2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

Panthers are looking good in their original blue combo with the silver pants and black socks. Not sure why they’ve had to ruin it with white pants and blue and white socks lately.

I don’t mind these Commanders uniforms design-wise. They’re still not overly good, but they’re interesting enough and ultimately the correct colors I guess, but the plain white from the waist down is rough. I think the lack of stripes bothers me even more than the lack of burgundy socks.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

All these warm weather teams wearing colors at home even though they’d apparently lose and die if that happens in the regular season. (Ik these games happen at night but idk if that makes a difference for these teams)

Well considering the reason is dark colors absorb the heat from the SUN, they them wearing color for night games make sense

7 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I'm watching the Commanders' pre-game show. They're wearing white jerseys, pants and socks. Somehow the jerseys are the worst part of a uniform combination featuring blank white pants and socks 🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm convinced nothing could look good with those jerseys. Not even on a team with that specific color combination. If the University of South Carolina unveiled those I'm sure they still get viciously flamed not matter what other parts USC and/or Under Armour made to go with it.

The white jerseys need to be the first part of the Commanders uniforms to get replaced. Yes, even ahead of the black alternates.

Temple had a similar gradient-diamond effect on their sleeves a few years back, but IMO it looked fine the way they did it, and the rest of the uniform was rather traditional.  Their helmet stripe sucked, but the rest was fine.

635824506583890340-USP-NCAA-Football-Tem

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Looks like Broncos/Cowboys might be color vs color. Cowboys are warming up in navy, Broncos in orange. How often do we see this in preseason?

This is interesting. We also got color vs. color with the Broncos vs. Cleveland in 2020 and last season against the Buccaneers.

More proof the NFL's uniform standards are crap. It would be so much better if we could scrap the "league wide rules" if the trade off was having actual collaboration and thoughtfulness behind uniform matchups between equipment managers on a weekly basis

• Like 4

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

It would appear that the league considers orange a light enough color that this is okay against the Broncos. I just don’t understand why the Cowboys  of all teams would choose to do it.

Cowboys might once again be in navy jerseys next week on the road against the Chargers and they probably just wanted to keep the same uniforms for both games to keep it simple. I think having more color vs color games is a great idea as long as it's teams in their traditional uniforms and not something gimmicky like color rush.

8 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

It would appear that the league considers orange a light enough color that this is okay against the Broncos. I just don’t understand why the Cowboys  of all teams would choose to do it.

Shouldn't come as surprise honestly. The Broncos have had color vs color matchups a good half-dozen times over the last several years

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Cowboys might once again be in navy jerseys next week on the road against the Chargers and they probably just wanted to keep the same uniforms for both games to keep it simple. I think having more color vs color games is a great idea as long as it's teams in their traditional uniforms and not something gimmicky like color rush.

With Cowboys camp in Oxnard, CA, the game against the Chargers isn’t really a difficult road game to prepare for. Cowboys brought both the white and navy jerseys to Denver.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/14/2022 at 2:21 AM, GoHawks said:

Believe it or not, the most valuable team in the world was worried about grass stains. Guess they didn't have enough $ for two pairs of pants if one got dirty.

• Like 2