MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

DODGERS JERSEY IN VICE COLORS!!! 😍 (for fans).  I don't usually like gear in unofficial colors, but I love this!!!

spacer.png

it's a d*dger jersey so it's automatically mid

• Like 1
  • Dislike 5

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Marlins uniforms are garbage.....a shame the Marlins Man have  made everyone hate their previous look, and esp. the orange jersey.

I did not like it at the time, but in retrospect and seeing what the have now, bring this back, the whole shebang!

And oh yeah, :censored: Derek Jeter for dismantling the whole team... and for the new uniforms!

Giancarlo to his Yankees 🤬

Bring it back! 😁

-

• Love 1
  • Yawn 5
  • Dislike 3

Marlins park in its first iteration was a joke. The home run sculpture looked like a Lisa Frank backpack and the lime green walls on TV were impossible to look at. 

Also, the brand was just as bad. The most colorful jersey was the orange one, which was mostly orange and black, which is fit for the Orioles -- not a Miami team. 

The new brand is great, their uniforms are just terrible and need to be replaced with something more vibrant. 

• Like 5

Watching the White Sox in Colorado tonight, because I hate myself. Anyway, the Rockies appear to be wearing their purple jerseys with the piped white pants they brought in as a secondary look for their City Connect uniform, rather than the standard home pinstripes. Is this a new combo for them?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's a good look.  Non-pinstriped jerseys should never be worn over pinstriped pants.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/9/2023 at 8:31 PM, BBTV said:

Vans??

F3IC2bOW4AE4Ylt?format=jpg&name=medium

He wore those when he was with the Angels, too. It worked well with the City Connect’s surfer aesthetic.

sDAUmUV.jpg

On 8/13/2023 at 1:19 AM, upperV03 said:

I wouldn’t go that far, but it was really easy on the eyes. The orange and teal looked great against each other, and I especially loved how both teams had the dark caps with colored brims to match the jerseys. I’m not always a proponent of color vs. color in baseball, but this was/is an example of it being done just about perfectly:

spacer.png

This is a beautiful matchup. I don’t think it’d quite be my favorite ever, but it’s definitely up there.

On 8/15/2023 at 12:16 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

DODGERS JERSEY IN VICE COLORS!!! 😍 (for fans).  I don't usually like gear in unofficial colors, but I love this!!!

The jersey was actually inspired by México’s alternate jersey in the 2023 World Baseball Classic:

56NH0zU.jpg

On 8/18/2023 at 8:26 PM, jp1409 said:

Still not a fan of the Mariners dropping their grey jerseys but wearing their navy ones so much while these don't even match their hats shade is making things even worse...

spacer.png

The Twins fixed this same issue with their recent rebrand:

9731XmH.jpg

D0HrIsr.jpg

I could see the Mariners doing a similar brand refresh sometime soon, but I’ve also thought that for the past 6 years or so, so who knows.

11 hours ago, McCall said:

Yes, those pants were added specifically to be worn with the purple (and black vests?) jerseys, instead of the pinstripe pants, in 2019. If you remember, the Rockies City Connect last year had green pants. They just started wearing these with those jerseys this season.

Were the pants solid white (no piping) when they originally added them, or am I misremembering?

• Like 6

On 8/17/2023 at 2:06 AM, the admiral said:

The ugliness of the home run sculpture should have remained as a monument to the ugliness in Jeffrey Loria and David Samson's souls. 

Instead Jeter gave the team a ugly roster and ugly uniforms, so it worked out in the end. 👍

• Eyeroll 2

On 8/19/2023 at 8:57 PM, MJD7 said:

He wore those when he was with the Angels, too. It worked well with the City Connect’s surfer aesthetic.

sDAUmUV.jpg

This is a beautiful matchup. I don’t think it’d quite be my favorite ever, but it’s definitely up there.

The jersey was actually inspired by México’s alternate jersey in the 2023 World Baseball Classic:

56NH0zU.jpg

The Twins fixed this same issue with their recent rebrand:

9731XmH.jpg

D0HrIsr.jpg

I could see the Mariners doing a similar brand refresh sometime soon, but I’ve also thought that for the past 6 years or so, so who knows.

Were the pants solid white (no piping) when they originally added them, or am I misremembering?

I like the Twins new set overall but still think that new M logo sucks. Should have went with the metrodome M or some update of it or just stuck with the TC.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

Mariners wore the aquas on the road in Chicago yesterday, which they (as far as I know) only do when the home team is already wearing blue, navy, or black and they don’t have a choice. The Sox were wearing white for this game though. I can’t recall Seattle doing this any other time this season, but I love it. So tired of them wearing navy all the time.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Mariners wore the aquas on the road in Chicago yesterday, which they (as far as I know) only do when the home team is already wearing blue, navy, or black and they don’t have a choice. The Sox were wearing white for this game though. I can’t recall Seattle doing this any other time this season, but I love it. So tired of them wearing navy all the time.

4 + 1 in a sport where they play 162 games is actually so ridiculous.  I'm not advocating for a ton of alternates, but if a team needs to get rid of their traditional away uniform there is a serious problem.  The NFL can somehow squeeze in 4 uniforms into 17 games.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I saw them play against the Braves back in May and they wore teal against the Braves' City Connect. They've probably done it more than a handful of times this year. 

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png