernization in keeping with our tradition."

Nike literally every year: "Honor the past, embrace the future"

Nike literally every year: *Destroys the past, embraces a five-year uni*

• Like 10

fiowXOD.png

You know what baffles me? The NFL tripped all over itself with the “Color Rush” program, which not only inadvertently made NFL uniform rules more ambiguous but was a failure because they quickly had teams wearing all white with white socks b/c of the issues like what we had with Bills-Jets. 

Move on. But instead of burying it, they created a monster with these arbitrary rules (can’t wear alternate helmet unless it’s with your “color rush” uniform or throwback or alt”. What does that even mean? The rules are being applied either. 

I think a no-brainer is for the league to get all 32 teams on board with throwbacks and have throwback games for all of the Thursday night games. Let teams pick a home and away throwback, and let them rotate them every 2 years (like how soccer does with home and road kits). 

I guess the Ravens & Texans would feel a bit left out, but I still think it’s a way better idea than doing the alternate helmet program and getting all of these odd, redundant and lame looks. 

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I cannot stand solid white socks. It makes the uniforms look incomplete.

When it comes to choosing the socks to wear with dark pants;

White with a stripe > solid color that contrasts > solid white socks > solid color that matches the pants.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

11 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I guess the Ravens & Texans would feel a bit left out, but I still think it’s a way better idea than doing the alternate helmet program and getting all of these odd, redundant and lame looks. 

The Ravens, Texans, Panthers, Chiefs, and Commanders don't have usable or relevant* throwbacks that they can wear. That's 15% percent of the league that would be left out.

*Kansas City switches a facemask and helmet logo for thier throwback, but that's not a throwback jersey the league can sell (which would be their only motivation to do a league-wide Classic Week), and Washington's situation is well documented. Only thing they can throwback to is a late 50's leather helmet and a stripeless, single colored number jersey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I think a no-brainer is for the league to get all 32 teams on board with throwbacks and have throwback games for all of the Thursday night games. Let teams pick a home and away throwback, and let them rotate them every 2 years (like how soccer does with home and road kits). 

I don't want throwbacks for the sake of throwbacks. The league had the opportunity with that for the 100th season, and they failed to follow up on it.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

By 2027, when they're locked into a soulless dome playing on field turf, I wouldn't be surprised to some "modernization in keeping with our tradition."

Inspired By Excellence.

Funded By Taxpayers.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫