2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

2 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

I can understand not wanting to rehash memories of a super bowl where they got trounced, but against the Lions for the third time since throwbacks even became a thing? That’s :censored:ing ridiculous. I’ll never understand what it is about these teams picking the same teams to wear alts against over and over, especially uncommon nonconference opponents.  Wonder if the Lions will counter with their throwbacks for a THIRD TIME.

It's been like 12 years since the last time it happened though

• Like 2

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

4 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

I can understand not wanting to rehash memories of a super bowl where they got trounced, but against the Lions for the third time since throwbacks even became a thing? That’s :censored:ing ridiculous. I’ll never understand what it is about these teams picking the same teams to wear alts against over and over, especially uncommon nonconference opponents.  Wonder if the Lions will counter with their throwbacks for a THIRD TIME.

It's almost as if the teams don't care.

[Narrator: they don't care]

• Like 5

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, NeauXone said:

It's been like 12 years since the last time it happened though

Sure, but isn’t it just weird that literally every single time they’ve played against the Lions when the red throwback was available they’ve worn it? That more than 40% of the games in which they’ve ever worn the red throwback are against the Lions (not counting the AFL legacy games they didn’t get to choose)? Yeah yeah, the teams don’t choose their unis based on any sort of weird little rules that we come up with around here, and the first two were thanksgiving, but the third is just a boggling fixation on putting it against one team that you have no history with.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

17 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

Sure, but isn’t it just weird that literally every single time they’ve played against the Lions when the red throwback was available they’ve worn it? That more than 40% of the games in which they’ve ever worn the red throwback are against the Lions (not counting the AFL legacy games they didn’t get to choose)? Yeah yeah, the teams don’t choose their unis based on any sort of weird little rules that we come up with around here, and the first two were thanksgiving, but the third is just a boggling fixation on putting it against one team that you have no history with.

As much as I wish teams thought this way and looked back at previous matchups, it’s got to be a coincidence in most of these cases. The thought process was probably something like “Let’s wear it for that rivalry prime time game in Week 13 and then let’s pick a game earlier in the season. Let’s wear our regular uniforms for the home opener and then throwback the following game” (which in this case happens to be the Lions)

23 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Steelers are going to retire Francis Harris' number in the game against the Raiders. Would this game be good for the color rush? 

I would imagine the Steelers would wear throwbacks but they haven't worn them in 2 seasons for some reason. I don't know if they were discontinued or not.

EDIT: This is on the Gridiron Uniform Database. Not sure how true this is.

2022_PIT_D3.png

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Steelers are going to retire Francis Harris' number in the game against the Raiders. Would this game be good for the color rush? 

They should wear their throwbacks that game imo

Watch Katt Williams: Woke Foke | Netflix Official Site

On 9/5/2022 at 10:47 AM, smarisca03 said:

I know I might be in a minority but I think the Rams should keep the bone pants it works well with the blue jerseys

Hell yeah brother. It's a sweet uniform set.

• Dislike 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think it's a common assumption at this point that the Falcons red pants don't exist (which is good), but I am eager to see if they ever mix in red socks, which were also part of the unveil. 

I think they would look amazing paired with black pants, home or road, or used to break up the leotard look if they wear black-on-black, which I am sure they will a couple of times like they did last season. 

Also, wild card, but I still heard through people connected to the organization that the entire gradient uniform was built around the idea of having a red helmet by 2022, and that the red shell would serve as the canvas for an alternate with a decal-swap, much like what Dallas has done with their white helmet this season.  Not looking like that is going to be a thing, but who knows? Wonder if teams could tinker within these guard rails mid-season, or if everything we've seen so far is what we are going to get.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nuordr said:

What could the Browns be unveiling? 

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/sneak-peek-new-browns-uniforms-coming-soon

This was posted 4 hours ago, but it looks the same as the video posted in 2020

Cleveland finally decided on the field design. They had a Twitter poll a while back, but that was it.

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Glad we're getting that Atlanta throwbacks twice, those uniforms are awesome.

It's a shame we won't see the Jets in their green jerseys that much. Their green over white combo in genuinely really good, at least when it comes to color blocking. We should see it more.

5 things we learned from the NY Jets preseason win over the Eagles

It's also their team color that they've been known for and is literally in their nickname. This decision is simply not acceptable from a branding standpoint. And not to mention, at least one of those three games will be all-green.

• Like 2