2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

40 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I see Arizona is in black. Not really sure why they'd do that since their primary look already uses black. Would've been a good opportunity to go green or even use sand as the base color, but knowing them, they can't do anything right. 

Their original retro third was green, so that doesn't fit with the "reverse" idea. Making the jersey black, though, gives you a night sky over the desert landscape on the hem.

• Love 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Leafs leaked as well...

Crazy how the Leafs went from 0 black jerseys to 2 over the span of 2 seasons.

Assuming the jersey actually is black, it makes me wonder why they didn't opt for a green or grey color palette. As far as I know, the Maple Leafs haven't used black on any unis, which kinda defeats the purpose of the "Retro" half of Reverse Retro. I get that the team is in a bind with this sort of project, but I can't help but feel they had other jerseys to choose from (that didn't include black).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

That would be surprising, but probably the best they can do with these colours. I suppose they could call it a 2015 throwback and use it to test the waters that way. It looks like the Knights are using it as an excuse to put out a black version of their existing uniform, so there's that.

No, it's probably going to be like every Ducks concept ever and be a colour swapped version of the Mighty Ducks jersey.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

FWIW, the mothership said the black goathead was a confirmed jersey back in January. Things might have changed since then, though. 

https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/01/21/sabres-goathead-uniform-returning-in-2023/hockey-2/

I've seen that as well, but that is based on an unnamed "reliable source" and a since-deleted Tweet.  I'm not saying it's not going to happen, I'm just saying I haven't seen anything official from the team itself. 

Some "reliable source" may have said they're doing the goathead for next year, and they are as their RR.  It's entirely possible whoever heard that and Tweeted it assumed that meant black and red when it was really the blue and gold RR they were talking about.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Lol what? Clearly they'd wear a dark colored helmet if they used a sand jersey.

I know they often make exceptions but the rulebook says (said?) you can't have two teams wearing the same helmet colour, I'm not sure about black vs navy

Besides, I've always thought that a dark helmet paired with a light jersey looked amateurish. Like all those low budget OHL and LHJMQ teams that can only afford one helmet lol

Which is probably what is stopping the Wild from having a cream away jersey

3 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

2022-2023-nhl-reverse-retro-logos-sportslogosnet.jpg

Leaks for 26 teams are in the mothership article. Looks like the Rangers are doing Lady Liberty in royal blue and the Wild will be an inverse of the previous RR. I see Arizona is in black. Not really sure why they'd do that since their primary look already uses black. Would've been a good opportunity to go green or even use sand as the base color, but knowing them, they can't do anything right. 

A missed oppurtunity for Vegas to create a Golden Knights-inspired take on this Thunder logo:

Las-Vegas-Thunder-Replica-Jersey-Royal-R

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

A missed oppurtunity for Vegas to create a Golden Knights-inspired take on this Thunder logo:

Las-Vegas-Thunder-Replica-Jersey-Royal-R

Pretty sure the Thunder were the inspiration for the red Reverse Retros, as per this article.  The red was for the Wranglers and the design was for the Thunder.

https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/news/vegas-golden-knights-and-adidas-unveil-all-new-reverse-retro-jersey/c-319636918

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

Pretty sure the Thunder were the inspiration for the red Reverse Retros, as per this article.  The red was for the Wranglers and the design was for the Thunder.

https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/news/vegas-golden-knights-and-adidas-unveil-all-new-reverse-retro-jersey/c-319636918

I meant the logo.

VGK should have did like Vancouver with their crest and come up with a 90s fauxback to fully match the era. All they did was slap the current shoulder patch on the front.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Leaks for 26 teams are in the mothership article. Looks like the Rangers are doing Lady Liberty in royal blue and the Wild will be an inverse of the previous RR. I see Arizona is in black. Not really sure why they'd do that since their primary look already uses black. Would've been a good opportunity to go green or even use sand as the base color, but knowing them, they can't do anything right. 

ROBO PENGUIN!!!!

I wish the Blue Jackets used their old logo, and the Kings shirt looks out of place with the others.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Out of all of these, the only one I’m unsure of is the Wild shirt. They definitely had that last year, so maybe it’s just actually on sale?? I know Michael Russo mentioned in some athletic article that green for the reverse retro seemed to make sense. I don’t know if that meant he knew it was green, or if that was just a guess on his part. 

My guess is that even though that shirt is the same as last year for the Wild, it will be a green version of the 80’s North Stars sweaters. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

10 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Out of all of these, the only one I’m unsure of is the Wild shirt. They definitely had that last year, so maybe it’s just actually on sale?? I know Michael Russo mentioned in some athletic article that green for the reverse retro seemed to make sense. I don’t know if that meant he knew it was green, or if that was just a guess on his part. 

My guess is that even though that shirt is the same as last year for the Wild, it will be a green version of the 80’s North Stars sweaters. 

The major difference is there isn't a gold outline around the logo but a white outline for 2.0. RR 1.0 merchandise only had the gold outline of the logo. 

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

16 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

You know the Flyers are really doing bad when they don't get to be included (And there was a shirt for them).

• LOL 2

13 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

So the 2021-22 RR shirts are still on sale for a few teams...but here's a twist...the Wild have a green shirt and a white shirt for RR 1.0 (still available at walmart.com)...so maybe we can't judge the white shirts as jersey colors just yet, although most are matching the rumors.

Men's Fanatics Branded Green Minnesota Wild Special Edition Victory Arch  T-Shirt

Minnesota Wild Fanatics Branded Special Edition Victory Arch T-Shirt - White

The Bruins had a black shirt for RR 1.0...yet we all know the jersey was yellow.

Men's Fanatics Branded Black Boston Bruins Special Edition Victory Arch T-Shirt

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.