2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

I don't think they stole him, he was just looking for a home. He was sitting on an exterior wrought-iron spiral staircase with nowhere to go. If you're cold, Youppi!'s cold, let him in.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Couple of interesting things on the return of the Fisherman:

- There's still some teal in there, so that runs counter to the rumors.

- The logo isn't just recolored; it's been fully redone. The giveaway is the text, as the original had the "I" and "S" at the ends larger than the rest of the letters.

If the Sharks take the ice in UCLA shoulder stripes I am going to have an incident.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

21 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Ugh.  Colorado going with the State inspired look.  I get it’s the Rockies colors but I’m so over the state flag dress up. 

Better than them dressing up as a northern team from another country with a French name and fleur de lys on the jersey

This never made any sense. The Rockies had nice jerseys, I can't wait to see that RR!

21 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

Carolina wearing that ugly clipart looking flag logo full time is honestly a bigger downgrade than the Buffaslug was

I dunno, it's not like the Hurricanes original logo was masterpiece or anything lol. The Buffaslug replaced two very decent/beloved logos

How come nobody's posted this one yet?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Apparently the new alternate. Guy Fieri sublimated flames, Primegreen tag, no RR tag

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Meanwhile, Robopen and Pooh Bear fans stay winning;

spacer.png

I'm guessing the Pens use this prototype from 1992, except they'll switch the white and gold.

spacer.png

Kinda disappointed though. This would give the Penguins three different black jerseys. Was really hopping they'd utilize blue in some capacity. 

• Love 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

No freakin' way they bring back Robopen! They finally came to her senses. Now bring back Robopen on alternate jersey and make it  a full alternate logo

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

mens-fanatics-branded-black-dallas-stars-special-edition-wheelhouse-t-shirt_pi4773000_altimages_ff_4773131-6959de903eb8253ad40balt1_full.jpg?_hv=2&w=900

I smell 1993-1999 home but in black.

50 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

How come nobody's posted this one yet?

Page 42 ;)

Intresting because earlier he said this not gonna be their alternate. BTW Reverse Retro version didn't had those flames on cuffs?

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

Hurricanes big downgrade ditching the home reds.  But, if they really want to be a black team now, they could have at least come up with a matching road jersey.   And, what exactly is the primary logo now?  What has been their primary, is on the shoulder on the now home and isn't even on the white jersey.

As for the Flames and the ghost flame cuffs.  Thumbs down.  Would have looked better to just have coloured in flames for the cuffs higher up, replacing the sleeve stripes.  Really hope other teams don't go down this road, but there probably are others.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Philadelphia Flyers Fanatics Branded Special Edition Wheelhouse T-Shirt - Black

Hopefully its their old black jersey's with an orange yoke & arms.

The logo has an additional grey (or silver?) outline, which makes me think of one of their alternates. Maybe the 50th Anniversary jersey in black, but with silver instead of gold accents.

7 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Habs going powder pretty much confirms the Expos-related rumors.

Beyond the obvious colour swap they did before it feels like the Habs don't have many options for Reverse Retros. I like that they're thinking outside the box for this one.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

6 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

Carolina wearing that ugly clipart looking flag logo full time is honestly a bigger downgrade than the Buffaslug was

There’s clipart that features storm flags tied to a hockey stick with the state of North Carolina in the negative space? 

• LOL 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, M4One said:

Hurricanes big downgrade ditching the home reds.  But, if they really want to be a black team now, they could have at least come up with a matching road jersey.   And, what exactly is the primary logo now?  What has been their primary, is on the shoulder on the now home and isn't even on the white jersey.

The Canes are bringing back Early 2000s NHL Problems: Introduce a 3rd jersey, it gets popular, so you promote it to primary and ditch your previous home look, but never bother developing a road set to match it. Hopefully they don't also decide to revive the trap and a season-long lockout while they're at it.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Blue Jackets shirt is black

spacer.png

And now I'm worried that we're going to get this uniform with the black and navy parts reversed

columbus-blue-jackets-sergei-fedorov-con

That's the best uniform the team has ever worn and I don't know how to feel about seeing it disgraced like that. 

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

So if shirt color in the leaks is the jersey color, the Lightning appear to be headed towards a white version of the 90s storm alternate.

Panthers light blue with the original hockey stick palm tree logo?

Some of the photos got cut off of the preview, but if you click in you can see them all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

The logo has an additional grey (or silver?) outline, which makes me think of one of their alternates. Maybe the 50th Anniversary jersey in black, but with silver instead of gold accents.

Beyond the obvious colour swap they did before it feels like the Habs don't have many options for Reverse Retros. I like that they're thinking outside the box for this one.

Good point, could also be a black version of the 2000s orange alternate they had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Canes are bringing back Early 2000s NHL Problems: Introduce a 3rd jersey, it gets popular, so you promote it to primary and ditch your previous home look, but never bother developing a road set to match it. Hopefully they don't also decide to revive the trap and a season-long lockout while they're at it.

I'm of the stance that the Hurricanes have never looked good at any point, but at least the original all-red look was different enough from the other red/black teams and also different enough from the Red Wings to be their own thing. Also, the hurricane flag logo is not my favorite. It's too tall. The old flag logo with the one flag was technically a tropical storm warning flag, but who cares, it was a better logo. It's called artistic license. 

They would really benefit from a third color. If I was them I'd grab dark gray as the jersey base now that Vegas is moving away from it and use red and black as accents and be the dark gray team. It would make sense for the Hurricanes

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

So if shirt color in the leaks is the jersey color, the Lightning appear to be headed towards a white version of the 90s storm alternate.

Panthers light blue with the original hockey stick palm tree logo?

Some of the photos got cut off of the preview, but if you click in you can see them all.

Interesting that all the California teams will have white jerseys (if we go by the shirts). Seems like there will be more white jerseys overall, which may be from the NHL to get more RR vs RR matchups. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Interesting that all the California teams will have white jerseys (if we go by the shirts). Seems like there will be more white jerseys overall, which may be from the NHL to get more RR vs RR matchups. 

Would not be surprised if you see a lot of East Coast teams slotting their Reverse Retro nights when the California teams are in town for this reason. A 7:00pm Eastern puck drop gives the shiny new things you're trying to sell more national exposure than a 10:30pm Eastern start.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sport said:

I'm of the stance that the Hurricanes have never looked good at any point, but at least the original all-red look was different enough from the other red/black teams and also different enough from the Red Wings to be their own thing. Also, the hurricane flag logo is not my favorite. It's too tall. The old flag logo with the one flag was technically a tropical storm warning flag, but who cares, it was a better logo. It's called artistic license.

The hurricane flag looks good on the front of the Jerseys and better than the stylized hurricane or the CANES wordmark, which was a really dumb idea. The storm logo design wise is okay, but the big problem was the one flag. It was like a Bengals logo that showed a Cheetah. It needed two flags and thankfully it was fixed.

As for the proportions, I'm sure they could be improved by having the outline of the Carolinas behind the logo.