2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

Interesting it says they "could choose" to wear white or blue.  Does that mean that orange is like a neutral color?  Or I wonder if that's just the wrong way to word it, and they asked permission to wear blue and were granted because nobody cares about the preseason games.

I'd think that if you could "choose" to wear your colors in Denver, other teams already would have - for example, I'm sure the Eagles would have worn their midnight green last year.  Would've been plenty of contrast.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hate that we are so particular as uni nerds that whenever there's an explanation from a scribe or someone else about uniforms, there's almost always something that doesn't make sense. 

This person is saying they wore silver pants so their white ones won't get dirty, when their default pant is another shade of silver. I want to say something, but I have learned after many years to always let it go lol

• Like 6

Yeah, this isn’t making much sense. They get to choose against Denver in orange, but HAVE to wear white against the Chargers in powder blue, which is an even lighter color? We’ve even seen them wear navy against the Chargers in powder that one Thanksgiving game.

It seems that Detroit’s gray Color Rush is treated similarly. We’ve seen teams wear both white and colored jerseys against it on multiple occasions.

43 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Yeah, this isn’t making much sense. They get to choose against Denver in orange, but HAVE to wear white against the Chargers in powder blue, which is an even lighter color? We’ve even seen them wear navy against the Chargers in powder that one Thanksgiving game.

It seems that Detroit’s gray Color Rush is treated similarly. We’ve seen teams wear both white and colored jerseys against it on multiple occasions.

The only halfway logic I can conjure up is that both teams' color jerseys are two tones of the same hue (blue) whereas orange and blue contrast quite nicely.

Beyond that...yeah, I got nothing. (Except the Cowboys somehow always seem to get special dispensation because COWBOYS and all that jazz...)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

55 minutes ago, tBBP said:

The only halfway logic I can conjure up is that both teams' color jerseys are two tones of the same hue (blue) whereas orange and blue contrast quite nicely.

Beyond that...yeah, I got nothing. (Except the Cowboys somehow always seem to get special dispensation because COWBOYS and all that jazz...)

I was thinking that as well about the color tones until I recalled that that exact pairing was allowed for a nationally-televised Thanksgiving matchup several years back.

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I hate that we are so particular as uni nerds that whenever there's an explanation from a scribe or someone else about uniforms, there's almost always something that doesn't make sense. 

This person is saying they wore silver pants so their white ones won't get dirty, when their default pant is another shade of silver. I want to say something, but I have learned after many years to always let it go lol

I know, right? There will never not be this assumed level of ineptitude you have to anticipate whenever uniforms come up in the media. There will always be something demonstrably incorrect, or at least an air of naivety you can cut with a knife. It’s like, are you blind?? Do your eyes not see exactly what is going on in front of them?? No, it’s actually just called “being a normal person..” It seems insane to me, but that’s just the nature of a particular manner of fixation, I guess.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 8:06 AM, fouhy12 said:

It's strange to me that the Patriots' silver pants have been confirmed, but not seen or announced yet. I can't tell if they want to wait to announce them for a specific game, or if they're just keeping it low-key and they'll show up wearing them on a random Sunday. 

I'm also not going to be shocked if we see them on the road before we see them at home, that seems like something the players would like. Can get the ICY road look and then the TOUGH all-blue at home.

Also, got the new Madden and the Patriots "home" pant option is missing. You can only wear the "road"  pants which are the blues. I assume they will add the new silver pants once worn in real life 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:06 AM, fouhy12 said:

It's strange to me that the Patriots' silver pants have been confirmed, but not seen or announced yet. I can't tell if they want to wait to announce them for a specific game, or if they're just keeping it low-key and they'll show up wearing them on a random Sunday. 

I'm also not going to be shocked if we see them on the road before we see them at home, that seems like something the players would like. Can get the ICY road look and then the TOUGH all-blue at home.

Been confirmed? Can you provide a link to the source? 

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

6's pant stripe has way more red than 31's. I would assume 6 is the new pant while the ones with less red are the old silver pants from the last set, kind of like how the Patriots have accidentally mixed and matched the blue pants in 2020

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 8/11/2022 at 7:46 AM, aaa333bbb said:

https://shop.buffalobills.com/collections/2022-matchup-collection?utm_source=Bills&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=2022+Matchup+Collection&utm_content=Twitter
one could infer from these that the bills throwback games will be home vs Miami & @ the lions on thanksgiving but if I remember correctly, they did these last year and had the throwback game vs New England & that wasn’t the case so take it with a grain of salt

Man alive, $80 for pins.

I won't mock, because I collect dumb stuff too. It's always a helpful reminder for me to reconsider my spending on stuff when I see other collectibles on the market.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hell yeah, the only yoga pants look that I like. And one of my favorite matchups overall.

7-A834-FF2-96-B3-470-E-8-FD6-66-C7932755

Between this year and last year, their preseason MO clearly revolves around wearing black pants on natural grass and white pants when on turf, for laundry reasons (which makes sense for preseason rosters, though the Titans also have been doing this fairly consistently throughout the regular season, which is a pretty cheapo measure IMO).

Bringing back the running tally to see if they lead the league in combos used again:

HoFG: WBB
PW1: TBB

PW2: TBB

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

Hell yeah, the only yoga pants look that I like. And one of my favorite matchups overall.

7-A834-FF2-96-B3-470-E-8-FD6-66-C7932755

Between this year and last year, their preseason MO clearly revolves around wearing black pants on natural grass and white pants when on turf, for laundry reasons (which makes sense for preseason rosters, though the Titans also have been doing this fairly consistently throughout the regular season, which is a pretty cheapo measure IMO).

Bringing back the running tally to see if they lead the league in combos used again:

HoFG: WBB
PW1: TBB

PW2: TBB

From a pure color perspective, this is one of the better color-contrast match-ups in the league. Probably even underrated. (Note: I said color, not uniform.)

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

So thanks to the keen eye of @MNtwins3, I went through the photos from that scrimmage to see what I could find.

LaBryan Ray and Jonnu SmithJake Bailey and Nick FolkKendrick Bourne and DeVante Parker

Bingo! 6 and 81 wearing the new pants, with the others wearing the old. We have a physical confirmation! 

It still baffles me that the Patriots' practice jerseys have the former (and to me superior) number font...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

17 hours ago, tBBP said:

It still baffles me that the Patriots' practice jerseys have the former (and to me superior) number font...

I'm baffled that they have been so bad at transitioning from the old uniform to the new.  In 2020 multiple players had the old color rush pants or jersey that the new set is based on. Their practice jerseys are still based on the old set. I have never seen any professional team this bad at getting rid of an old uniform set when they upgrade to a new one

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

I'm baffled that they have been so bad at transitioning from the old uniform to the new.  In 2020 multiple players had the old color rush pants or jersey that the new set is based on. Their practice jerseys are still based on the old set. I have never seen any professional team this bad at getting rid of an old uniform set when they upgrade to a new one

Then again, the only uniform change the Pats had made in over 20+ years was the wordmark on the jersey. They don't have as much practice at this stuff. 😂

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

I'd assume that the practice jerseys are just old, anyone know how often those get replaced? #6 is wearing a practice jersey with that old reebok NFL equipment logo on his collar, is that jersey 10+ years old?

A lot of teams seem to do this with previous uniform sets. I know the Dolphins have done it with their 2013 pants.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

I'd assume that the practice jerseys are just old, anyone know how often those get replaced? #6 is wearing a practice jersey with that old reebok NFL equipment logo on his collar, is that jersey 10+ years old?

The Equipment logo survived into the Nike era for practice stuff.  Not sure when (or if) it was officially retired.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."