NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Eagles announced a black helmet for 2022 a while ago but haven’t unveiled it. They chose a black helmet this year because they have a jersey they can immediately pair it with. 

From what has been implied, the kelly green helmet will replace the black helmet in 2023. 

The Eagles released a teaser tweet today for the black helmet. 🙄

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

14 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Did it ever really go away?

Not really, but what I meant is that it seemed to have a chokehold on sports aesthetics in the early to mid 2000’s (black Royals, A’s and Jays come to mind), then it sort of faded for a little bit. It never went away but it didn’t seem to be so much in the zeitgeist. Now with the 2nd helmet nonsense we have at least four teams (Commies, Eagles, Panthers, and Jets, can’t remember if I’m forgetting anyone) that have released all-black looks and only one of them (Eagles) has any sort of loose right to be able to use black. It’s back, baby, and this time it seems like it’s taking over the NFL instead of MLB. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Korkie said:

The Eagles released a teaser tweet today for the black helmet. 🙄

*sigh*

• Hurl 2
  • Dislike 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, Sport said:

I believe you mean Ohio University

E1L_6hMXMAIIN4N?format=jpg&name=small

No, I meant tOSU. They will ALSO wear an all black uniform this year. Black is not a color found in the color scheme of either tOSU or the New Your Jets. If you are the Scarlet and Grey, or Big Green, how about you wear those colors?

It's where I sit.

all of these retread jets jokes aside, the jets are within 3-to-4 slight tweaks of a good uniform. it's just that those 3-to-4 elements make the uniform bad (NEW YORK wordmark, triangular striping, the topless helmet logo). yes, the black uni is unnecessary, but it's not like it or any of their uniforms can't be executed well. they just choose not to. i've posted the below image before, and it really shouldn't be this hard to figure it out. insist on the black? throw it in as the middle stripe on the sleeve.

maye.png

• Like 13
  • Love 3

sig2024.png

1 hour ago, NH4 said:

“Stealth Black” I mean Jet Black is right there

I'd like to believe that this was on the table until some member of the design team, a nebbish CCSLC poster, wheezed at length about how Jet is a type of gemstone and doesn't actually relate to aviation and the name should tie back to that.

Something like this...

0fn06eg4alt71.jpg

• LOL 2

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

28 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Did it ever really go away?

Sort of.

We saw a lot of Grey For Grey's Sake and a lot Navy For Navy's Sake as well for a while.

The latter being more pernicious since that usually involved the wholesale changing of a clubs color scheme. That's been dialed back in recent years with the Chargers and Rams ditching (mostly) navy for brighter shades.

• Like 1

So far, it looks like the options are throwback or removing color.

Given the two choices, I prefer throwback helmets. But I'd also be happy with neither of the two.

Pick a helmet and live with it.

PS - I am not a crackpot.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

It's here, and it's beautiful.

It's beautiful. Now we wait for the new orangeless jerseys these will be paired with. 

I bet they wear these at their "Welcome Back" event on July 30th. Rumor is they're going to bring back the 2017 color rush unis. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

It's here, and it's beautiful.

I love it. But (just nitpicking here) I wished the front bumper was black and white because the orange sticks out like a sore thumb

1 minute ago, Sport said:

It's beautiful. Now we wait for the new orangeless jerseys these will be paired with. 

I bet they wear these at their "Welcome Back" event on July 30th. Rumor is they're going to bring back the 2017 color rush unis. 

My hope is they re-classify the current white jerseys as Color Rush and create a new road jersey that has more orange. I doubt that happens this year, but maybe in the not-too-distant future?

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Given the two choices, I prefer throwback helmets. But I'd also be happy with neither of the two.

In other words, the way they're going every team should just have an all-black uni, all-white uni, and one alternate with team colors. 

• Hate 1

56 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Not really, but what I meant is that it seemed to have a chokehold on sports aesthetics in the early to mid 2000’s (black Royals, A’s and Jays come to mind), then it sort of faded for a little bit. It never went away but it didn’t seem to be so much in the zeitgeist. Now with the 2nd helmet nonsense we have at least four teams (Commies, Eagles, Panthers, and Jets, can’t remember if I’m forgetting anyone) that have released all-black looks and only one of them (Eagles) has any sort of loose right to be able to use black. It’s back, baby, and this time it seems like it’s taking over the NFL instead of MLB. 

The Panthers wearing all-black makes more sense than any of them. It doesn't look good, but it makes more sense.

• Like 4

I know these are not actual stripes, and that they are lighting effects. (Yes, they're also off-centered - it's the idea)

But I kinda like the effect that there are white stripes flanking the black helmet stripe. It matches the white outline on the logo.

I shouldn't like this. But I kind of do.

WB2bnXv.png

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

It's where I sit.

33 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Also there are too many states these days. Please eliminate three (starting with Missouri).

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4