College Football 2022

Kevin W.

21 hours ago, NH4 said:

Army released their uniforms for the Army/Navy game.

The gradient jersey reminds me of the Atlanta Falcons’ alts

I shouldn't like these but I do. The only part I don't like is the giant star on the right shoulder. I might actually get this jersey because I was attached to 4-2 on deployment.  I wish they had the option to add a number, but they're only available with the number 1. 

#1 Army Black Knights Nike 1st Armored Division Old Ironsides Untouchable Football Jersey - Olive

• Like 8

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/28/2022 at 11:29 AM, NH4 said:

Army released their uniforms for the Army/Navy game.

The gradient jersey reminds me of the Atlanta Falcons’ alts

The gradient isn't bad for a one off, and in this case, it serves a purpose. Nike and Under Armour always do a nice job for Army/Navy. They may not always be the most practical look, but the amount of thought that goes into each look without it being overdone is nice. Each uniform has a clear purpose and inspiration and doesn't try to push too many gimmicks in to do it.

• Like 5

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I know it's a little early for this but...heck ALL THE WAY TO THE YEAH!!!!*

v4J0kGv.jpeg

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football/florida-state-teases-the-return-of-a-fan-favorite-uniform

*if true

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

I know it's a little early for this but...heck ALL THE WAY TO THE YEAH!!!!*

v4J0kGv.jpeg

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football/florida-state-teases-the-return-of-a-fan-favorite-uniform

*if true

I'm all for this - if true - but it seems like an announcement would come before the day of the first game of 2023 season. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, MNtwins3 said:

I really don't get the love for these. They look like early-2000s high school uniforms

Same here. I vastly prefer the current set, though the collar pattern is a bit too detailed. I like the newer pattern and font far more, especially now that they stick to white numbers on the home and garnet on the away. It's an amazing look for Florida State.

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Meanwhile, on the other side...I've never liked Florida State's current sets--well, that's not true. I like the Unconquered font and the new pattern...I just feel that pattern is WAY overused on the jerseys. Left to collar and cuff trim, it'd be cool. As it is, too much. I also like the current spear; far cleaner than the previous. But then there's the color shift that happened, thanks to Nike insisting FSU adopt one of its stock red fabric colors--the current garnet appears too dark and in some instances too purple, and I won't even talk about the "gold". As for the pre-2014 set, they may be plain to some, but they're no less solid. The colors were strong as they were, and of course at the time no one else had the Glades Bold font, so it was FSUs own. 

I guess to summarize: both uniform sets have their strengths. But left with a choice, I'd add the current pattern and spear to the pre-2014 set, go with Glades Bold or Unconquered, I wouldn't trip on either one, but DEFINTIELY keep the old garnet and gold shades and leave it at that.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, 4_tattoos said:

Is the PAC 12 championship being played on the Raiders' grass field or UNLV's turf field?

UNLV's turf field, same as last year.

Both fields use the Raider's yard line numbers though which I find kind of interesting. Looks like the Mountain West logo is still somewhat visible on the 25 too, hopefully they get that out by game time. 

4 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

UNLV's turf field, same as last year.

Both fields use the Raider's yard line numbers though which I find kind of interesting. Looks like the Mountain West logo is still somewhat visible on the 25 too, hopefully they get that out by game time. 

Didn't realize the site changed last year. Until the post earlier I thought it was still being played in Santa Clara 🤷🏿‍♂️

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Just want to drop in a quick note of appreciation to Kansas State. Despite the hiccup in the Ron P era that we will pretend never happened, KSU has never been bullied into switching out of one of the absolute best uniforms in college football. Even today they could have done some stupid monochrome thing or "icy whites" and they went for a look that put TCU's mix-n-match to shame. I'm not against an alternate helmet or pants with the same striping scheme but why mess with perfrction?

spacer.png

• Like 16
  • Love 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

5 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Just want to drop in a quick note of appreciation to Kansas State. Despite the hiccup in the Ron P era that we will pretend never happened, KSU has never been bullied into switching out of one of the absolute best uniforms in college football. Even today they could have done some stupid monochrome thing or "icy whites" and they went for a look that put TCU's mix-n-match to shame. I'm not against an alternate helmet or pants with the same striping scheme but why mess with perfrction?

spacer.png

It will never not be hilarious to me that Kansas State does the Cowboys 1000x better than the actual Cowboys.

• Like 24

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1