2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

When the Bengals unveiled their new uniforms last year, I was pretty convinced that the away jersey/set was custom made for the white tiger helmet whenever it would be introduced. I was a little disappointed to see the just brought back the old Color Rush. I think the newer set looks a lot sleeker, whether it be because its simpler, or the font fits a bit better, or whatever that reason is. I'm just not 100% sold on that Color Rush set when the current all white would do the same thing, but better.

I mean, this:

FXof3BuVsAEtuHY?format=jpg&name=900x900

Looks better overall IMO than this:

1428858834-850x560.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

10 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

I thought this might’ve been the game the Raiders wear silver numbers. Not sure when that might be now. They already played at the Chargers and didn’t. Maybe Christmas Eve at Pittsburgh.

They usually only wear it during primetime game so it will either be TNF against the Rams or Christmas Eve against the Steelers. The rare exception was 2020 when they played the Chargers in an afternoon game.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

6 hours ago, Froob said:

We’re never getting Pats silver pants again, are we?

My guess is those are for primetime. The Pats have four straight primetime games in a row now, but three are on the road and the home one is a throwbacks game. Maybe we saw the silver pants on the road? 

The Pats could get one of their last two home games flexed to primetime. They play Cincinnati on Christmas Eve and Miami on new Year's Day, either one of those could get moved later depending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

They usually only wear it during primetime game so it will either be TNF against the Rams or Christmas Eve against the Steelers. The rare exception was 2020 when they played the Chargers in an afternoon game.

If it's the Rams game then it's just another appearance at Sofi, albeit instead of the Chargers it's against the Rams.

The Steelers game would be pretty late. I also wouldn't rule out a home game for its appearance.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

This is the best possible matchup between the Chargers and Chiefs IMO. Also one of the best possible matchups across the whole league.

NFL on NBC selling a lot of color TVs tonight. Looks good!

• Like 3

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

4 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

When the Bengals unveiled their new uniforms last year, I was pretty convinced that the away jersey/set was custom made for the white tiger helmet whenever it would be introduced. I was a little disappointed to see the just brought back the old Color Rush. I think the newer set looks a lot sleeker, whether it be because its simpler, or the font fits a bit better, or whatever that reason is. I'm just not 100% sold on that Color Rush set when the current all white would do the same thing, but better.

I mean, this:

FXof3BuVsAEtuHY?format=jpg&name=900x900

Looks better overall IMO than this:

1428858834-850x560.jpeg

This was their exact thought. It clearly was made specifically for this, but the ever cryptic rules which surround color rush meant that they couldn’t designate a new “color rush” until next year because apparently their current all-whites with the normal helmet was designated such a year ago. So they brought up the old color rush for it because it technically didn’t get bumped out of its alternate slot when they changed their other three jerseys. I think it’s designated now as a normal alternate that happens to be all white so maybe next year they can wear it with their current whites as intended, though I don’t know if designating the white helmet to their old now-normal alternate “color rush” started a new timer for when the new helmet can be designated to a different uniform. I don’t know, color rush is literally a make believe concept that the league decided is an integral part of uniform rotations in the most important sports enterprise in America for some reason. I don’t know.

50 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

This is the best possible matchup between the Chargers and Chiefs IMO. Also one of the best possible matchups across the whole league.

People are still waiting for blue over yellow vs white over red to come out, and it will since I don’t see either of these teams changing any time soon. Though every matchup between them so far has still been pinch perfect regardless, and will continue to be as long as the Chargers don’t go color rush (and they will).

1273779567.0.jpg
USATSI_17371375.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

usa_today_19051243.5.jpg
DC5-F5902-1-B90-439-B-B45-B-8-F0-ABCCD87

• Love 8

24 minutes ago, Froob said:

Thankful chargers don’t have blue pants, they don’t even have a bad possible combination.

They do have multiple uniforms that have shades of blue pants. I assume you mean the powder jerseys though, although I think a white over powder look would be solid.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Froob said:

Thankful chargers don’t have blue pants, they don’t even have a bad possible combination.

Honestly think that blue pants would look good for the Chargers, but I vastly prefer white and gold pants, mainly due to historical precedent. It'd be a solid look, but not nearly as beautiful as white or gold pants. Glad they stuck with what they have but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing blue pants in action just to know what they look like.

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

58 minutes ago, Froob said:

Are there rumors they actually have them right now?

Other than the mothership’s initial article following the unveiling stating they had gold pants, there hasn’t been much of any evidence regarding their existence. They do exist in Madden, if that’s anything.

• Like 2

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

Other than the mothership’s initial article following the unveiling stating they had gold pants, there hasn’t been much of any evidence regarding their existence. They do exist in Madden, if that’s anything.

While I don't play Madden, I think it's been said that they blindly pull from the style guides (hence the Bears orange pants that we never saw hit the field) so it's entirely possible that they do exist... but only in digital / ink form (for now.)  I do think that there would have been more chatter about it from our members that have access to those guides, but maybe nobody really cared?  Either way, they'd look much better with them if they did exist - would be an improvement over their white pants, and I'd probably suggest that they ditch the white pants altogether.

Other than the Browns, has there been a recent case of a team with a new set unveiling new pants mid-way through the first season?  It would be odd for sure, but not impossible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."