2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

Last year, both the Colts and Bills picked up the ugly habit of wearing white socks with their white pants.  Today both are wearing blue socks with their all white uniforms. Big improvement. Hopefully it lasts.  

Unfortunately, last night the Patriots brought out those stupid navy pants again.  

Jackasses. 

• Like 8
  • Huh? 1

Commanders in white jerseys, burgundy pants & burgundy socks today vs the Chiefs in their standard home uniform.

To me Washington doesn't look as bad as they did in all white from the shoulders down last week 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Hurl 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Commanders in white jerseys, burgundy pants & burgundy socks today vs the Chiefs in their standard home uniform.

To me Washington doesn't look as bad as they did in all white from the shoulders down last week 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last week would looked better with burgundy socks and this week would've looked better with white socks. They really need some stripes on the pants and socks to break up the yoga pants look. Also, there is way to much emphasis on black in the jersey, if they swapped that to gold it wouldn't look too bad.

• Like 3
SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

Poor Jahan Dotson. He goes from wearing the classic Penn State uniforms to these abominations.

Ironically, that's the best possible photo of them since you can barely make out the gradient.  It definitely does show how mismatched the helmet is from the pants.  I know it's not an easy color to match across mediums, but maybe a matte vs satin finish on the helmet would have been the way to go.  Or just the regular semi-gloss like they used to be.

Also the yellow stripe looks so out of place when worn with the white jerseys.  

Two years, and this is what they came up with.  I just don't get it.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Washington might very well be the worst looking team in the league... They're worse ( or not any better) than the Cardinals, Titans, Jets and Rams...

For me it’s the Commies with the Titans super close on their heels.  Then four or five others not far behind. 

• Like 4

The cardinals look like Atlanta circa 2003 with their bass boat glitter black helmets. 🤮 What a dumb alternate helmet.

edit: the glitter flake is totally undetectable on TV so they just look black, even more like the Falcons.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

The glitter flake is totally undetectable on TV so they just look black, even more like the Falcons.

Agreed. It's pretty much the same as the old Jaguars glitter-flake helmet. People looked at still photos of that helmet, taken under controlled lighting, and went crazy for them. But on TV, even in hi-def?  I could never ever even notice it. Same with these. Just a waste of time and effort. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Agreed. It's pretty much the same as the old Jaguars glitter-flake helmet. People looked at still photos of that helmet, taken under controlled lighting, and went crazy for them. But on TV, even in hi-def?  I could never ever even notice it. Same with these. Just a waste of time and effort. 

I remember those well...the teal flake definitely showed up under direct sunlight--and especially whenever they played the Colts, mostly due to the superweird lights and shadows cast on the field due to those windows Lucas Oil has at the north end of their stadium:

90706369_original.jpg?1282874074

hi-res-131162524_crop_exact.jpg?w=1200&h

6717666.jpg

That seemed to be the only condition under which the flake showed up though--it was barely if ever noticeable during night games or if the sky was overcast. And until now I completely forgot they applied the flake job to their facemasks, too.

(Actually, until now I'd done a pretty good job in forgetting that particular uniform set even existed...now I've been reminded. Ugh 🤦🏿‍♂️)

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Man, one of the most forgettable uniforms in modern history is those Jaguars unis -- look at how in that lineman cut the sweeping-stripe is split into two different pieces, just awful. The Fred Taylor era unis were a modern classic, nothing they trot out in can beat those

• Like 5

Colts announced their home game themes for 2022. They have the Commanders game as their ring of honor game. Last year the ring of honor game was against the Bucs. I think the throwback game will be against Washington. The game against the Chargers is listed as Blue Out. That's likely the monochrome blue game.

The AFC South division games are all listed with a Marvel promotion. They have drawings of people on the Colts as comic characters and the players, cheerleaders, and mascot are in white attire. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tBBP said:

I remember those well...the teal flake definitely showed up under direct sunlight--and especially whenever they played the Colts, mostly due to the superweird lights and shadows cast on the field due to those windows Lucas Oil has at the north end of their stadium:

90706369_original.jpg?1282874074

Of all the various novelties we've seen applied to helmets over the years, this has been the most useless. It also makes me think of a bowling ball: 
43d7b29f0b1c80f3d18270ab5df1ddd9--bowlin

• LOL 3