2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

7 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Wait they use the regular home/away number font for the helmets, but some sort of boring block number font for the jerseys? 

These would have been way better with the home/away number font. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

it remains utterly baffling to me that a professional sports team (not just the coyotes) can release a new uniform without showing the full thing head-to-toe in a clear well lit photo. it seems you can only get one of the two these days, and even then it is more likely to be a video rather than a photo.

not one picture in the coyotes press release shows the waist down, which would show off the unique and prominent cactus side stripe. just ridiculous. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, riccirulesall said:

it remains utterly baffling to me that a professional sports team (not just the coyotes) can release a new uniform without showing the full thing head-to-toe in a clear well lit photo. it seems you can only get one of the two these days, and even then it is more likely to be a video rather than a photo.

not one picture in the coyotes press release shows the waist down, which would show off the unique and prominent cactus side stripe. just ridiculous. 

You think that’s crazy, I think every ncaa football uniform unveil took place at a beach, under a waterfall, or on the moon this year.

KISSwall09.jpg

On 1/16/2023 at 2:33 PM, elliott said:

It would appear that the vertical side panels are even worse than they initially looked….spacer.png

Okay—I just got a better look at this. What exactly were they going for with that script? Looks like a one-click Illustrator Live Trace job...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

39 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

Isn't the Adidas contract over after this season? If so my fear is a Nike centric modern Flyers

Next year is the final year for adidas. 

• Love 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, bowld said:

Canucks skate is a win for me. Hope they bring out a white one next season and go full time skate

Please no. The team has a jumbled enough identity as it is, we don't need to keep adding to the existing pile of Canucks rebrands because people keep getting nostalgic for different jerseys. What they have now is perfect.

Besides, the team's pretty bad right now, it's not really the right time to rebrand anyways lol

• Like 5

I was at the game tonight, and I have to say the new third looks even worse in person, the indents or whatever pattern they have on the sleeve striping just makes them look incredibly cheap, like the stripes were put on with tape. On top of that, the agency font with no white is a serious downgrade from the original block numbers. The whole uniform has the same vibe as the neon lighting of a 70s dive bar. 

The only good thing I have to say about it is that the mountain pattern on the collar is really cool, but of course that’s not visible when the uniform is actually being worn so it’s a moot point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomkesler said:

Wait was this jersey ever actually released? 

how did it go from Facebook marketplace leak to worn on the ice in less than 12 hours?? 

The team had been teasing this jersey for at least a couple of weeks with a viral #freetheskate ad campaign.  A plane flew around with that banner.  I think at first, everyone thought it was just a fan.  Then, there were bus ads and fans holding up signs with that hash tag at the arena.  

The players tested out the black gear last week.  I assumed and probably everyone else that it was just going to be the same black skate jersey they have been wearing.

Probably doubtful, but maybe they moved the debut up due to the passing of Gino Odjick.

• Like 1

I've changed my mind on the Canucks new skate jerseys. I dig em. I actually think the elimination of white from the crest is a nice update and make for a cleaner logo. And once it was gone from the crest, it makes sense to eliminate it from the stripes/numbers. I don't love the number font but it doesn't bother me that they would want to have something consistent for once since they have had more uniforms and color schemes than the rest of the league combined 🤣

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I was at the game tonight, and I have to say the new third looks even worse in person, the indents or whatever pattern they have on the sleeve striping just makes them look incredibly cheap, like the stripes were put on with tape.

Is this the same sort of texturing they put on the Vegas jerseys to invoke brocade fabric? I agree with the cheapness of the look. 

25 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Is this the same sort of texturing they put on the Vegas jerseys to invoke brocade fabric? I agree with the cheapness of the look. 

I’m not sure actually, I don’t remember looking at a Vegas jersey that closely to say for certain, but I think so.

It’s a pattern made by raising alternated parts of the stripes, but it doesn’t really create the ‘V’ effect it’s going for and if you’re standing more than 2 feet away it just makes it look cheap. The ‘V’ effect is completely lost and it makes the stripes look weird, like they’re poorly screenprinted on or applied with tape or something.

• Like 1