2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

17 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Always this option...

usatsi_13580055.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

They have to wear red socks with this one to really make it work, and so far they haven't (which is weird...because technically they could). 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, Indigo said:

Unpopular opinion, but this uniform is much better than the classics. Remove the logo from the sleeve and you've got what i believe San Fran should be wearing. It makes good use of the black in the logo, combines the fan-favorite throwbacks with the iconic, recognizable classic look.

I love these:

ap_browns_garcia_2501319.jpg?w=1000&h=60650584.jpeg

I think what really did it in was the shading on the sleeve stripes. You add that to outlining and drop shadow in three color numbers plus 5 stripes pant stripes (which don't match the helmet) and it just becomes too much clutter. If they went with plain mono color sleeve stripes or used the NW stripe from the pants alla the Lions of that era, they could've really had a look that stuck.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Indigo said:

Unpopular opinion, but this uniform is much better than the classics. Remove the logo from the sleeve and you've got what i believe San Fran should be wearing. It makes good use of the black in the logo, combines the fan-favorite throwbacks with the iconic, recognizable classic look.

I love these:

ap_browns_garcia_2501319.jpg?w=1000&h=60650584.jpeg

The only good use of the black in the logo is not having anywhere else on the uniform. See also: Chiefs

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

56 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

The only good use of the black in the logo is not having anywhere else on the uniform. See also: Chiefs

The Chiefs use it as an outline only to distingush the shape when on a white background. The 49ers designed the oval with black in it.

• Like 1

Alright, we get it. It’s black and white. Strangely, this is also the combo that they initially announced for their game at KC earlier in the season, but they wound up in black socks anyways, which is what I would have expected to be their preferred road look for the big stage.

• Like 1
  • Hate 1

Really, Jags? This combo hasn't been worn since their Week 10 loss at......Kansas City. Plus they've been crushing it in the teal pants lately. What a serious letdown.

I was even half-convinced I'd be cool with them sticking with this uniform design going forward if they were gonna regularly wear the teal pants on the road, but a big stage like this would indicate that they still value the boring, teal-less white over black combo.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I'm totally fine with this look. It actually feels pretty close to their old away look with black pants (minus the number outlines) so for me it feels very Jaguars.

spacer.png

This was after a random move from teal to black road numbers and a decision to take the stripes off the black pants. I don't think there's even a plurality of Jacksonville fans who preferred this move, which basically sucked all of the teal out of the uniform. This look never felt like the Jaguars to me, nor does the new set when they don't wear teal jerseys, pants or socks

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

This was after a random move from teal to black road numbers and a decision to take the stripes off the black pants. I don't think there's even a plurality of Jacksonville fans who preferred this move, which basically sucked all of the teal out of the uniform. This look never felt like the Jaguars to me, nor does the new set when they don't wear teal jerseys, pants or socks

That move wasn't random in the least; it was 100% deliberate, at the behest of one J. Wayne Weaver, former owner, who apparently abhorred the teal. The abhorrence first manifested in '03, picked up in '05 with the removal of the stripes on the black pants—and carried over into the away look in the '09 redesign (that i keep trying to forget ever existed, except the current wordmark is a modified holdover from that era, so...). You're also correct that most of the Jags fans didn't particularly care for it—I know I sure didn't.  Enter Khan, and with him, more of an emphasis on the "Black and Teal" marketing thing that's persisted ever since. 

Since we're on this, I've actually convinced myself to accept the reality of a black primary jersey IF they decide to keep to only teal pants home and away, with black pants under teal jerseys as alts (as I stated in a previous post). I'm actually planning to write a personal-penned letter to the organization advocating for just that; if any of y'all wanna co-sign this thing with me, just let me know.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

Enter Khan, and with him, more of an emphasis on the "Black and Teal" marketing thing that's persisted ever since. 

If I recall correctly, Khan didn’t like the teal early on, either. Initially, the 2013 redesign really pushed forward the black & gold in their color scheme (see: the helmet). I remember reading that black & gold was the direction Khan wanted to take the team, although I don’t know the accuracy of those claims.

Even with the 2018 redesign, of course, they started off with black primary jerseys, and only switched to teal primaries after fan outcry made it clear that’s what the people wanted. Had they not made the switch, they could have easily worn combos that barely showcased any teal for at least 80% of their games. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Every time Jacksonville wears a uniform without teal as a base of any garment they should get fined by the league. 

But you forgot that the swooshes on the uniforms are teal. 

• Dislike 1

On 1/17/2023 at 12:46 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

49ers-Cowboys is the best uniform matchup in sports. 

Red against Blue 

Gold against Silver

Similar uniform elements that emphasize the contrast

Actually I'd say Michigan (home) vs. Ohio State (away) is the best matchup in sports, but for the same reason. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MJD7 said:

If I recall correctly, Khan didn’t like the teal early on, either. Initially, the 2013 redesign really pushed forward the black & gold in their color scheme (see: the helmet). I remember reading that black & gold was the direction Khan wanted to take the team, although I don’t know the accuracy of those claims.

Even with the 2018 redesign, of course, they started off with black primary jerseys, and only switched to teal primaries after fan outcry made it clear that’s what the people wanted. Had they not made the switch, they could have easily worn combos that barely showcased any teal for at least 80% of their games. 

Oh yeah, that's right—initially Super Mario did want to go the black and gold route...but fan outroar led him to backtrack on that. That is, though, in part how we ended up with *those* helmets...and now, mostly thanks to Tom Coughlin (who also thankfully is now long gone), they're back to black and teal, and nary a trace of gold apart from the logos. 

I tell ya, that team has gone through some weird branding cycles...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

I still think Jacksonville should have gone with a gold helmet, an re-emphasized the teal jerseys. 

I saw a concept with a teal helmet and gold face mask that I loved. Would be a unique look. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

19 hours ago, flyersfan said:

https://twitter.com/jaguarsuniforms/status/1615777280545931264?s=46&t=h5GEjLcIP5iPseLgeYolIQ

not bad! Wishing for teal but this is alright! White socks!

How can they have a "usual" road playoff look when they've never made the playoffs in these uniforms?

• LOL 6

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃