Super Bowl LVII logo

Cujo

I’m 99.9999% certain they’re just placeholders and the real things will be closer to the LVI look, but is it sad that I also wouldn’t be surprised if they ever were real? I haven’t been able to help but set the lowest of low expectations for NFL event branding for a long while.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Placeholders or not, I actually kinda like them. They would look nice as a rubberized patch on the jerseys. They’re understated, the Roman numerals with the touch of the metallic effect are just about right, IMO.

If we are going to be standardized logos, they finally figured out how to do it right. Glad to have some color and personality in the logos. Although, I still don't think the Lombardi needs to be in there. But I like it. 

iq5b7nF.png

Nice color. It would be good to see the version of the logo without the extra effects (reflection of the background on the trophy) to see what the logo will actually look like on promotional material.

Having the L out in front of the trophy, then the trophy out in front of VII does make it a little awkward, but I see the reasoning behind it. with the LVI logo, the numerals were semi transparent, therefore you'd see  the trophy through them. With these numerals, there's no seeing through them, so they tried tucking the logo in the empty space behind the L, but then in front of the V to avoid too much of the trophy being covered. I think they could have done that better, but man, the rest of the color in the logo looks fantastic. With the game next year being in the late afternoon sunlight, on grass, it should look great on the field. Hopefully some colorful endzones go with it.

I love it. Perfect Arizona colors. Vibrant and bold while still maintaining the desert feel. We've been asking for Super Bowl logos with personality for years and these last 2 have delivered imo - depth not withstanding. It's about time that Super Bowl logo reveals are fun again. And this template can lend itself to some pretty cool looks, while maintaining the consistent 'Super Bowl' brand that they've been driving at. I might start being able to remember who played in what Super Bowl again by just looking at the logo!

Also - was I the only one who was awed by how perfectly detailed the SB logo looked yesterday? How they made it like 2 yards wider on each side and how basically no matter where you were on the field you could see a logo? I thought it was creative branding by the league. And that field was so vivid in pictures and on TV.

Archived