2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

They really had to choose the Texans again for the throwback game?

Bears1GettyImages-1291074135.jpg?quality

I would've preferred the Lions game in Week 10. They have worn navy vs. Detroit every year since 2011. Plus, this would have prevented an 8 week stretch of no navy jerseys, which is not something anyone would've expected from this franchise.

One interesting thing I noticed is that the full article includes the pant colors, and Week 18 vs. Minnesota will be all-navy.

I wanted the white throwbacks to be against Miami or Buffalo. The NFC East teams would've been a good choice too, since the Eagles and Commanders existed during the time these uniforms existed in the old days.

Texans get to see their navy blue at Chicago, Dallas, and maybe the Florida teams depending on what the Dolphins and Jaguars do.

• Like 1

Another one. But man, why is it so hard for these teams to pick good opponents for alternate jerseys? We already saw navy against San Fran last meeting in 2014 and against KC last season. Would’ve rather seen it against Indy in Week 5 and Arizona in Week 15. I like Color Rush vs. the Raiders though. That works nicely. Probably will be a silver jersey number game for Vegas.

• Yawn 1

30 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Another one. But man, why is it so hard for these teams to pick good opponents for alternate jerseys? We already saw navy against San Fran last meeting in 2014 and against KC last season. Would’ve rather seen it against Indy in Week 5 and Arizona in Week 15. I like Color Rush vs. the Raiders though. That works nicely. Probably will be a silver jersey number game for Vegas.

The navy games against KC and SF are likley for contrast. Red vs Orange is a sore sight to see (looking at you, Cincy).

26983150-6c29-11ec-bdee-29a43fad98d1wvyiwwsmmo24dvj96l2b.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The navy games against KC and SF are likley for contrast. Red vs Orange is a sore sight to see (looking at you, Cincy).

26983150-6c29-11ec-bdee-29a43fad98d1wvyiwwsmmo24dvj96l2b.jpg

Doubt it. Denver has worn orange against Cincinnati and Cleveland in recent years. They seem to just wear navy for random games. I’m surprised they are doing it for multiple Sunday night games with how much they love their orange over there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The navy games against KC and SF are likley for contrast.

I don't think any NFL team gives a rat's arse about their color contrasting with the other team when it comes to choosing an alternate uniform. That's strictly a thing people worry about on here.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

“They’re going to wear navy way more often than orange” - that stupid banned troll hahahaha

Still surprised they’re wearing orange instead of navy against the Jets on 1997 tribute day. 

Broncos have worn orange against the Chiefs quite often and it looks ok…they wore orange against KC in the orange crush days and it looked great. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I was just wondering the other day why the Broncos never wore all orange against the Raiders and now they will.  It always seemed like something that would happen yet it never did.

I'm expecting the Raiders to wear their throwback jersey against the Chiefs in Week 5 for MNF. They've only worn it once for a day game and that was in 2020 against the Chargers in a dome. I assume they only wear it at night because of legibility issues with the numbers.

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

27 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I was just wondering the other day why the Broncos never wore all orange against the Raiders and now they will.  It always seemed like something that would happen yet it never did.

I'm expecting the Raiders to wear their throwback jersey against the Chiefs in Week 5 for MNF. They've only worn it once for a day game and that was in 2020 against the Chargers in a dome. I assume they only wear it at night because of legibility issues with the numbers.

Last two years the silver number jersey was against the Chargers at Sofi.  The Raiders won't get to do that this year when they got them on their home opener. 

11 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

When they wore the throwbacks before, we usually wouldn't know they were being worn until they broke out the helmets in practice. 

And the last 2 years they wore them it was against the jets

Edited by Akjudd15

On 9/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Examples off the top of my head...

spacer.png

The orange socks for the Dolphins is pretty cool. Assuming they go back to the throwbacks full-time at some point, I wouldn’t mind if they busted those out every once in a while.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice the orange combo for the Bears in the uniforms schedule announcement. The photo shoot from the initial release earlier this summer of the orange helmets showed them paired with the navy midcalf sock, but then in the uniform schedule it shows a new orange sock. As the orange combo hasn't been seen in actual action yet as is depicted in the uniform schedule release my gut says it is a photoshop job with the person doing it not knowing what to actually do.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, aaa333bbb said:

Bills will don the blueberries to open the NFL Season

The Bills always dress their locker room mannequin in their game-week attire  

I saw this a few days ago. If true, that didn’t take long for the first surprise of the season. 

It definitely won’t happen, but if the Rams somehow also wore blue pants, I’m sure that would be the first ever matchup with both teams in royal blue pants.

1 minute ago, smarisca03 said:

I know I might be in a minority but I think the Rams should keep the bone pants it works well with the blue jerseys

It doesn't work as well as the yellow pants, so there's no need for them.

• Like 9

It's where I sit.