NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Maybe... but it'd have to be the version with the Champion font:

vaughndunbar.jpg

I'll take either/or. That said, for some reason, the Champion (or is it Wilson? I never can remember which) block numbers never sat right with me on the Saints jerseys in the way that they just seemed...right for the Bills (and depending on who you poll, the Bengals of that time). 

Whichever the case, the offset outlines HAVE to be there...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

"New jerseys" could mean literally just that - a new jersey (like an alt.)  Could also be a throwback.

They're probably simply saying jerseys when they really mean uniforms, but in this era where each team is allowed 18 jerseys to wear over a 17 game schedule, one should not assume.

• LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, TruColor said:

I've been hearing a lot of noise lately on this one:

I like Jurecki, but his reputation has gone downhill the last couple years. I'll rather get the inside from Gambadoro, Bickley or Darren Urban the Cardinals Insider before Jurecki these days. So ill believe it when I see it from another source

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gary said:

I like Jurecki, but his reputation has gone downhill the last couple years. I'll rather get the inside from Gambadoro, Bickley or Darren Urban the Cardinals Insider before Jurecki these days. So ill believe it when I see it from another source

Someone on the Cardinals message board (ASFN) has apparently seen what appears to be a new helmet. I'm trying to get details.

Apparently, all of the Cardinals jerseys on Fanatics are heavily discounted now.

(I agree on Jurecki though...he seems like he's been going off the deep end lately.)

43 minutes ago, TruColor said:

Someone on the Cardinals message board (ASFN) has apparently seen what appears to be a new helmet. I'm trying to get details.

The user's name isn't "willforgetmylogin" is it? 😛

Fanatics has discounted jerseys today for the Cardinals but regular prices for other teams (which usually means new unis on the way).  I think all teams are discounted today on NFL Shop due to store-wide promotion. 

• LOL 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This will mark the end of the Reebok era and unnecessary piping. 

What scares me is an increased focus on black. The only good thing about their primary uniforms since the 2000s was that black was simply used for trim/piping. But, with two black jerseys and then a black helmet, I am scared they are going to lean into that more ala NYJ. 

That would be terrible for a league that already has a major problem right now with teams leaning too much into all black uniforms.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, TruColor said:

Apparently, all of the Cardinals jerseys on Fanatics are heavily discounted now.

Normally I'd chalk this up to Fanatics and their ever rotating discounts codes, but today is just a fee shipping offer and all of them look to be about 25% off for now.

https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/jerseys/o-4661+t-58598953+d-1911345+z-8-3643743552?pageSize=72&sortOption=NewestArrivals

I checked a few other teams that we know aren't changing and the discounts aren't there.

Something is definitely afoot....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TruColor said:

(I agree on Jurecki though...he seems like he's been going off the deep end lately.)

If thats the case, I wouldn't mind seeing these uniforms

Shoutout to @DCarp1231 for being the first one to point out the Cards' dubiously uncanny header image from last training camp which featured a player wearing an ill-fitted #23 jersey with most of the current details obscured. I usually don't support this degree of social media detective bull, though this one just felt too good to not be smoke.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

I wouldn't expect it to be a full rebrand. We would've heard rumors or substantial info months ago. It's pretty darn late to unveil a set at this point, and usually something would have gotten out by this point. There's been a push for new uniforms for years by now, plus that mysterious teaser image, but it's super difficult to keep news like this under wraps for so long. I think it's more likely just swapping out one of the black alts for a throwback or something, though I'd love to see a rebrand.

edit: Nevermind. didn't see the quote from the owner, discounted jerseys, or the possible new helmet. Looks like it's finally happening.

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns