2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

23 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, I think the Canes going black at home is fine; there's a lot more teams that go red at home (Calgary, Chicago, Detroit, Florida, New Jersey, Montréal, Washington) than black at home (which is really just LA and Ottawa). Making themselves more distinct from the crowd is a good branding decision.

LA and Ottawa... and Anaheim, Arizona, Boston and Pittsburgh.

Carolina is the swing vote here now making it 7-7 in terms of red vs black from 8-6 in favour of red.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

36 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, I think the Canes going black at home is fine; there's a lot more teams that go red at home (Calgary, Chicago, Detroit, Florida, New Jersey, Montréal, Washington) than black at home (which is really just LA and Ottawa). Making themselves more distinct from the crowd is a good branding decision.

Ah, yes. Very distinct.

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Ah, yes. Very distinct.

spacer.png spacer.png

lol yikes.  I didn’t realize they were so similar.  Carolina looks like a cheap knockoff of Ottawa.

I hate this move for the hurricanes.  Their red sweater is so much better. 

• Like 6

Carolina should've never chosen red and black as their colors from Day 1. I don't know why they did (something about NC State?) but they had an opportunity to be different and create a standout identity.

The color diversity in the NHL is too small.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

Carolina should've never chosen red and black as their colors from Day 1. I don't know why they did (something about NC State?) but they had an opportunity to be different and create a standout identity.

The color diversity in the NHL is too small.

Agreed but at the same time, even though they were red and black, they didn't look like any other red and black team because of the red gear

11 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Anaheim Ducks Fanatics Branded Special Edition Wheelhouse T-Shirt - White

Smh GIF

The other two seem interesting at least

And there you have it; "more orange in Anaheim". A white and orange version of the classic Mighty Ducks jersey seems like a safe bet.

I'm guessing we'll see a repeat of the Dallas '99 jersey but in black and green this time. Interesting that they went with the shoulder patch here though.

90's Jets jersey in their modern colours should look nice.

• Like 1

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

2 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

And there you have it; "more orange in Anaheim". A white and orange version of the classic Mighty Ducks jersey seems like a safe bet.

Nobody asked for this. Everybody wants eggplant and jade and all they keep giving us is orange and black. They don't have any awareness or common sense and they don't care what their fans want. Yes, I'm mad

2 hours ago, Dynasty said:

The team was lured to Raleigh to justify a new building for NC State + Karmanos wanted to hatebang Mike Ilitch

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫