2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

32 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

One issue is if I want to buy an Avs RR t-shirt (say, with just the C-circle crest logo, as Fanatics sold shirts like these two years ago), the Avs T-shirt would look like it came from a Colorado Store.  It wouldn't really have an NHL feel. 

I mean...they did T-shirt designs that looked like they were from a local store last time, too;

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean...they did T-shirt designs that looked like they were from a local store last time, too;

spacer.png

Black and yellow are the normal team colors though, and everyone knows Pittsburgh's colors are because of the flag. 

Having every team tied to the flag seems cool at first, but then again it'd be weird if the NY Jets were an orange and blue football team or the Tampa Bay Lightning were red, blue and yellow hockey team.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

I get that, but why do the Colorado Avalanche, with an already mountain themed name and 3 Stanley Cups,  have to pay homage to a prior franchise that relocated?  A franchise that lasted 7 years with no success?  It's not the same. 

7 years with no success?  They were in Quebec from 1972 to 1995 and were the #1 seed in the 1995 playoffs only to lose to the #8 seed Rangers in the first round of that season’s playoffs.  

46 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Black and yellow are the normal team colors though, and everyone knows Pittsburgh's colors are because of the flag. 

Having every team tied to the flag seems cool at first, but then again it'd be weird if the NY Jets were an orange and blue football team or the Tampa Bay Lightning were red, blue and yellow hockey team.  

You mean if the Tampa Bay Lightning were a white, red, navy blue, yellow, gold,  green, orange, ultramarine blue and royal blue team?
320px-Flag_of_Tampa,_Florida.svg.png320px-Flag_of_St._Petersburg,_Florida.sv

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

15 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

7 years with no success?  They were in Quebec from 1972 to 1995 and were the #1 seed in the 1995 playoffs only to lose to the #8 seed Rangers in the first round of that season’s playoffs.  

The Rockies lasted 7 seasons. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Re: the Rockies, y'all do realize that the fact that their uniforms were in Colorado flag colors was a happy coincidence, right?

I also love how y'all are completely bypassing the fact that the Rockies actually began life as the Kansas City Scouts...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

27 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I also love how y'all are completely bypassing the fact that the Rockies actually began life as the Kansas City Scouts...

I sure didn’t.  It’s ridiculous that NJ is getting a KC Scouts RR and Colorado is getting a RR from the same franchise lineage.  Makes no sense. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

Re: the Rockies, y'all do realize that the fact that their uniforms were in Colorado flag colors was a happy coincidence, right?

I call BS on that.

The Scouts had the color palette first, sure, but you don’t incorporate the flag into both your primary and secondary logos by “happy coincidence.”

• Like 6

Hurricanes Stadium Series inspiration? spacer.png

Someone on the Canes subreddit just posted this picture of a new Stormy logo that appears to be Tuffy-inspired. Given the game is played at State’s football stadium, could this be the direction for the Stadium Series game uniform?

• Like 7

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

10 minutes ago, RollWolfpack said:

Someone on the Canes subreddit just posted this picture of a new Stormy logo that appears to be Tuffy-inspired. Given the game is played at State’s football stadium, could this be the direction for the Stadium Series game uniform?

what if instead of a hog the mascot was an anthropomorphic cane who was in a big rush.....pressed for time......a.....hurry.......................Cane?

Thoughts? Ideas?

• LOL 1

7 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

what if instead of a hog the mascot was an anthropomorphic cane who was in a big rush.....pressed for time......a.....hurry.......................Cane?

Thoughts? Ideas?

This is a really lame joke you just made, so if you take it over to r/canes, the actual team will probably steal it and do it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, O.C.D said:

Thoughts? Ideas?

I am a pretty big hockey fan, and don't know that I ever realized the Hurricanes' mascot was a pig.  Weird.  A "hurried cane" is nice, but I'd prefer the "Harry Kanes":

ZBjhfCh.png

On 8/27/2022 at 9:26 AM, pepis21 said:

Looking at old Expos uniforms white sweaters from 1936 in baby blue would be perfect for Habs.

This makes me wonder if we could see a color flip of their Winter Classic jersey. That used a lighter blue and darker red to great effect.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

20 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I am a pretty big hockey fan, and don't know that I ever realized the Hurricanes' mascot was a pig.  Weird.  A "hurried cane" is nice, but I'd prefer the "Harry Kanes":

ZBjhfCh.png

What about Evander Kane? He seems to be in a hurry to get out of the league

On 8/27/2022 at 11:39 PM, RollWolfpack said:

If it were a Winter Classic I'd say that would be a possibility, but the Stadium Series has always been about using some sort of innovative/modern uniform. My guess is that logo is just meant for merchandise.

Given the switch to black at home, we'll see if they decide to bring back the leaked version from last year, or if they pivot to a red jersey instead.

spacer.png