2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

The rumor for the Kings next RR was always a white counterpart of their last RR, wasn't it? This just lends more credence to that.

What would the stripes be on a white version of the previous RR? Yellow/purple/yellow?  

If they go with a yellow (gold) RR, they could use the ol’ white/purple/white stripes

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

The rumor for the Kings next RR was always a white counterpart of their last RR, wasn't it? This just lends more credence to that.

Rumors says it is gonna be white. I hope they not going with white Chevy because it would be lazy and boring since we already had a proper retro of it and their current alternate is a variation of this sweater.

https://mayorsmanor.com/2022/07/round-2-la-kings-reverse-retro-2-0-jersey-mock-ups/

4r2eer.png

9 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I know this is HIGHLY subjective, but 68 is the only truly bad number in there lol

By bad I mean 62, 63, 75, 78. Anything in the 90s can't be bad by default since the digit 9 looks so good. But I'm not gonna try and convince you, I've always been weird with numbers so maybe that's just me!

Come now, 37 is a bad number. It’s like you showed up for intramurals, they passed around the laundry bag of jersey vests, and you ended up with the last vest, which was 37.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

17 hours ago, squamfan said:

Isn’t the rumour that Anaheim’s going to be a white version of this?

spacer.png

Please no. They have at least a half dozen better options

OG white jerseys with jade and eggplant reversed (jade pants!)

1st movie jersey in eggplant and jade

spacer.png

Late 90s alternates in eggplant

spacer.png

Original jerseys in black, orange and gold

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wild Wing in eggplant, crappy concept but gives you a rough idea

spacer.png

Script jerseys with eggplant base and thick jade stripe

spacer.png

OG jerseys in jade

spacer.png

Of course I can't take credit for any of these concepts

15 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Come now, 37 is a bad number. It’s like you showed up for intramurals, they passed around the laundry bag of jersey vests, and you ended up with the last vest, which was 37.

For a forward or defenseman? Sure, no argument here! For a goalie, anything in the 30s (except 38!) looks good imo. Standards are different for a goalie. 1, 29-37, 39-41 all look good and I'll even give 60 a pass. Everything else is garbage lmao

But like I said, this is highly subjective and I'm not trying to convince anyone cause I know I'm weird when it comes to numbers 😅

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Wild Wing in eggplant, crappy concept but gives you a rough idea

spacer.png

Not sure why any of these would be designed with black ice instead of white ice. The eggplant version with the white yoke/stripes looks pretty nice (well, I like it at least lol)...

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

Not sure why any of these would be designed with black ice instead of white ice. 

Yeah me neither ahah. It was surprisingly hard to find an eggplant Wild Wing concept so I chose this one anyway

I think the artist was just trying to find a way to connect it with the current black-heavy colour scheme. The concept was done when the RR program was just a rumour so maybe he didn't quite understand the idea yet

I find the black based jerseys at the bottom incredible, though. I'd buy one for sure!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ark said:

As terrible as I thought their current identity was, these are actually beautiful.

The colours have actually grown on me a lot. I've never been to Anaheim or Orange County but to me their colour scheme has a really nice Californian sunset feel to it, at least as an outsider lol. Even the Cup jerseys have grown on me, the black one especially. But the duck foot kinda sucks as a logo and their current jersey is an outdated mess. The old gold also needs to be metallic and not beige, but that colour scheme is definitely salvageable

I still want them to bring back eggplant and jade though. And so do 99% of their fans on social media whenever an old picture from the Mighty era is posted, as you can plainly see in the comment section

21 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Quick breaking his new V10 pads:

Luke asked good question. Those colors suggets that new RR will also be in purple-yellow or maybe this gonna be a normal Retro?

Better pads photo:

FaSr8qQWIAU3BUP?format=jpg&name=large

Worked at EA Sports on the jersey authenticity side OUAT. Marketing departments and players with special gear would know about a 6-months year in advance. The jersey updates would be in our system before the previous season would even end.

Don't work there anymore, so can't provide any other info sadly.  I have been tipped off the Leafs are likely going to wear the St Pats jerseys once a year going forward. Probably around St Pat's day, but I think that was already loosely leaked somewhere else

• Like 1

Never been a fan of the brand at all, but the original Ducks logo looks better with a jade triangle on an eggplant background. I have no idea why they created a separate logo with grey to use on eggplant instead. It didn't stand out better. How could it? It's grey.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

50 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Never been a fan of the brand at all, but the original Ducks logo looks better with a jade triangle on an eggplant background. I have no idea why they created a separate logo with grey to use on eggplant instead. It didn't stand out better. How could it? It's grey.

No idea, at first I thought it had something to do with color matching, but they used a jade triangle on the white jersey at the time, so its not that.