2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

I don't know why the Celtics haven't wanted to touch the Russell-era classics since the Pierce/KG years. Maybe just making the numbers a hair smaller and switching to a serif block wordmark isn't enough to sell jerseys. But it's a shame they won't use them this year.

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

The uniform itself is clean and nice. I just wish the rockets could do red and yellow and throw back to the first years in Houston. I get that the franchise started in San Diego but there was nothing historical about it. It was 4 seasons of sub .500 play. Most people don't even know that the Rockets started as a San Diego team. I get that by doing this, more people will now know about it. Maybe I'm just frustrated since so many of the Rockets alt/city connect uniforms were mandarin/lunar new years uniforms to capitalize of their popularity in China so here is another uniform that has zero history or connection to Houston.

One other reason. They're retiring Elvin Hayes number and he played for both cities. First game with the set will be is his ceremony.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, MrAstrodome said:

One other reason. They're retiring Elvin Hayes number and he played for both cities. First game with the set will be is his ceremony.

It feels like somewhat of a shame that Big E's #44 isn't hanging in the rafters in Houston considering he starred at Univ. of Houston as well. Sure he never lead them to much of anything during his playing days, but without Coach Fitch playing a 38-year-old Hayes the Rockets weren't getting Hakeem with that #1 pick.

• Like 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Just to correct the record, when I first saw these jerseys 2 years ago:

11 hours ago, tantheman said:

spacer.png

I could only find them in that photoshoot and only found the shorts here in some actual game footage/documentation:

12 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

a5859812f18abe06895920b88e0bfefeebe189c4

So I assumed they were just used for promotions or for a preseason/exhibition game. But then after digging a bit more when the Rockets announced the new classic, I found this program as well:

11 hours ago, eRay said:

spacer.png

So the best I could figure out was that it was just a variation of the home jersey that they wore during the 1967/68 season. The rockets had a few of those variation jerseys during the 60's which were like alternate versions of their home and road jerseys. Not a lot of quality control and consistency during those times.

(Also, sorry to cross promote but the correction is up on my website too if you guys are interested)

• Like 4

spacer.png

18 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Love this, especially on the white.  I'd like these colors full time.

I do like the black, red, orange combo, but I'm not a fan of that jersey. The amount of outlines on the numbers is ridiculous.

8 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Third court in last three seasons. It seems to be a start of new tradition that Mavs change their court before every season.

i think this will be a court that will be associated with the Statement uniform. one of the endlines uses the same wordmark.

13 hours ago, eibram said:

Just to correct the record, when I first saw these jerseys 2 years ago:

I could only find them in that photoshoot and only found the shorts here in some actual game footage/documentation:

So I assumed they were just used for promotions or for a preseason/exhibition game. But then after digging a bit more when the Rockets announced the new classic, I found this program as well:

So the best I could figure out was that it was just a variation of the home jersey that they wore during the 1967/68 season. The rockets had a few of those variation jerseys during the 60's which were like alternate versions of their home and road jerseys. Not a lot of quality control and consistency during those times.

(Also, sorry to cross promote but the correction is up on my website too if you guys are interested)

Like I stated on the previous page, these seemed to be preseason only - I've found no evidence they were worn in the regular season after combing through 1000s of photos. If you've got anything to the contrary, I'd love to see it - I've spent the last 30-odd years researching NBA uniforms and I'm still finding new stuff!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I will fight tooth and nail that this was the best version of the Nuggets. Only had it for 2-3 years (I think) but it nailed exactly how to have a gold/powder/navy aesthetic while ensuring all three chromatic dance partners hit their steps.

9013936-will-barton-gary-harris-nba-los-

I've never been a fan of mismatched numbers but this was definitely the nicest color balance in the powder/navy/gold era. Unfortunately the Nuggets continue to use mismatched front numbers 🙃

• Like 1

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 9/1/2022 at 1:46 AM, pepis21 said:

Third court in last three seasons. It seems to be a start of new tradition that Mavs change their court before every season.

That seems to be the case for most teams. San Antonio has at least two courts and I'd expect a different court when they play at the Alamodome in January.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, Conrad. said:

i think this will be a court that will be associated with the Statement uniform. one of the endlines uses the same wordmark.

They used this wordmark on last season court too.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That seems to be the case for most teams. San Antonio has at least two courts and I'd expect a different court when they play at the Alamodome in January.

But those are city/classic courts and Mavs change their regular one with of all them being radically different from each other.

4r2eer.png

On 2022-09-01 at 11:02 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I will fight tooth and nail that this was the best version of the Nuggets. Only had it for 2-3 years (I think) but it nailed exactly how to have a gold/powder/navy aesthetic while ensuring all three chromatic dance partners hit their steps.

I think it was two years for this, and then only one year for the variant with a navy away jersey (which is ridiculous, but). I agree that this was better thanks to the merciful replacement of Aachen Bold and the needed inclusion of a dark color in the scheme. But I also think there were too many outlines going on, and the color jerseys would've been improved by deleting white entirely (a la the 00s alternate).