MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

On 3/14/2023 at 2:35 PM, OnWis97 said:

I just did the Petco Park tour and went into the pro shop. Authentic jerseys have the swinging friar on one sleeve and Motorola on the other. The replicas only have Motorola. I am irrationally upset about it.

Well...if that's a sign of what's to come, I got a good deal buying my latest O's jersey from the team store on Black Friday. I now have all the current blank replicas, which is perfectly fine with me since the team just might have a sponsor patch by the time that rolls around in November.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

3 hours ago, LMU said:

Time out...how long have the scripts/numbers on the Angels' red jerseys had those gray dropshadows?

That is just about one of the most unnecessary elements ever...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Time out...how long have the scripts/numbers on the Angels' red jerseys had those gray dropshadows?

That is just about one of the most unnecessary elements ever...

It's been there I think since that uniform unveil about 20 years ago?

• Like 1

As a Braves fan, I was nervous at the prospect of a City Connect but had more hope when I saw the first leak of the socks and t-shirt. I am more than okay with this design. They pass my test of still looking like the Braves when I turn on the TV. I don’t like how it literally reads “The A” but there are so many City Connect designs that are absolutely horrible, so I consider these a best case scenario. I’ll be curious to see the full uniform with the cap. Expecting a white panel. The sleeves look like they have a hint of the feather but less pronounced compared to the throwbacks.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

So does this count as one of Houston’s 4 jerseys or are only certain special event uniforms allowed to be added. Like Red Sox couldn’t wear their traditional st Patrick’s day uniforms on Friday. The same uniform they have been wearing for st Patrick’s day for the last 20+ years

• Like 1

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but that gold looks terrible next to the orange.  Assuming this will only be worn for opening weekend, it would have made more sense to drop the orange and just go with gold and navy. And it's not like this franchise hasn't worn those colors before. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but that gold looks terrible next to the orange.  Assuming this will only be worn for opening weekend, it would have made more sense to drop the orange and just go with gold and navy. And it's not like this franchise hasn't worn those colors before. 

I think the gold looks better next to the Astros' orange than it looked on the uniforms of the Red Sox or of the Giants (which, yes, include orange) or of any other team that I can think of having seen it on.

In my opinion the whole practice of adding gold shouldn't be done at all; but aesthetically that colour goes well with the Astros' set.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I think it’s more that it doesn’t go with the current Astros aesthetic. I’m getting tequila sunset vibes from that champions patch — maybe it’s the lack of white. But then it looks less nice in the old timey font and next to the single-layer orange head spoon.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 1:35 PM, OnWis97 said:

I just did the Petco Park tour and went into the pro shop. Authentic jerseys have the swinging friar on one sleeve and Motorola on the other. The replicas only have Motorola. I am irrationally upset about it.

No you're not. That's rational anger. 

On 3/15/2023 at 4:56 PM, Anubis2051 said:

Woah, so the replicas have the ad? That's insane. 

If they gave fans at the pro shop the option to add them, I'd not be fine with it but it's whatever. If they are selling these everywhere with the ad space, I'm not a fan of that. I'm also of the belief that if a soccer jersey costs $100 it should look the same as the version the players wear and have the same patches the on field shirt has, just a little looser. Looking at you MLS!!!!

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I think it’s more that it doesn’t go with the current Astros aesthetic. I’m getting tequila sunset vibes from that champions patch — maybe it’s the lack of white. But then it looks less nice in the old timey font and next to the single-layer orange head spoon.

Yes, this was my reaction. I agree that the colors work well together on that patch because the colors are blended together. But on the uniforms, it looks like the blue-and-gold numbers and letters were forced onto an Astros jersey. The colors don't complement each other; they look like a mistake. 

On 3/18/2023 at 5:58 PM, aawagner011 said:

As a Braves fan, I was nervous at the prospect of a City Connect but had more hope when I saw the first leak of the socks and t-shirt. I am more than okay with this design. They pass my test of still looking like the Braves when I turn on the TV. I don’t like how it literally reads “The A” but there are so many City Connect designs that are absolutely horrible, so I consider these a best case scenario. I’ll be curious to see the full uniform with the cap. Expecting a white panel. The sleeves look like they have a hint of the feather but less pronounced compared to the throwbacks.

Looks like this set will fall into the category of City Connect designs that look like they could be a team's regular alternate (a la the White Sox) rather than looking like the uniform of a completely different team. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

It's not a terrible opinion. It's the option that many people have of the Anaheim Ducks colors (black, gold/bronze and orange). The orange and the gold are of the same tone therefore they complete/clash with each other.

• Like 2