MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

3 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing a yellow kit from Colorado as a clash. They tend to do a good job with using the state flag as a uniform inspiration. More so than the other teams in Colorado

I mostly agree, except when it comes to the colours on the badge. For some reason, they went with just red and blue on it and it didn't look pleasant.

image.0.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=64bbbf4bd32f066745ead800eff460c681444d0dd1a60ecc71a7f76e68e87b3b&ipo=images

th?id=OIP.E8cfPMWpKPIPWVHP3o_f_wAAAA%26p

s-l300.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=8481d0dd86b6c4

All nice shirts (the 2017 is my fave), but the colours on the crest really let them down. If they had gone with blue and white as the colours it would have looked a lot nicer.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Rapids with a really colorful teaser. Could this mean that the yellow clash jerseys could be returning? I'm hoping the actual product turns out to be as bold as this graphic is.

Nobody of us know how the kit will actually look like,  but if it resembles this teaser in any way, this could be one of the nicest kits of the season.

• Like 1

The Dynamo's stadium has a new name. What became PNC Stadium after PNC bought out BBVA's US banks, is now renamed after Shell's retail energy division to become Shell Energy Stadium. This is the 4th name for the stadium about to begin its 11th season.

BBVA Compass Stadium (2012–2019)
BBVA Stadium (2019–2021)
PNC Stadium (2021–2022)

Shell Energy Stadium (2023-Present)

Houston Dynamo's home venue renamed as Shell Energy Stadium | MLSSoccer.com

• Hurl 1

Here’s an idea of what San Jose’s new primary kit might look like. Not as confident in this one as the Orlando one I posted a couple days ago, but I do think it’s on the right track:

spacer.png

Based on this leak from MLS Media Day:

spacer.png

If accurate, the jersey pattern would be recycled from Real Madrid’s current away shirt:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s an idea of what San Jose’s new primary kit might look like. Not as confident in this one as the Orlando one I posted a couple days ago, but I do think it’s on the right track:

spacer.png

Based on this leak from MLS Media Day:

spacer.png

If accurate, the jersey pattern would be recycled from Real Madrid’s current away shirt:

spacer.png

I think you have it 95% of the way there - i think the sleeves will be black and use blue stripes. 

The adidas logo will likely be white based on it being white on the shorts. The number on the shorts was also white, and i start to think the sponsor color will also be in white as well. The only uncertainty i have is whether or not the gradient becomes darker as it descends down the jersey. I suspect it does, so that the sponsor and numbers show better.  

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

I've always thought the Quakes should make more use out of red as a tertiary color. Not in any way that's overwhelming, but in subtle touches here and there. 

They have such a similar color palette to Montreal. And while it's not unprecedented in world soccer to have teams share a color palette, the smart and consistent use of accent colors could be enough to add some differentiation. 

Plus, there's something very bland about the Quakes brand, starting with the colors. As a result, it's an easy team to forget. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I've always thought the Quakes should make more use out of red as a tertiary color. Not in any way that's overwhelming, but in subtle touches here and there. 

They have such a similar color palette to Montreal. And while it's not unprecedented in world soccer to have teams share a color palette, the smart and consistent use of accent colors could be enough to add some differentiation. 

Plus, there's something very bland about the Quakes brand, starting with the colors. As a result, it's an easy team to forget. 

Ha, I actually think that the Quakes blue that they've mostly used recently sorta stands out -- MLS has so much blue but very little of a classic, down-the-middle royal blue a la Chelsea or Rangers or the Italy NT. These guys or Montreal both could seize it but neither can just quit black shirts. But sneaking in more red would make sense for them too.

TBH I'd love to see the Quakes in the light teal of their Clash days. These are unironically great jerseys.

1ogykvwultu41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a 

• Like 10

I'm sure there examples of blue and black working as a color scheme, but off the top of my head, I can't think of any.

The Quakes have a boring logo and a boring uniform set. They only ever look good when they're wearing alt uniforms.

No one would blame them if they redid their whole identity; they really need it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

39 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm sure there examples of blue and black working as a color scheme, but off the top of my head, I can't think of any.

The Quakes have a boring logo and a boring uniform set. They only ever look good when they're wearing alt uniforms.

No one would blame them if they redid their whole identity; they really need it.

Inter Milan is the only one, to me, that has worked in the past. And it was much better before they took the gold out of their crest.

This is another good example of why blue and black need a strong tertiary color to keep it from being too boring. As much as I appreciate the simplified Inter Milan crest, the addition of gold added just enough character to keep it from being too bland. Now, the crest just seems to blend into the rest of the kit without standing out. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

Sounders to announce the new kit sponsor this Friday. We've deducted its not Multicare, or Providence. (That last one was actually floating around a bit.)

Current contenders Kaiser Permanente, and Swedish Health. It could be the Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, but the leaked photo of the jersey earlier doesn't leave that much room for all that.

7 minutes ago, Digby said:

Healthcare providers are to American soccer teams what offshore betting sites are to English ones, apparently.

And the for-profit healthcare industry is only slightly less detestable than offshore gambling.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

23 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Read on a listing on the same Foot Store website that provided a couple of leaks some time ago that Seattle's red shirt is inspired by Bruce Lee and will feature a "dragon inspired print". Not sure if I should/I'm allowed to link it up. 

The Sounders sure do like their dead people!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

And the for-profit healthcare industry is only slightly less detestable than offshore gambling.

Kaiser and Swedish Health (And Virginia Mason Franciscan) are non-profit providers. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Kaiser and Swedish Health (And Virginia Mason Franciscan) are non-profit providers. 

When it comes to American healthcare providers, the distinction between non-profit and for-profit seems mostly bureaucratic. Up there with major universities on the "we're non-profit, wink wink" scale.

• Like 5

Just now, upperV03 said:

Mockup of the full Toronto kit based on that leaked jersey pic^ and the shorts and socks that were seen at MLS Media Day. Really struggling to find anything positive to say about it.

spacer.png

They know what colour shorts they should be wearing.
It's better than their alt

That's about all i got for good

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske