NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

5 hours ago, PERRIN said:

When uniform news has stalled or potential rebrands are still in theoretical stages, I love seeing concepts here. It helps visualize new ideas and gives people more to talk about. I don't want to see them completely dominate entire pages, but I appreciate seeing new concepts every once in a while when discussing teams that either face an identity crisis and are exploring new directions or only need a few tweaks to be great. In small doses, they don't hurt anybody and only bolster discussion. I'd rather see concepts being posted here than see news threads get clevejacked for the umpteenth time.

Agree. I’m guilty of this as I’ve shared concepts here in the past. My favorite thing to do on the site is mock up photo realistic renditions based on the descriptions of what a uniform is rumored to look like. But those bits of information have been few and far between these days.

I definitely don’t mind seeing concepts as they can be used as conversation pieces to show, (rather than state), an opinion on how a uniform could/should look.

I do see the counter point and how it could bog a thread down. I haven’t minded it as long as the poster isn’t being too self promotional or spamming the board with their concepts.

• Like 2

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

8 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Agree. I’m guilty of this as I’ve shared concepts here in the past. My favorite thing to do on the site is mock up photo realistic renditions based on the descriptions of what a uniform is rumored to look like. But those bits of information have been few and far between these days.

I definitely don’t mind seeing concepts as they can be used as conversation pieces to show, (rather than state), an opinion on how a uniform could/should look.

I do see the counter point and how it could bog a thread down. I haven’t minded it as long as the poster isn’t being too self promotional or spamming the board with their concepts.

https://boards.sportslogos.net/forum/46-concepts/

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Seahawks Throwback to be worn vs the Browns. I’m guessing it’s because they’re an AFC team.

Found this funny too

What’s with the Penn State helmet? Are they poking fun at how Cleveland has no helmet logo?

7 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Seahawks Throwback to be worn vs the Browns. I’m guessing it’s because they’re an AFC team.

Found this funny too

Seahawks will look good for the first time this century.

Edit - My fault... apparently Seattle didn't break out the sadness-blue pajamas until 2002. 

On 6/5/2023 at 1:39 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

This would seem strange to me--in combination with the other evidence--if they've not switching to red full time. Why waste a preseason game on one of your three chances to wear it?

Draft graphics were also red too.

And other related graphics as well. If they are switching to red primaries, I'd be the happiest fan ever.

Though we all though that the Cards were going with red and gold based on their social media and see what happened there.

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

What’s with the Penn State helmet? Are they poking fun at how Cleveland has no helmet logo?

Dude, it's just monochrome for stylistic reasons. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the_grateful_ted said:

There is literally no news, what are you “wading through concepts” to get to? Gimme a break 

135+ pages in the NEWS Forum. I think concepts are great and should be put somewhere special. I don't know, maybe the CONCEPT Forum. I literally typed out what I was wading through at the very beginning of my original post. I really didn't think this was a difficult concept to grasp. Apparently, it is a difficult concept for some.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, batman1211 said:

135+ pages in the NEWS Forum. I think concepts are great and should be put somewhere special. I don't know, maybe the CONCEPT Forum. I literally typed out what I was wading through at the very beginning of my original post. I really didn't think this was a difficult concept to grasp. Apparently, it is a difficult concept for some.

I’m so sorry you had to see one (ONE!!!) concept on your way to finding out which game the Seahawks are wearing their throwbacks for (which we already knew they were bringing back) or another faint tease of the Texans red helmets. At this point in the year, it’s not like we’re experiencing a deluge of exciting news breaks. I don’t mind seeing (related) concepts breaking up big blocks of text when nothing else is going on 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

8 hours ago, batman1211 said:

1 hour ago, the_grateful_ted said:

I’m so sorry you had to see one (ONE!!!) concept on your way to finding out which game the Seahawks are wearing their throwbacks for (which we already knew they were bringing back) or another faint tease of the Texans red helmets. At this point in the year, it’s not like we’re experiencing a deluge of exciting news breaks. I don’t mind seeing (related) concepts breaking up big blocks of text when nothing else is going on 🤷‍♂️

Speaking as a moderator...

I don't think we need to worry about the occasional concept popping up in the non-concept threads, when it pertains to a possible uniform change already being discussed. This particular instance seemed pretty harmless.  The issue in the past is when one concept showing up prompts more, and clogs up a news thread with non-news.

As a general rule, news threads are for news and/or discussion of that news, and concept threads are for concepts.  But... in this case, there's no reason to make a mountain out of a mole hill.  Let's move on.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

20 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Found this funny too

I wish they stop calling the Seahawks throwbacks their 90’s uniforms when in fact that certain set was 1983 to 2001. So, basically why ignore the best Chuck Knox seasons which was 1983-1990 and Brian Bosworth 1987-1990 era and focus on a crap Rick Mirer era from the 1993-1995 and that nightmarish Dennis Erickson season before 1998.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

The Browns still use this as their primary logo. 🤦‍♂️ 

They need to go with the B instead of the helmet. I mean, geez. The B, it’s like how Green Bay went with their G. I just wish it was a C just like how Green Bay Packers have their town letters like and how Chicago Bears have their C…… Uhhhhh. B is fine!

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

I like it dark as the Cardinals old uniforms before that Reebok 2004 mess.

Per @TruColor, they haven’t changed their shade of red since shortly after moving to the desert in the late 1980s. That was when they lightened up from what had been basically maroon (at one time they had the same shade as Washington) to (a fairly bright version of) cardinal red. 

• Applause 1