2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

9 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The fact that he couldn't even muster a "that's tough", "that's cold", or "that's fire" is a bad sign.

Just once, I'd love to see a player come right out and say a new uniform is crap.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Just once, I'd love to see a player come right out and say a new uniform is crap.

Chris Sale was pretty demonstratively and publicly against the old White Sox collar throwbacks. Even took it to the level of destroying the whole roster’s jerseys so he didn’t have to wear them. 

https://www.gq.com/story/chris-sale-pitcher-uniform-meltdown

• Like 7

14 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Right!? There's a reason why you haven't or wont ever see a guy like Ron Artest Metta Sandiford-Artest, Patrick Beverly or Matt Barnes ever get asked to describe a team's new jerseys.  Their reactions would be too real to share.

• Like 1

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

3 hours ago, FamousAtticus said:

Right!? There's a reason why you haven't or wont ever see a guy like Ron Artest Metta Sandiford-Artest, Patrick Beverly or Matt Barnes ever get asked to describe a team's new jerseys.  Their reactions would be too real to share.

"And it was Barkley who said the uniforms looked like they were designed by his daughter with a crayon."

Ranking the 4 Worst Philadelphia 76ers Uniforms Ever | Bleacher Report |  Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Philadelphia 76Ers Forward Nba Hall Famer Charles Barkley Image Taken –  Stock Editorial Photo © Thousandwords #336591060

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Haha.  That's like asking a music artist what they think about their new album. "Oh, it sucks." Of course they're going to be positive!

More like a band being asked about it’s lead singer. The players aren’t making the jerseys, just wearing them.

enough of this already  the jazz have destroyed whatever brand equity they had built during the sloan/malone/stockton era with all of these color changes and pivoting to the outdoor themes...time to give the name back to the city where it rightfully belongs!

• Like 1

Haha.  That's like asking a music artist what they think about their new album. "Oh, it sucks." Of course they're going to be positive!

The players didn’t have a hand in making the uniforms. I’m sure there are plenty of players who think new uniforms look like crap but will read a script saying otherwise because they are being paid by the team that came up with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, guest23 said:

enough of this already  the jazz have destroyed whatever brand equity they had built during the sloan/malone/stockton era with all of these color changes and pivoting to the outdoor themes...time to give the name back to the city where it rightfully belongs!

5 years in New Orleans... 42-43 in Utah, one could say that the name, while geographically not significant to Utah, has more historical significance with Utah.

Where are the Lakes in Los Angeles? They're an established brand/identity, should they also give up their name because it originated and existed somewhere else for a shorter period than it's current form and location? 🙄

• Applause 6

9 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

5 years in New Orleans... 42-43 in Utah, one could say that the name, while geographically not significant to Utah, has more historical significance with Utah.

Where are the Lakes in Los Angeles? They're an established brand/identity, should they also give up their name because it originated and existed somewhere else for a shorter period than it's current form and location? 🙄

Hey!  We got a few! haha

• Like 3

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

1 hour ago, Haz_Matt said:

How many chips have the lakers won with essentially the same forum blue and gold identity??? Utah hasn't won anything ever and doesn't even want to use the identity as intended. Time to give it back and become 'rockzz.

• Dislike 4

21 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

Pistons are making a slight alteration to their shorts. Hopefully this means the DP logo will be sunset for good.

I miss the flaming horse. That was a serious misstep when they went away from it.

445.gif

• Like 18
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

47 minutes ago, guest23 said:

How many chips have the lakers won with essentially the same forum blue and gold identity??? Utah hasn't won anything ever and doesn't even want to use the identity as intended. Time to give it back and become 'rockzz.

Hey now, they’ve won games sometimes!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

15 minutes ago, kimball said:

I miss the flaming horse. That was a serious misstep when they went away from it.

445.gif

Yeah, I’m not huge on the 313 logo. I’d much rather have a cleaned up version of this on the shorts, warm-up gear, etc. I suppose the 313 logo is an improvement over the various “DP” monograms they’ve used, though.

I also hope they bring back their classic court design over that blue, non-painted lanes boondoggle they used last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

FVUR8hCWAAAMj_J?format=jpg&name=large

Unnecessary change, I'd even say this is a downgrade. DP logo worked perfectly on shorts.

313 on waistband wouldn't be noticeable as much but circle should be red or fill 313 with red because now it look like out of place.

• Like 4

4r2eer.png

38 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Yeah, I’m not huge on the 313 logo. I’d much rather have a cleaned up version of this on the shorts, warm-up gear, etc. I suppose the 313 logo is an improvement over the various “DP” monograms they’ve used, though.

I also hope they bring back their classic court design over that blue, non-painted lanes boondoggle they used last season.

I liked the DP monogram, more than this 313 biker logo. This whole “Embrace Detroit/Look like the Lions” thing has been a turn for the worse.

• Like 1