2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

I’m surprised Cincinnati has yet to do a white/white with orange socks with this current uniform iteration. They can use the white pants with orange stripes to bring the whole it together.

Regarding Dallas, the last time they had a matching set of primary road and home uniforms was the 1980 season. How difficult is it to translate that uniform to a modern template? With today’s technology, they can take the silver from the pants and apply it to the helmets (as seen with the Vikings, Rams, and Giants). 
Heck, they can even just have solid blue socks since almost no one likes wearing striped socks these days.

spacer.png

• Like 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I actually like the Eagles black jersey, I just hate it with the black pants. It's a nice alternate look with white pants.

What I really want to see is them wear the black jersey with the midnight green pants again. They haven't done it since 2003 and 2004. Both times they just so happened to wear it against the 49ers and Bengals. That's quite a coincidence.

NIE764T6R5EGTL2J7EE6RPSZDY.jpg

the-49ers-tony-parrish-33-intercepts-a-p

lovw96fp6czzzaroyobi.jpg

Also want to give a shoutout to the all midnight green, I also liked that.

philadelphia-eagles-uniform-colors.jpg

The all black sucks though. If there's no green for the Eagles then they look wrong and stupid.

• Like 8
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, reds90 said:

Bengals so far have worn the same exact combo they wore in each round of last year's playoffs.  

Makes you wonder who's more likely to force them into black/white between the Eagles or the Niners if they make it to the Super Bowl.

Philly could easily wear green/white and ride the superstition of their SB LII victory whereas SF doesn't have any superstition to worry about since they wore regular home and road jerseys in both their SB losses/most recent appearances. 

• Like 3

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

3 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Philly could easily wear green/white and ride the superstition of their SB LII victory whereas SF doesn't have any superstition to worry about since they wore regular home and road jerseys in both their SB losses/most recent appearances. 

Is it superstition to wear your home uniform if you're the home team?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Is it superstition to wear your home uniform if you're the home team?  

Most teams just wear the jersey they're expected to wear. The Cowboys are expected to wear white, so they will wear white if they're home. The rarity is wearing white such as the Steelers and (I think) Bucs did. Pretty Sure New England did in SB20 as well. But that was because they made deep runs playing only on the road and wanted to keep the same uniforms they wore all playoffs long.

• Huh? 1

16 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Most teams just wear the jersey they're expected to wear. The Cowboys are expected to wear white, so they will wear white if they're home. The rarity is wearing white such as the Steelers and (I think) Bucs did. Pretty Sure New England did in SB20 as well. But that was because they made deep runs playing only on the road and wanted to keep the same uniforms they wore all playoffs long.

Dallas in every SB since VI because they're white-at-home

Washington in XVII because they were white-at-home

Pittsburgh in XL because they played every game on the road

Denver in 50 because they were 0-4 in orange in the SB

New England in LII because...?

Tampa in LV because.. they won 2/3 playoff games in white? They wanted to be white at home??

17 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

New England wore red in Super Bowl XX.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Dallas in every SB since VI because they're white-at-home

Washington in XVII because they were white-at-home

Pittsburgh in XL because they played every game on the road

Denver in 50 because they were 0-4 in orange in the SB

New England in LII because...?

Tampa in LV because.. they won 2/3 playoff games in white? They wanted to be white at home??

Perhaps someone remembers better, but I don't seem to recall the Bucs giving a solid reason for wearing white?  I figured it was partially since they tend to be about 50/50 white/red for their home jerseys (not counting alternates) -- consult the Gridiron Uniform Database to confirm the ratios  -- and partially since Brady was there, and he was with the Pats when they chose to wear white for LII, and won in white for the other three 2010s Super Bowls, so perhaps he wanted to keep the white jersey thing going with Tampa Bay.

• Like 3

On 1/24/2023 at 11:35 AM, Pigskin12 said:
Why would they choose black jersey photos for this graphic?

They've confirmed their usual green over white.

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/26/2023 at 9:46 PM, hofflalu said:

Perhaps someone remembers better, but I don't seem to recall the Bucs giving a solid reason for wearing white?  I figured it was partially since they tend to be about 50/50 white/red for their home jerseys (not counting alternates) -- consult the Gridiron Uniform Database to confirm the ratios  -- and partially since Brady was there, and he was with the Pats when they chose to wear white for LII, and won in white for the other three 2010s Super Bowls, so perhaps he wanted to keep the white jersey thing going with Tampa Bay.

This doesn’t explain why the Bucs would then wear white at home for all playoff games the next two years. Brady’s Patriots never did this besides the Super Bowl.

• Dislike 1