NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

My initial reaction when seeing the first picture of the uniform: 

"What the :censored: is that?"

My reaction after seeing multiple pictures on here:

"What in the actual :censored: is that?"

• Like 1

so, these colts unis are supposed to look like blue jeans and jacket?  Like a midwestern cowboy ? They aren't terrible, regular (or royal)  helmet would be better. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

3 hours ago, B3N said:

The Tom Petty lyrics they used for the tweet start making more sense as the song goes on.

--

She grew up in an Indiana town
Had a good lookin' mama who never was around
But she grew up tall and she grew up right
With them Indiana boys on an Indiana night
Last dance with Mary Jane
One more time to kill the pain
I feel summer creepin' in and I'm tired of this town again

• LOL 6

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

6 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

The Tom Petty lyrics they used for the tweet start making more sense as the song goes on.

--

She grew up in an Indiana town
Had a good lookin' mama who never was around
But she grew up tall and she grew up right
With them Indiana boys on an Indiana night
Last dance with Mary Jane
One more time to kill the pain
I feel summer creepin' in and I'm tired of this town again

I'm a Tom Petty fan and have listened to that song dozens of times, but even I didn't make that connection, so it seems like a big stretch by the marketing department. I can't really think of what notable impact Indiana has had on pop culture outside of Hoosiers and Parks & Rec.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'm a Tom Petty fan and have listened to that song dozens of times, but even I didn't make that connection, so it seems like a big stretch by the marketing department. I can't really think of what notable impact Indiana has had on pop culture outside of Hoosiers and Parks & Rec.

This is Breaking Away erasure!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This Colts uniform could (generous use here) maybe work if the helmet were blue to create a full committal to monochrome, but even then it just doesn't look or feel right for the Colts. The heathered texture is terrible and just makes me think of cheap athleisure clothes from Target or something, and while that secondary logo is solid, placing it there makes every player look like a captain. Between all of that and branding it as the "Indiana Nights" alternate (which sounds hilarious as an outsider), and the whole thing just falls really flat for me. 

Ironically, one of the reasons that I was so excited for the removal of the one helmet rule was because I thought it would help us avoid these terrible monochrome uniforms with different color helmet combos, but the Lions and now Colts have proven that some teams just like that look I guess 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

spacer.png

As a Colts fans, I've been dreading this moment, I knew when they added the black swoosh, this was coming. They have had the same helmet since 1957? and only used early 50's throwbacks on occasion. If they were going to do an alternate be creative, put the kicking colt on the helmet. I don't understand why they didn't go with gray, instead of black, since they did use the color for the pants in 1984. Black added on to blue is overdone, BYU, Kentucky, KC Royals, Toronto Maple Leafs, etc..  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

spacer.png

If they were insistent on shoehorning black into this look, they should've done an Indianapolis 500 theme and done black and white checkerboard stripes on the shoulders, helmet, and pants. That would've actually looked good. Going with Blue/Blue/White/Blue or Black would've been nicer than black and then all blue below the neck. 

• Like 3

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

If they were insistent on shoehorning black into this look, they should've done an Indianapolis 500 theme and done black and white checkerboard stripes on the shoulders, helmet, and pants. That would've actually looked good. Going with Blue/Blue/White/Blue or Black would've been nicer than black and then all blue below the neck. 

That would be more creative, than any NFL team has been for the last 20 years.

• Like 1

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Well you gave the world Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and Mike Epps, so there's that at least...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

20 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Stranger Things could've made sense -- taking place in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana.

• LOL 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

The Commanders and Colts have really gone full 90s NHL with their alternates and helmets. Where the alternate has nothing to do with the primary uniform or any throwback worn in history. The Browns all-brown uniforms to a lesser extent could be included too.

Even with color rush, teams would alter a current template with new colors or just use a throwback uniform. These two have been completely out of the left field and feel disjointed with the home/away primaries. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Commanders and Colts have really gone full 90s NHL with their alternates and helmets. Where the alternate has nothing to do with the primary uniform or any throwback worn in history. The Browns all-brown uniforms to a lesser extent could be included too.

Even with color rush, teams would alter a current template with new colors or just use a throwback uniform. These two have been completely out of the left field and feel disjointed with the home/away primaries. 

It could be a slippery slope where we end up in a world with Association, Icon, Statement, and City NFL alternates.

• Hurl 1
  • Sad 2