NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:
1 hour ago, bowld said:

Browns is a throwback to 1946, not some random alternate they came up with on the fly-

Thanks for that; I didn't know.

I get it, but it's just so far removed from what the team is known for looking like.

It's really not...if you're in your 90s.

I really like the uniform, but outside of this community,  I seriously  doubt many people know it's based on an actual throwback.

• Like 5

BB52Big.jpg

27 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Was just about to post that. Here's a video that shows it better. This is a re-upload, as the original leaker's Twitter account got yeeted out of existence.

And based on this post from March, that means it will use the same-old helmet with swapped decals.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:38 AM, WSU151 said:

For 2023, the Vikings and Jets will have “tribute” helmets (not labeled alternate helmets), which means - as far as I can tell without seeing an actual image - they’ll be the current helmet finishes with throwback decals and facemasks (also likely means the black Jets helmet is sticking around at least one more year). 

I’m assuming that means 80s throwback jerseys for the Jets, and either 1970s or 1998 throwbacks (25 years since 15-1) for the Vikings.

• Like 2

da0Lbhs.png

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

The Vikings are one of the few franchises that succeeded in blending classic with modern, which should be the goal in any new uniform design. This should be celebrated.

My suspicion is that any suggestion to replace the current look is more about wanting change for change’s sake than actually preferring an inferior (though still very nice) set to what they have now.

I think you’ve been posting on these boards long enough to know that anytime you suggest the “real” reason for someone else’s opinion you’re going to ruffle some feathers.  

So, for the record, no… your suspicion is wrong. It has zero to do with wanting “change for change’s sake”.  It has to do with feeling like the throwback uniform is blatantly more visually appealing.   And also… no, wait… there is no also. That was it.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 2

17 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Here’s to hoping the Falcons are starting their redesign process within the next few months.

They’ve already decided to axe the gradient jersey.

Just get rid of the ATL on the jerseys, and they're nearly perfect. I hope moving to the FUSE template gets teams to toss wordmarks from their looks. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It has to do with feeling like the throwback uniform is blatantly more visually appealing.

To clarify, there is a diversity of opinions present. Not every feels that a given throwbacks is blatantly more appealing and while the "They should wear these full time" may seem like a solid group, some people feel differently depending on which team we are discussing.

It's just the board format can make it seem like its a wall of comments, especially when not everyone is tracking all the different handles.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Check out the website-

https://throwback.seahawks.com

Loved the throwback Microsoft loading page. Hahahahaha!!! And glad they'll be playing Cleveland in these so it looks like a pretty decent game, uniform wise. 

H7Su7ep.png

8rXVLXB.jpg

yCIOf2W.jpg

The Kingdome logo is a nice touch as well. 

huaShI8.png

• Like 8

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

From my count now, 18 out of 32 teams will have a throwback option in 2023. This is excluding the Bills, who did not wear their throwbacks last season. Eleven have a contemporary post-helmet rule addition, confirmed at least. With how things have popped up frequently the last few days, would not be shocked if there's one or two more surprises. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bowld said:

Crazy how much better Minnesota and Seattle used to look. Side by side is no contest-

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I'm convinced one of the reasons the Vikings went with the 60s set with the outlines instead of the sans outline 70s again is for the "I can't tell the difference from the current ones" crowd. I mean you still have people saying that anyway though, I think even Cousins did in the release video.

Personally I prefer the outlines anyway.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Nine, Congrats on getting the digit font incorrect!

mens-nike-dk-metcalf-royal-seattle-seaha

If you want to get THAT technical, the collar and NOB font is wrong too. It's still a beautiful jersey.

• Like 8

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

The Seahawks throwback could so easily be adapted to contemporary standards in the same way as the Vikings and Chargers uniforms. Just use the new logo, ditch the collar stripes, use the current number font and match the pants stripes to the sleeves and voila. I’d probably ditch the bird from the sleeves but maybe not? Either blue/green combo would work for me, but I think I might prefer the throwback colors.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

The Seahawks throwback could so easily be adapted to contemporary standards in the same way as the Vikings and Chargers uniforms. Just use the new logo, ditch the collar stripes, use the current number font and match the pants stripes to the sleeves and voila. I’d probably ditch the bird from the sleeves but maybe not? Either blue/green combo would work for me, but I think I might prefer the throwback colors.

Seeing the old logo back makes me miss it. I think the totem pole aspect of it gets a little more lost in the sauce with the new logo. Maybe that's just me.

I like the collar stripes but agree with you on the shoulder stripe logo. It gets redundant on the side view with the helmet logo. Using the stripe pattern would make more sense.

I would like to see a matching set with both navy and royal. Revert back to the royal as a primary, and keep a navy set as the alternate. Might need to find a 'tweener gray/silver color that works well with both sets. And perhaps even a green.

(Spoiler tag for those who don't care to see a mock-up comparing the two color schemes.)

Spoiler

ng2K9kM.png

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Applause 3

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.