MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

8 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I wish they just took the gold off the last set.

I think the perfect Twins set would be:

• 2023 white
  • 2023 grey
  • 2023 navy
  • 2023 cream
  • 2016-22 red w/no gold and new TC
  • powder blue with the 2023 Twins script

That would be such a damn good uniform set. Especially if you mixed in the updated red hat with the powder blue

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

17 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

• 2023 white
  • 2023 grey
  • 2023 navy
  • 2023 cream

That would be such a damn good uniform set. Especially if you mixed in the updated red hat with the powder blue

Mine with the four sets allowed :

2023 white

2023 grey

Cream throwbacks

Light blue road alts with current elements

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 4

On 3/8/2023 at 5:02 PM, NYCdog said:

Uniform sponsorship coming soon to Yankees jerseys 

My second biggest fear coming to fruition. Teams adding ad patches mid-season instead of waiting until the following season to introduce them.

I just hope when Nike introduces its retail jerseys next year, we aren't subject to those ad patches, or at the very least, only with the authentics found in team store facilities similar to the NBA.

• Like 2

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Probably already posted and not sure of the accuracy, but I read on Twitter the padres are exempt from 4+1 cause their two camo alts honor the military. I didn’t know they still rotated two camos. I thought they just had a brown one and retired the blue one (or do they have a green one?). If this story is true, does that exempt anyone? Cause I imagine the pirates 4 are the white, gray, and two blacks thus eliminating the white/camo they’ve kept around for years (why they kept that Memorial Day uni as an alt is beyond me)

KISSwall09.jpg

21 minutes ago, hormone said:

Probably already posted and not sure of the accuracy, but I read on Twitter the padres are exempt from 4+1 cause their two camo alts honor the military. I didn’t know they still rotated two camos. I thought they just had a brown one and retired the blue one (or do they have a green one?). If this story is true, does that exempt anyone? Cause I imagine the pirates 4 are the white, gray, and two blacks thus eliminating the white/camo they’ve kept around for years (why they kept that Memorial Day uni as an alt is beyond me)

They have desert and woodland NWU patterned uniforms. 

I suspect their exemption may be because they don’t sell those jerseys. 

Anubis.png

21 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I just hope when Nike introduces its retail jerseys next year, we aren't subject to those ad patches, or at the very least, only with the authentics found in team store facilities similar to the NBA.

I can't speak for other teams, but the Pens were actually selling iron-on ad patches for fans who wanted to make their jersey more "authentic." I know that's a different sport/manufacturer, but I'd be okay with something like this in baseball. There may be some fans out there who value the "accuracy" of having the ads over the aesthetic benefit of not having them (I doubt that's gonna be a very large crowd), so if they want it, fine. But don't make it the rule.

Or, after a couple years we'll just accept it as part of the uniform, like soccer, and you'll similarly see it on both levels of retail jerseys - replica and authentic. That's likely what teams are banking on at this point, not that we have a choice in the matter.

• Like 5

oBIgzrL.png

23 hours ago, maz said:

I can't speak for other teams, but the Pens were actually selling iron-on ad patches for fans who wanted to make their jersey more "authentic." I know that's a different sport/manufacturer, but I'd be okay with something like this in baseball. There may be some fans out there who value the "accuracy" of having the ads over the aesthetic benefit of not having them (I doubt that's gonna be a very large crowd), so if they want it, fine. But don't make it the rule.

Or, after a couple years we'll just accept it as part of the uniform, like soccer, and you'll similarly see it on both levels of retail jerseys - replica and authentic. That's likely what teams are banking on at this point, not that we have a choice in the matter.

Wait, they started selling them? Last I was there(end of dec), it was only avaliable for at home application if you bought an adidas jersey there.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, AnPheitseog said:

Wait, they started selling them? Last I was there(end of dec), it was only avaliable for at home application if you bought an adidas jersey there.

Maybe it did only come with the jersey. I didn't pay too close attention to the sign after the initial surprise of it being a thing in the first place. Either way, as long as we don't see it come right from the manufacturer with it put on there, I'm good.

oBIgzrL.png

On 3/12/2023 at 9:37 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Please.

That's the least controversial opinion on these boards.

I mean the Washington Expos has a nice ring to it. That and I’m sure you could make a “w” logo in the same vein as the Montreal “M” 😂

On 3/13/2023 at 3:32 PM, maz said:

I can't speak for other teams, but the Pens were actually selling iron-on ad patches for fans who wanted to make their jersey more "authentic." I know that's a different sport/manufacturer, but I'd be okay with something like this in baseball. There may be some fans out there who value the "accuracy" of having the ads over the aesthetic benefit of not having them

funny stuff, since the real authentic are not even available for sale. So the jersey fans have is not even remotely authentic.

the biggest sign of this,  even to people that don't know about the poor quality "fight strap" and the missing reinforced elbows, is that the shoulders patches on the so called authentic you can buy,  are placed way  to close to the neck on the jersey.

On the jersey the players wear,  the shoulder patches are further away from the neck.

Retail authentic

-

spacer.png

the real thing

-

spacer.png

-

-

Goes for ALL  teams and jerseys with shoulder patches.

I just did the Petco Park tour and went into the pro shop. Authentic jerseys have the swinging friar on one sleeve and Motorola on the other. The replicas only have Motorola. I am irrationally upset about it.

• Hurl 2
  • Facepalm 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 3/12/2023 at 3:12 AM, MNtwins3 said:

• 2023 white
  • 2023 grey
  • 2023 navy
  • 2023 cream

I'm glad the Twins decided to go primarily navy with this redesign, keeping red to an accent. Red feels to me like the color Cleveland should own more than Minnesota.

As for powder blue, I have a feeling it will be featured somehow in the City Connect, as the new social media package (which, by the way, is also such an immense upgrade over the old) still features a pretty decent amount of it:

• Like 3

On 3/14/2023 at 2:35 PM, OnWis97 said:

I just did the Petco Park tour and went into the pro shop. Authentic jerseys have the swinging friar on one sleeve and Motorola on the other. The replicas only have Motorola. I am irrationally upset about it.

Woah, so the replicas have the ad? That's insane. 

Anubis.png

On 3/8/2023 at 11:59 PM, tBBP said:

Ever since the Natinals adopted that script, it's just looked off to me....is it just me, or does that script just look set at more extremely raked angle than other chest scripts to anyone else??? 

I hate it. It's not even like it's sheered more steeply vertical, it's more like it's rotated, which makes it feel like someone just did a sloppy job when sewing it onto the shirt. 

PvO6ZWJ.png