NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

22 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

As much as I'm highly awaiting the appearance of those helmets—and alt uniforms—on the field, I'd much rather the Browns not wear them against the Steelers...but alas, here we are. Plus it's a prime time game so of course they're gonna show them off there....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

This Browns alt helmet goes way harder than their WFWS

Greedy Williams Signed Browns Flash Alternate Speed Mini Helmet (TSE) |  Pristine Auction

If you're gonna do faux-leather, just ditch the stripes and brightly-colored facemask. Black or leather-colored facemasks would work best with faux-leather.

uspw_6718080.jpg

Using a darker-colored leather texture on the helmet graphic would've been better, possibly one with fake stitching in certain sections.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

If you're gonna do faux-leather, just ditch the stripes and brightly-colored facemask. Black or leather-colored facemasks would work best with faux-leather.

uspw_6718080.jpg

Using a darker-colored leather texture on the helmet graphic would've been better, possibly one with fake stitching in certain sections.

I don't necessarily think that's what Cujo was going for, though, unless I missed something. That replica isn't intended to be a faux leather helmet. It's just another iteration of the Browns' current helmet in their color scheme. It just happens to be brown (because that's one of Cleveland's colors).

I also don't think characterizing this Brown's helmet as "white for white's sake" is accurate either. Their first helmets were white, so there is precedent for using a white helmet. The stripes and brown facemask also modernize that look a bit while better tying it to the rest of the uniform (at least from a color balance perspective; a white helmet with grey facemask and no stripes would stick out a bit more than what they're going with). My personal preference would be for the stripes on the helmet to match the pants stripes.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Cujo said:

Since we were on the topic of the Cowboys, the Cowboys. Their road navy/silver gear looks 100000x better than their home white/royal mess.

This really isn't a fair comparison because the helmet already matches all the colors of the navy/silver look. So the white uniform is a disjointed mess, while the navys are cohesive. A more fair comparison is comparing their original blue uniforms to their current navy uniforms. I happen to think the originals look much better.

21 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Twins, Astros, Nationals, Arizona, Auburn, Virginia, UNC

I won't get into college because most of them have been using the same colors so long that you couldn't imagine them changing, for better or worse.

But the Twins, Astros, and Nationals are perfect examples of teams that have drab, boring brands because of navy. The Astros looked so much better in their black/red scheme and the Nationals and Twins brands are just bland.

22 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Bears, Yankees, Braves, Tigers, off the top of my head. And I’m somebody who isn’t typically keen on navy blue. 

The Yankees' shade of navy is indistinguishable from black. The Bears, Braves, and Tigers all would look better in black as well. I'm not saying they should change to black because that would break long-standing tradition. But aesthetically, it would look a lot better in all of those cases.

• Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 6
  • Eyeroll 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

35 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

This really isn't a fair comparison because the helmet already matches all the colors of the navy/silver look. So the white uniform is a disjointed mess, while the navys are cohesive. A more fair comparison is comparing their original blue uniforms to their current navy uniforms. I happen to think the originals look much better.

I won't get into college because most of them have been using the same colors so long that you couldn't imagine them changing, for better or worse.

But the Twins, Astros, and Nationals are perfect examples of teams that have drab, boring brands because of navy. The Astros looked so much better in their black/red scheme and the Nationals and Twins brands are just bland.

The Yankees' shade of navy is indistinguishable from black. The Bears, Braves, and Tigers all would look better in black as well. I'm not saying they should change to black because that would break long-standing tradition. But aesthetically, it would look a lot better in all of those cases.

I can’t take anyone seriously who thinks that black and brick is less drab than orange and navy.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

I can’t take anyone seriously who thinks that black and brick is less drab than orange and navy.

In a vacuum the Astros do have a pretty bland scheme right now, but I think they use it well. The orange alternate and the navy alternate with the rainbow striping make it seem a lot less bland. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

I get the spirit of this part, but it's absolute heresy.

I will say, the sport that has the least use for navy blue is hockey, because playing on a white playing surface does lead to the issue you're describing here, where the navy becomes indistinguishable from black.

3 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Looks like a VT helmet

Yeah. You’re right. It looks like something that VT would toss out without applying the decal because the factory painted it brown instead of maroon. I hadn’t noticed that before you said it. 

• Like 1

The only team that I’d like to see replace navy with black would be the Braves, because it ties in with the other teams in the city. 

The only team that I’d like to see replace navy with royal blue is the Broncos, because there’s precedence in their history and would give them a unique color scheme in the NFL.

As true as it is that there are too many navy & red teams, especially in MLB, eliminating navy as an option would only increase blandness, not decrease it. For example, if the Nats, Twins, and/or any other navy/red team switched to royal blue, then they would just share a scheme with the Cubs & Rangers, and we’d have even more teams sharing the same color scheme.

• Like 3