2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

On 1/18/2023 at 8:20 PM, tBBP said:

J. Wayne Weaver, former owner, who apparently abhorred the teal.

I never understood this. As if he walked in on it. He started the team!

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

I never understood this. As if he walked in on it. He started the team!

He seemed really thrilled with teal when he held up the leaping jaguar jersey

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

53 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

He seemed really thrilled with teal when he held up the leaping jaguar jersey

Methinks that thrill was more so the jersey representing the manifestation of Jacksonville even having won that expansion bid in the first place, given the 20-year buildup to that point and all the dominoes that had to fall (through in some instances *cough*St. Louis*cough*) for them to win it. That jersey probably could have been bright magenta, they still would have been thrilled.

And interestingly enough, the teal color was actually the idea of Weaver's wife (stop me if you've heard this before). That it and black just happened to be two of the "three colors of the '90s" (purple being the other, which as we saw went to Baltimore, and most likely would have gone to them or St. Louis even if either had won the '93 bid) was a most timely coincidence...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

48 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Methinks that thrill was more so the jersey representing the manifestation of Jacksonville even having won that expansion bid in the first place, given the 20-year buildup to that point and all the dominoes that had to fall (through in some instances *cough*St. Louis*cough*) for them to win it. That jersey probably could have been bright magenta, they still would have been thrilled.

And interestingly enough, the teal color was actually the idea of Weaver's wife (stop me if you've heard this before). That it and black just happened to be two of the "three colors of the '90s" (purple being the other, which as we saw went to Baltimore, and most likely would have gone to them or St. Louis even if either had won the '93 bid) was a most timely coincidence...

Fair…but you have to think he, too, had some input on the color of it, no? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Man would those teal pants would look nice right now. NBC broadcasts are so sharp and something about that late afternoon start time really creates a cool atmosphere. It’s just a shame the Jags look so bland.

You can count this as an unpopular opinion. I liked the Jaguars mustard uniform they wore for the color rush. It went well with the helmet they had at the time.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 2
  • Huh? 1

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

The lone issue for the Chiefs is that at least 50% of their guys aren't wearing the right socks.

It's all of it  kelce's shoes looked stupid. It's absurd that grown men can't wear the proper socks.

The all white socks the eagles are wearing suck, but atleast everyone (so far I've seen) is wearing them, so it looks uniform.

Update: 94 on eagles defense is lone jackass wearing all black socks.

So, I think I have to admit I can tolerate the Eagles wearing white socks instead of black. 

As much as it runs counter to my general feelings towards this fad, because the Eagles logo and helmet design is so white-heavy, the white socks kind of work. 

Not as good as the normal attire, but it’s just not bothering me like it has with other teams

• Dislike 4

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

So, I think I have to admit I can tolerate the Eagles wearing white socks instead of black. 

As much as it runs counter to my general feelings towards this fad, because the Eagles logo and helmet design is so white-heavy, the white socks kind of work. 

Not as good as the normal attire, but it’s just not bothering me like it has with other teams

To me, it wasn't that bad because 98% of the team played along. Had it been more like the Chiefs it would have a mess. I can tolerate a team choosing atypical sock choice as long as everyone is wearing the same socks.

I hope the Bills lose solely because they’re wearing all-blue. This uniform combo  needs to become cursed so that they stop wearing. They have a really good home look. I fail to understand why they keep wearing that combo. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC