NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

you may notice the Panthers field markings today look minimal compared to previous games. We had MLS CLT FC (v NYC FC, we won!) yesterday and heavy rain so the grounds crew had to paint the turf for both games Friday in case they couldn’t scrub the soccer markings off overnight Saturday. They did a great job removing the yellow stripes and were able to paint the majority white only NFL markings and end zones. I expect we’ll be back in full color for next home game.  

• Like 4

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

What bugs me about yesterday is that this is one of the better looks in the league and we didn't get to see it:

ca3f3dbcf73f4baf9211532a7e7e6703.jpg?w=1

I agree but it's funny how in your pic Savage has almost entirely hidden his green socks, and Thielen has his knee exposed. Sock aesthetics are a complete mess these days

• Like 8

18 hours ago, DEAD! said:

Titans wearing all navy blue, but the signage around the field is baby blue... ok... 

They've been doing that for a while. That said, I'll welcome all the *Titans Blue* I can get, since that's about the only part of the stadium that features the color, unless something has changed in the past year or two. I hope the pro shop at the stadium is still swathed out in primarily light blue, but it wouldn't surprise me if they repainted it to all navy. 

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

What bugs me about yesterday is that this is one of the better looks in the league and we didn't get to see it:

ca3f3dbcf73f4baf9211532a7e7e6703.jpg?w=1

That was the national game of the week, wasn't it? Or were you just in a market that wouldn't show it?

Either way, I definitely saw it and...something about the lighting inside that giant ship of a stadium reminds me of Lucas Oil, just executed WAY better. (Both stadia have giant windows at one end; we'll Lucas Oil has two, plus the roof when they choose to open it. Do US Bank's windows open? Anyone know?)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I know others have floated this idea for a while, but just watching some highlights from yesterday really got me thinking that Carolina needs silver in their all white look.
It makes the helmet look out of place. Personally, I’m of the belief that the silver helmet is their best look (fine with the black as an alternate tho) and don’t like the idea of a white helmet, so I’d say while pants can be eliminated. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I know others have floated this idea for a while, but just watching some highlights from yesterday really got me thinking that Carolina needs silver in their all white look.
It makes the helmet look out of place. Personally, I’m of the belief that the silver helmet is their best look (fine with the black as an alternate tho) and don’t like the idea of a white helmet, so I’d say while pants can be eliminated. 

I think the white jersey/pants combo is fine for the Panthers... with blue socks. If anything, that's been their signature look since the founding of the franchise. 

usa_today_10538729.jpg

• Like 7

Yep the Panthers' road look has always been white/white/blue. They've worn silver pants with the white jersey once, in 1998(?) against the Colts. I don't know why but we haven't seen blue socks since like Week 9 of 2021 and I really don't understand why. Blue socks are honestly the only pair we need.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt