NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

5 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

In fairness (not that I like Nike speak, because I hate it and it's dumb), I think they said it was more "a Jaguar walking through the shadows".

Nope. Down a rabbit hole, but here's the money shot:

"The player becomes the Jaguar," said designer Todd Van Horne. "The player is coming out of the shadows on the hunt."

Source - https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/jacksonville-jaguars-unveil-new-uniforms-for-201-1/288785129/

• Facepalm 3

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Nope. Down a rabbit hole, but here's the money shot:

"The player becomes the Jaguar," said designer Todd Van Horne. "The player is coming out of the shadows on the hunt."

Source - https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/jacksonville-jaguars-unveil-new-uniforms-for-201-1/288785129/

I still find that so hilarious.

Jacksonville Jaguars schedule 2014: Opponents set

Especially since the color is reversed from what was said.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 2:55 PM, AgentColon2 said:

Curious to see how illegible the Jets one will be lol

When I first saw the leak, I was thinking it was a pretty cool hat design and maybe I'll look at a Jets one if the have fitted versions too because I don't have a Jets hat. I never considered how bad it'll probably be.

NEW YORK

JE (NEW YORK) TS

(JETS)

(football)

Unless they use the NY alternate to avoid that.

IbjBaeE.png

On 3/10/2023 at 1:22 PM, BBTV said:

It can totally work if the third color is black.  Other than that, it's probably not a great idea.

Just an FYI: I wasn't the one who responded "Yikes" to both silver & gold being used, just quoted someone else saying that with my own jocular link to a Christmas song called 'Silver and Gold'.

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Something tells me we will be seeing a lot of prime time black jersey appearances for the Jets this coming season.

Something tells me we will be seeing a lot of prime time black jersey appearances for the Jets every single NFL team this coming season.

• Like 5
  • Hurl 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I believe teams typically try to use their best perceived jersey in signing announcements.

“Our white alternate jersey is our best jersey”

”Should we make the white alternate jersey and a similar black jersey our primary set because they are the best?”

”Absolutely not”

• Like 7
  • LOL 7

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Maybe whichever jersey they believe will sell the most? Those two things aren't always exclusive.

Why do you think that is? In other words, when would a long-standing alt selling more than a long-standing primary NOT be an indication that the alt is perceived as the better jersey?

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

10 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Why do you think that is? In other words, when would a long-standing alt selling more than a long-standing primary NOT be an indication that the alt is perceived as the better jersey?

Let's assume that most Saints fans agree that the alt is good and the primary sucks.  They're still going to sell a lot of primary jerseys simply by default - people are going to buy what the team wears.  They're also going to buy the throwbacks because they're cool, and somewhat of a novelty since they're only worn a few times.

If they get rid of the primary and elevate the alt, then they're only selling one jersey, and it's no longer a novelty.  It's almost like keeping a lousy primary around helps sell more alts, while also selling itself.

Of course, there's a simple solution - elevate the throwback, and then come up with a legitimately good alt to take its place.  

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Let's assume that most Saints fans agree that the alt is good and the primary sucks.  They're still going to sell a lot of primary jerseys simply by default - people are going to buy what the team wears.  They're also going to buy the throwbacks because they're cool, and somewhat of a novelty since they're only worn a few times.

If they get rid of the primary and elevate the alt, then they're only selling one jersey, and it's no longer a novelty.  It's almost like keeping a lousy primary around helps sell more alts, while also selling itself.

Of course, there's a simple solution - elevate the throwback, and then come up with a legitimately good alt to take its place.  

I nominate...

jyeww4ov2jxi5sg4aycb

usatsi_5633816.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

...I mean, because 1) Before 2005 that was the greatest—and until '05 the only—era of Saints history and b) that'd truly be a different look from the [hypothetical] primary. Plus, as rudimentary as it was at the time, those sleeve boots are just too nostalgic to be lost to antiquity. (That plus offset outlines are so 80s it's almost beautiful...and I think that era was the last time a Saints black jersey had white numbers, too, so it'd really be alternate.)

Although...if this were to come to fruition, it'd probably mark the first time a team's throwback jersey was actually newer than it's primary jersey, so there's that. 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Maybe... but it'd have to be the version with the Champion font:

vaughndunbar.jpg

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."