2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

44 minutes ago, bobt said:

100% Miami wears white pants vs New England Week 1. 90+ degrees, and hardly ever wear the aqua pants with white jerseys at home in the last 5-10 years.

Yup. Adam Gase was the only recent coach who had them wear white over aqua pants at home at all.

On 8/26/2022 at 7:08 PM, NFLfan10 said:

I think the same can be said about the Rams wearing sol/yellow bottoms on opening night.

One that I think should maybe be TBD is Houston. We’ve seen them wear navy socks or pants in the Liberty White home opener in recent seasons.

it's a coin flip at this point. Though for the twentieth season, it would be nice if they throw it back....

NTDcXdAl.jpg

• Like 8

Going to rant here.

Many teams we can all guess with 99% accuracy. I do feel the Bears will go with Navy over white, but nothing is announced yet, it is a new HC so who knows how that person thinks and the team has worn all navy (beside the Color rush) in the last 5 years so until it is confirmed as to what they will wear it is TBD. I also feel in week 1 the Cardinals go red over white, KC goes white over red and Seattle goes all navy like they typically do at home, Miami will likely be in white over white but will the socks be aqua or white? Let’s face it all these teams have options and until announced could use those other options.

Some teams don't have options to their standard dark and white sets. Packers will be either Green over Yellow or White over yellow aside from the alt. They only have one pant and one sock outside the alt. If Giants aren’t wearing either of their alts they have one navy and one white look. Same with the Steelers and 49ers. If no Alt one dark and one white option. Pretty much true for the Colts too aside from the alts although they have been playing loose with socks the last few years. Some time solid, sometimes mid calf.

I don’t understand suddenly why the graphics I take the time to make and initially post impact if a person can state their thoughts or opinions prior to the game/announcement taking place. Why did having an actual combo posted mean people can state their opinion as to what it will be worn but if a TBD is posted then people suddenly can’t have an opinion on the match-ups but only on how I should post. It takes just as much time to post your thoughts on the match-ups as it does to give your commentary on what I should post.

Months before any games are played or match-ups posted once the schedule is announced and the thread is started people post their predictions for their team’s schedule for every week of the season, but now suddenly b/c TBDs are posted during the season it is preventing people from stating their opinion on games but instead on what I should post. Everyone can just as easily post which combo they feel will be worn instead of their opinion on the thread. I’d post a combo in the past and then update it when needed, and now I update the TBDs. What is the difference?

As I stated before predictions are not the intent of this also the post is the News section of the board and predictions aren’t news… what is actually worn each week is news/informative. If you all want just a prediction thread then go post one in the General discussion section.

This is all coming across as people saying to me “You are taking your time and effort to do all this work but it isn’t the way I want or like it so I’m going to complain about what you post instead of what I feel the match-up will be.” This self-serving, entitled, millennial mentality of this isn’t what I want so I’ll just complain is exhausting.

The numbers aren’t right, the TBDs aren’t what I want, etc, etc. Take a step back people and look at how you are all coming across. I hate how society has just turned into let me complain if things aren’t exactly the way I want it or like it even though I’m not doing the work.

If the complaining on this continues this will be the last season I spend my time, effort, and energy doing any of this. Thanks to everyone who helped ruin something I once enjoyed as a distraction from everyday life.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Huh? 3

1 hour ago, canzman said:

Going to rant here.

Many teams we can all guess with 99% accuracy. I do feel the Bears will go with Navy over white, but nothing is announced yet, it is a new HC so who knows how that person thinks and the team has worn all navy (beside the Color rush) in the last 5 years so until it is confirmed as to what they will wear it is TBD. I also feel in week 1 the Cardinals go red over white, KC goes white over red and Seattle goes all navy like they typically do at home, Miami will likely be in white over white but will the socks be aqua or white? Let’s face it all these teams have options and until announced could use those other options.

Some teams don't have options to their standard dark and white sets. Packers will be either Green over Yellow or White over yellow aside from the alt. They only have one pant and one sock outside the alt. If Giants aren’t wearing either of their alts they have one navy and one white look. Same with the Steelers and 49ers. If no Alt one dark and one white option. Pretty much true for the Colts too aside from the alts although they have been playing loose with socks the last few years. Some time solid, sometimes mid calf.

I don’t understand suddenly why the graphics I take the time to make and initially post impact if a person can state their thoughts or opinions prior to the game/announcement taking place. Why did having an actual combo posted mean people can state their opinion as to what it will be worn but if a TBD is posted then people suddenly can’t have an opinion on the match-ups but only on how I should post. It takes just as much time to post your thoughts on the match-ups as it does to give your commentary on what I should post.

Months before any games are played or match-ups posted once the schedule is announced and the thread is started people post their predictions for their team’s schedule for every week of the season, but now suddenly b/c TBDs are posted during the season it is preventing people from stating their opinion on games but instead on what I should post. Everyone can just as easily post which combo they feel will be worn instead of their opinion on the thread. I’d post a combo in the past and then update it when needed, and now I update the TBDs. What is the difference?

As I stated before predictions are not the intent of this also the post is the News section of the board and predictions aren’t news… what is actually worn each week is news/informative. If you all want just a prediction thread then go post one in the General discussion section.

This is all coming across as people saying to me “You are taking your time and effort to do all this work but it isn’t the way I want or like it so I’m going to complain about what you post instead of what I feel the match-up will be.” This self-serving, entitled, millennial mentality of this isn’t what I want so I’ll just complain is exhausting.

The numbers aren’t right, the TBDs aren’t what I want, etc, etc. Take a step back people and look at how you are all coming across. I hate how society has just turned into let me complain if things aren’t exactly the way I want it or like it even though I’m not doing the work.

If the complaining on this continues this will be the last season I spend my time, effort, and energy doing any of this. Thanks to everyone who helped ruin something I once enjoyed as a distraction from everyday life.

If I were emperor, you'd be able to post these in a locked thread for posterity's sake. I enjoy the look for capturing a glance at the week. I hate the constant predictions (it has only served to increase the numbers of ignored posters that I have).

I completely recognize that I am one who has 'groused' about the numbers used. When I first did it, I hoped that I clearly stated it was 'all in good fun'. The more recent issue should have been let to die sooner than it was.

• Like 7

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, canzman said:

Going to rant here.

I love what you have been doing here @canzman

• Like 4

gee- sorry. I was posting what I have seen in the past as an almost certain lock. I have been a fan of the Miami Dolphins since 1977-watching every game I have had the ability to see. I have been to many games  at the 2 stadiums they have played in. I am not an entitled millennial, just a fan expressing myself. I can guarantee that I will not be contributing any more to this subject as I don't need the aggravation.

Carry on with all the TBD you wish.🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

oh god...seriously, canzman?

Ya did a thing with the stupid TBD and it didn't take with the majority of the sub so instead of just STOP doing it...you climb on a soapbox and give a old man, get off my yard, tongue lashing. Blaming "millennials?" I'm 44 and this is some of THE dumbest 💩 I've ever read here.

ironic that's your stance when you come off sounding more like a petulant child than anybody else has. People have no interest in seeing a giant TBD across the uniforms and you have a temper tantrum.

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

I love what you have been doing here @canzman

Everybody does, or did. The response to a small, tiny, criticism is asinine.

• Like 13
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, tohasbo said:

I 1000% miss this look for Houston.  They should have never ditched this look

I've grown to not like looks like these, usually when the socks are a color that doesn't match the jersey or helmet (would prefer white/striped socks or even same color socks) but because the numbers are the same color as the socks it works.

• Like 2

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

2 hours ago, FSUViking said:

Everybody does, or did. The response to a small, tiny, criticism is asinine.

I wouldn't even call it criticism. We simply communicated that we love the way it has always been on here and don't understand why it had to change. It was more of a suggestion than anything. Most people who provide any kind of feedback start by saying they appreciate his work anyway. I doubt anyone expected a reaction like this over something we were clearly going to acknowledge was different. I personally wouldn't have made any comment if I knew it would be perceived this way. I enjoy this thread very much during the season, so if this is the way canzman wants to do it, I can respect that, though I will miss scrolling through the full matchups on Monday mornings.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

8 hours ago, NeauXone said:

I've grown to not like looks like these, usually when the socks are a color that doesn't match the jersey or helmet (would prefer white/striped socks or even same color socks) but because the numbers are the same color as the socks it works.

I cant really think of too many examples of this, though I do recall this one which Im still not sure that I didn’t just dream.

FE6-CD1-AF-A0-E7-4-EF6-8-E37-F8-ADCEDBC5

• Like 1

They really had to choose the Texans again for the throwback game?

Bears1GettyImages-1291074135.jpg?quality

I would've preferred the Lions game in Week 10. They have worn navy vs. Detroit every year since 2011. Plus, this would have prevented an 8 week stretch of no navy jerseys, which is not something anyone would've expected from this franchise.

One interesting thing I noticed is that the full article includes the pant colors, and Week 18 vs. Minnesota will be all-navy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Examples off the top of my head...

spacer.png

Ha, never knew the Dolphins tried orange socks. I’ve been thinking for awhile that the Bills would be perfect if they went back to using red socks like that. They’ll always look sort of incomplete if either the helmet, socks, or both arent red.

Screw it, the Texans could use red socks full-time with both of their primary looks too. They would look remiscent of the Texas flag, similar to the French national team looking like theirs.

France.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto=we

• Like 4