2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

4 hours ago, infrared41 said:

OK, maybe not.

That video someone posted between the Asante Samuel interceptions of Sr and Jr that Al Michaels called really showed just how much he's gone from one of the greatest announcers of all time to someone I'm shocked is up past his bedtime of 8 and especially without his oatmeal. 

• LOL 2

Caught up to speed on Kliff being in Thailand. One way ticket and 5 years paid to do whatever the :censored: he wants.

My feelings are somewhere between “this man in an absolute idiot” and “this man is a :censored:ing genius”.

How bad do you have to be as a football coach to flee the country? On the other end, he doesn’t have to lift a finger for half a decade and gets to relax and be paid for it.

• Like 1

Al Michaels is 78 years old.  He's outlived - let alone outworked - plenty of people I know/knew.

Maybe he's "cooked" as an announcer, but that's on his employers - not him.  IMO, he still has an iconic voice and that automatically makes the game feel better, even if he's half asleep during it.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Caught up to speed on Kliff being in Thailand. One way ticket and 5 years paid to do whatever the :censored: he wants.

My feelings are somewhere between “this man in an absolute idiot” and “this man is a :censored:ing genius”.

How bad do you have to be as a football coach to flee the country? On the other end, he doesn’t have to lift a finger for half a decade and gets to relax and be paid for it.

Why not go to the middle - an idiotic genius. His coaching skills are very idiotic, but getting a one way ticket to Thailand (probably Phuket) after getting paid a boatload of money and then getting canned?

Pure genius.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

2013 Chiefs

Please don't remind me of that game. Felt so sick watching that game that afterwards I didn't feel a damn thing. Only other time I felt like that was last year's AFC Championship Game which also involved the Chiefs choking massively. 

Edited by Red Comet

On 1/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, the admiral said:

The AFC South race was fun to watch go down but they're gonna get wrecked by the Chargers next week, and the Chargers are not known for wrecking in the playoffs. 

Even for them, this is a new low.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Please don't remind me of that game. Felt so sick watching that game that afterwards I didn't feel a damn thing. Only other time I felt like that was last year's AFC Championship Game which also involved the Chiefs choking massively. 

On a better note for your Chiefs, and against another AFC South team to boot 🙂

3 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

On a better note for your Chiefs, and against another AFC South team to boot 🙂

And with that game, I was about to turn off the game until the Chiefs had a kickoff return that got them into Texans territory. Then Bill O’Brien made a decision that should’ve gotten him :censored:canned right there and then: He tried to do a fake punt on 4th and 2 on his own 30 while up 24-7 in the middle of the 2nd quarter! After that failed, it was a matter of when, not if, the Texans would lose. 

Going to the Bengals-Ravens game tonight. I feel weird about it. Not unconfident, but having a hard time shaking 3 decades of Bengals PTSD. That's not gone away with one playoff run and I don't like seeing the Ravens for a third time. Their defense is no joke. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png