2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

While I'm not super jazzed about the Ducks going with white again, it makes sense if they wanted to go the route they appear to be going with the Mighty Ducks in current colours. They already wear black jerseys so it makes sense they wouldn't go that way and an orange RR in this style would just look like the current alternate.

One could hope it's something similar to the current alternate so it could be a tryout for making that set, with the orange alternate, the primary set (with the new uniform supplier, the Ducks 30th anniversary and the opening of the renovated Honda Center/surrounding area all scheduleded to happen at around the same time)?

I will say if that is the case, the Ducks should standardize the Mighty Ducks logo because including this Reverse Retro, there's three different Mighty Ducks logos floating around right now, which is somehow worse than back in the day when they had two for some reason.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

48 minutes ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

As for the proportions, I'm sure they could be improved by having the outline of the Carolinas behind the logo.

The last thing that logo needs is two more elements full of jagged lines crammed into it. Besides, North Carolina is already there in the negative space, which is where I believe the actual state of North Carolina also exists.

• LOL 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

53 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

While I'm not super jazzed about the Ducks going with white again, it makes sense if they wanted to go the route they appear to be going with the Mighty Ducks in current colours. They already wear black jerseys so it makes sense they wouldn't go that way and an orange RR in this style would just look like the current alternate.

One could hope it's something similar to the current alternate so it could be a tryout for making that set, with the orange alternate, the primary set (with the new uniform supplier, the Ducks 30th anniversary and the opening of the renovated Honda Center/surrounding area all scheduleded to happen at around the same time)?

I will say if that is the case, the Ducks should standardize the Mighty Ducks logo because including this Reverse Retro, there's three different Mighty Ducks logos floating around right now, which is somehow worse than back in the day when they had two for some reason.

This could mean nothing, but Zegras is wearing the alternate jersey on the cover of the NHL23 game. Unless I'm mistaken, it only happened once before where the player was not wearing a jersey from the regular home & away set, it was Toews wearing the '09 WC jerseys on the cover of NHL11, but it feels different this time. Or maybe I'm just wishful thinking!

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

This could mean nothing, but Zegras is wearing the alternate jersey on the cover of the NHL23 game. Unless I'm mistaken, it only happened once before where the player was not wearing a jersey from the regular home & away set, it was Toews wearing the '09 WC jerseys on the cover of NHL11, but it feels different this time. Or maybe I'm just wishful thinking!

spacer.png

"TECHINCAL TEST" lol jfc

• LOL 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Sabres going with both the black/red/silver/white goathead Classic (that's still happening, right?) plus a RR goathead? 

I still haven't seen anything official saying they're bringing back the black and red.  Just rumors.  Supposedly Pegula hated the black and red, so I have my doubts.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

spacer.png

Two thoughts, one on-topic and one off-topic:

1. If Anaheim insists on keeping this color scheme, then compromising with the duck mask as a primary is the way to make it work, IMO. And by “making it work” I mean “not ideal, but it will do.” It’s still eggplant + jade + duck mask over everything, for me.

2. Palm trees on the cover of a hockey video game is really jarring. I get it, there’s a Ducks player on the cover and yeah, “grow the game etc etc”, but do they have to be standing in front of palm trees?  It just seems forced is all.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

While I would like to think this kind of promotion of the third jersey is, well, a sign of it being promoted, the Ducks also tweeted Zegras and Drysdales' new numbers with black jersey graphics.

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

That would be surprising, but probably the best they can do with these colours. I suppose they could call it a 2015 throwback and use it to test the waters that way. It looks like the Knights are using it as an excuse to put out a black version of their existing uniform, so there's that.

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

On one hand the versatility of this logo works in its favour; they used a silver triangle to make it pop better against a purple background (I guess?) and now they have a version with yellow sticks so they don't blend into the orange base (probably). But yeah, I agree some standardisation would be nice. I would prefer that they stick to the version with gold triangle and orange sticks like on the shoulder patch. Them using the current third jersey crest on merch often results in apparel and other stuff that weirdly has no orange whatsoever, or has yellow instead.

I can appreciate this new orange triangle, gold sticks version if they're remaking the classic white jersey and are aiming to have the orange match up with the green parts of that. But it also makes me think of numerous fan recolours that don't match what the team uses and somehow feels wrong.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

1 hour ago, Echo said:

I still haven't seen anything official saying they're bringing back the black and red.  Just rumors.  Supposedly Pegula hated the black and red, so I have my doubts.

FWIW, the mothership said the black goathead was a confirmed jersey back in January. Things might have changed since then, though. 

https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/01/21/sabres-goathead-uniform-returning-in-2023/hockey-2/

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Yeah it might have the most colour variations of any logo in league history. Jade triangle + yellow sticks, silver triangle + yellow sticks, gold triangle + yellow sticks, gold triangle + orange sticks, and silver triangle + orange sticks.

And oddly enough the logo has never included even a sliver of eggplant, even though that was their primary colour for over a decade.

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

And oddly enough the logo has never included even a sliver of eggplant, even though that was their primary colour for over a decade.

Well, it's had eggplant on merch before, as seen on this Mitchell and Ness hat, so that's another variant for the pile;

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Well, it's had eggplant on merch before, as seen on this Mitchell and Ness hat, so that's another variant for the pile;

spacer.png

I had never seen that one before. I think it looks surprisingly good! I expected eggplant to be a little too dark but against a jade background, it works somehow

2022-2023-nhl-reverse-retro-logos-sportslogosnet.jpg

Leaks for 26 teams are in the mothership article. Looks like the Rangers are doing Lady Liberty in royal blue and the Wild will be an inverse of the previous RR. I see Arizona is in black. Not really sure why they'd do that since their primary look already uses black. Would've been a good opportunity to go green or even use sand as the base color, but knowing them, they can't do anything right. 

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

With sand coloured helmets? Like nicotine stained white appliances? Gross, no thanks lmao

Lol what? Clearly they'd wear a dark colored helmet if they used a sand jersey. 

Anyways, here's my quick and dirty mockup of the Penguins RR.

AL9nZEWCwOLDSv9vJ6-WOxpLHcGojMtbiHghaxQPvNk5-CngZrOF-bAFhCyQH3ozZepDyZc1nwvpTipC3v2ZP3XK4l53XB0zNTn0fLm7fGBi1D0ujFuNMpVCAe6t64MPceN6XHuBPZYMyfBlwnAvrORY2xUQcg=w900-h437-no?authuser=0

• Like 1
  • Love 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

9 hours ago, TBGKon said:

So if shirt color in the leaks is the jersey color

From what I see it wasn't a case with previous Reverse Retro. All teams got gray t-shirt in that fashion and anothers in different colors e.g Wild had white and green (exact same as this "new" one). Bruins has black and no yellow (at least I couldn't find it, btw still can't understand how they could screwed up cuffs in last RR),  Avs white and burgundy, Sabres white and blue, etc, etc.

With that I'd laugh hard if Jets ditched their aviator blue alternate only to reintroduce it but with old crest.

Also now I wish Penguins go with yellow sweater.

4r2eer.png