2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

13 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

This is what the current logo would look like with matching outlines.

jcnN9ip.png

That looks so much better and matches the  new shoulder patch perfectly. 

They still need to fix the knob on the stick tho 😄

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

9 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Sharks:

Love them but I think I would have went with black pants. Just a little bit too much teal for me. Love the fin logos return.

Canes alt/throwback:

This should be their full time look.

Though I much prefer the unique all-teal look, I would be fine with black pants with the teal helmets, jerseys and socks and teal pants with the white set(including teal font).

1 hour ago, ebod39 said:

Custom. Proprietary.

That’s understandable but it’s a shame. I guess I’ll have to start looking for something close for my designs. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

59 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

That’s understandable but it’s a shame. I guess I’ll have to start looking for something close for my designs. 

I recently used the Islanders last black alternate uniform font, slightly modified and it’s very similar to what I’ve seen of the Sharks font. The shape of the 2 is almost identical aside from the angled ends. The 4 is where the most work would be needed but it looks a lot like Florida’s. 

spacer.png
(the C/A are actually WPG’s typeface)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Care to elaborate?

I just don't like either the Senators or Coyotes uniforms. The Senators logo looks like it was drawn with a pencil and the uniforms are way too dark. The Coyotes having a million different colors and all of them being dark just doesn't do it for me.  The reason I don't like them isn't because they both went back to an old uniform. Those uniforms just weren't that good in the first place.

• Like 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

8 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

About a third of the league has adopted direct thowbacks full time. Slapping an old jersey on a new template is boring, lazy, and uninspired if you ask me.

This is such a misguided take.

"Never look backwards" is the equivalent of limiting yourself. A team should consider everything. From the current look to the past to potential future designs. Everything should be on the table. Refusing to consider past identities, when they might be the best option, in the name of some self-limiting design ideology is dumb to me.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:17 AM, CreamSoda said:

This is disheartening. It's the end of hockey aesthetics. I'm a Leafs fan. I HATE the Habs.

But their uniform is THE class of the NHL. It's hockey's version of the Pinstripes.

And seeing this is just sad. I hate it.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, IceCap said:

8 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

About a third of the league has adopted direct thowbacks full time. Slapping an old jersey on a new template is boring, lazy, and uninspired if you ask me.

This is such a misguided take.

"Never look backwards" is the equivalent of limiting yourself. A team should consider everything. From the current look to the past to potential future designs. Everything should be on the table. Refusing to consider past identities, when they might be the best option, in the name of some self-limiting design ideology is dumb to me.

What?

My literal next sentence was “I'd much rather see teams build on their identities while honoring the past.” I then rattled off a handful of teams that have done new looks inspired by past designs.

How did you get “Never look backwards” from that? Talk about a misguided take.

7 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

How did you get “Never look backwards” from that? Talk about a misguided take.

Because you just regurgitated every hack designer's ethos.
"We moved forward while honouring the past." Yeah, whatever. That's the dumb take that gets you gradient on a Rams uniform that doesn't need gradient. Come on, man.

Sometimes a straight throwback is the way to go. Sorry, that's how it is.

• Like 4
  • Yawn 2

4 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Because you just regurgitated every hack designer's ethos.
"We moved forward while honouring the past." Yeah, whatever. That's the dumb take that gets you gradient on a Rams uniform that doesn't need gradient. Come on, man.

Sometimes a straight throwback is the way to go. Sorry, that's how it is.

You’re literally just misinterpreting what I said.

If you go back to the original post, none of the teams I referenced did an LA Rams gradient-type move. The Leafs, Bruins, Sharks, Avs, and (formerly) Hurricanes all did classical looks with modern touches that looked good and stayed within traditional design norms.

Let me spell it out here even more clearly for you: I want teams to do classically-inspired looks that aren’t just direct throwbacks. I’d rather see teams exercise some creativity while honoring the past — like the Sharks, for example — than just slapping an old jersey on a new template like the Coyotes, Sabres, Canes, Islanders, Penguins, etc.

You can’t just go “Well I know that’s not what you’re saying but I want it to be what you’re saying because I disagree with it!!!!”

36 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

Let me spell it out here even more clearly for you: I want teams to do classically-inspired looks that aren’t just direct throwbacks.

And let me spell it out for you.

I find this desire/mentality/whatever to be misguided and limiting. If a direct throwback is the way to go, it's the way to go and teams shouldn't shy away from that because of whatever "honour the past, look forward" philosophy you and others want to put out there.

36 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

You can’t just go “Well I know that’s not what you’re saying but I want it to be what you’re saying because I disagree with it!!!!”

Since you're insisting on this...

I think you're wrong. That's it. I'm not misunderstanding or misinterpreting you. I. Think. You. Are. Wrong.

You, like a lot of other people on the internet, need to understand that people who disagree with you just disagree with you. It's not that we "don't get it," or "misunderstand." No. We just think you're wrong. And that should be ok, because you posted your opinion publicly. If you do that you sign up for feedback, asked for or otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Yawn 2

14 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I'm not misunderstanding or misinterpreting you.

says the guy who claimed i was saying “never look backwards” when i literally said we should use the past as a basis for the future.

good job derailing a sensible uniform thread into a meaningless semantics argument. you seem to have a knack for it.

let’s cut it with this pointless arguing over nothing and get back to the jerseys, alright?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

good job derailing a sensible uniform thread into a meaningless semantics argument. you seem to have a knack for it.

let’s cut it with this pointless arguing over nothing and get back to the jerseys, alright?

Oh get over yourself. This thread spent pages going back and forth over whether or not a manufacturer mark was an advertisement. Me disagreeing with you over an assertion you made is not a derailment. If you can't handle that I'd suggest you start a blog so you can delete any comments you don't like. Otherwise get over yourself. 

You want to play the "above it all" card? Go right ahead, but you look foolish. 

• LOL 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2

12 hours ago, insert name said:

I wish they kept the black shorts. It feels off without it. 

I think it feels off in a good way. Kinda like the Avs’ blue breezers. It feels weird, but still looks good.

In the ensuing thread after the Avs announced the blue breezers, someone said that the blue shorts looked better but the black shorts felt better, and I agreed. I think the Sharks are in a similar spot.

Just a couple weeks ago in another, unrelated thread — now a few years removed from the switch — someone shared a graphic someone had made with black pants instead of blue and said something along the lines of “This is weird. The black pants don’t feel better anymore.” Again, I agreed.

I think the Sharks will also be in a similar spot in a few years.