2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

On 1/2/2023 at 11:14 PM, Digby said:

Wouldn't doubt Seattle as a market at this point, but the NHL has been pretty clear about positioning the Winter Classic with the legacy teams, pond hockey, snowy cities, etc. It's right there in the name. It's why Washington and Dallas felt a little odd too, and now it's an even more awkward fit with literally the two newest franchises considering how the game has almost always been O6 or close to it.

If this was a "Stadium Series" game I don't think nearly as many people would bat an eye.

Trying to figure out a Vegas uniform for this seems like a challenge -- lots of fun design inspiration in vintage Las Vegas design culture, but does any of that translate to an old-timey hockey sweater with a felt crest?

Every year there's been some sort of Boston/Pittsburgh/Chicago/Detroit/Philly matchup, and people complain about the same teams playing every year. The league decides to mix it up, and suddenly people are upset that "non-traditional" teams are getting to play.

The Winter Classic has become the league's most prestigious regular season event (much more so than any other outdoor games), so it makes sense that they'd want to reward two organizations that just pumped over a billion dollars into the league.

Vegas might look to the old Gamblers for inspiration for their uniforms. They used the same purple & yellow sweaters as the Kings, so some liberties would need to be taken, but I could see either a VEGAS or KNIGHTS script written across cards being used.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

14 hours ago, M4One said:

Bruins alumni with white version of Winter Classic jersey.

spacer.png

Worn with black socks, for some reason.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 1/6/2023 at 10:16 AM, TBGKon said:

90s ASG sweaters in Miami Vice colors is great if true.

I wish each division had their own jersey like when it was in LA and Tampa.  You can have two in the Vice colours and two in team colours this year.  The all-star jersey should always be in team colours of the host city, even if it's the same generic template every year.

7 hours ago, nash61 said:

Worn with black socks, for some reason.

So this was actually a fantasy camp with some alumni.  Maybe Bourque and the guy two down from his left just brought their own gear while the fantasy campers were issued theirs.  Seems like Bruins alumni normally wear the black socks Bourque has on.

spacer.png

spacer.png

19 hours ago, M4One said:

I wish each division had their own jersey like when it was in LA and Tampa.  You can have two in the Vice colours and two in team colours this year.  The all-star jersey should always be in team colours of the host city, even if it's the same generic template every year.

Atlantic_Front.png?width=950&height=950

Central_Front.png?width=950&height=950Metro_Front.pngPacific_Front.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

6 minutes ago, eastfirst107 said:

Hurricanes wearing Raleigh IceCaps warm-up jerseys tomorrow night.

Ahh... going a lil' ECHL nostalgic, are they?? Those are the OLD old school jawns there.

(Dang, I really miss those '90S times in the ECHL...they had some weird yet fun identities back then.)

Oh and they absolutely HAVE to skate out to THIS during warmups:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 1/7/2023 at 8:52 AM, Ridleylash said:

Seattle really should've been in the league for the last 47 years, if we're being totally honest. Only reason they weren't is because of the collapse of an owner's financing.

This is the story of our lives here. We seem to be held to a higher standard than other cities even though our metro area is huge and has the money to support all four major sports. The Sonics were stolen by David Stern and his cronies and STILL aren’t back. 

• Love 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

19 minutes ago, rorinator said:

r/Coyotes - [Craig Morgan on Twitter] Check out these pants! New uniform announcement coming soon.

Looks like the Coyotes will be releasing a new alternate jersey soon. Love these pants, should coincide with the rumors of a crescent moon for the captain's patch.

The would pair well with the orange Reverse Retros

mens-adidas-clayton-keller-burnt-orange-

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rorinator said:

r/Coyotes - [Craig Morgan on Twitter] Check out these pants! New uniform announcement coming soon.

Looks like the Coyotes will be releasing a new alternate jersey soon. Love these pants, should coincide with the rumors of a crescent moon for the captain's patch.

Everybody laughed when they brought on some hypebeast designer to help with their brand. But these look sick. I'm excited to see the full uniform.

• Hurl 1